ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven wins Nagurski Trophy

The Cincy fan responses to TU’s tweet about him winning the award are really something. I’m trying to think of a group of fans I’ve encountered that are total trash like Cincy’s, and Fresno State back in the day is the one that comes to mind

Last edited:
Even crazier that it is not just a national positional award (LB, QB, OL, etc.), but a national award for an entire side of the ball. Really the only award more prestigious is the Heisman.

(Ok, maybe the national offensive POY as well, but I’m calling that one a tie.)

The Cincy fans responses to TU’s tweet about him winning the award are really something. I’m trying to think of a group of vans I’ve encountered that are total trash like Cincy’s and Fresno State back in the day is the one that comes to mind
Uhh...doesn't it work in your team's favor when your opponents get recognition? Particularly if you beat them (albeit after cheating to get a home game)?

I had forgotten how trashy their fans were.

The stadium was a riot of people. All drunk. No social distancing. Many running their mouths. Besides Hawaii, it’s the only place where I’ve been greeted with expletives by someone WORKING in the stadium.

I never understand these awards. Win National defensive player of the year, but dont win your position group award. Makes sense. Did they just feel obligated to give that to ND

Reactions: HuffyCane
I never understand these awards. Win National defensive player of the year, but dont win your position group award. Makes sense. Did they just feel obligated to give that to ND
The awards are just as disjointed as the bowls. Local Chambers of Commerce or charitable groups run them. The award he won is out of Charlotte. The Butkus Award is given out by the poo-bahs of Orlando. Most of whom know nothing of football. The high school winner this year went to a school called Notre Dame fwiw. Betcha he ends up there too.

Well deserved award. Could have been given the best LB award as well.

Didnt realize he announced he would not be playing in the bowl game. That's a bummer. Was hoping to see him one more time

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT