ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven Collins

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Its not sounding like Arizona will be picking up his 5th year option. The new coaching staff had him playing a different position all last year and his stats plummeted. Curious if he ends up in Washington.

Reactions: loca2874
Zaven still has to have a year left on his contract, as he will be entering his 4th year in the NFL. We will see what he does in 2024.
He does but teams are obligated to let players in the 4th year of their initial rookie contracts if they will be picking up the team's 5th year option on the contract by the start of the next NFL business year, which is soon. (This might only be a thing for 1st round picks; 2nd round on down probably have a slightly different contract structure). Basically it let's Zaven know if he has a good/great season he can go FA and it could cost Arizona more $$$ to re-sign him. Hopefully the Cardinals don't tank him this season.

Makes me sad. I was hoping for a better career for him (and maybe it will still happen).

However, to defend the Cardinals a bit, Zaven has really struggled getting off blocks in the NFL…especially at linebacker.

His only hope is on the edge, but I don’t think he’s explosive enough (and lacks some size for that position).

He’s an elite one on one tackler with nice speed. He just hasn’t been able to show it much.

Makes me sad. I was hoping for a better career for him (and maybe it will still happen).

However, to defend the Cardinals a bit, Zaven has really struggled getting off blocks in the NFL…especially at linebacker.

His only hope is on the edge, but I don’t think he’s explosive enough (and lacks some size for that position).

He’s an elite one on one tackler with nice speed. He just hasn’t been able to show it much.
He plays the weak side and most teams are going the other direction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT