ADVERTISEMENT

Youth soccer club

Nope. We have two OPC games...one in Sapulpa and one in Sand Springs...both on Saturday because the shlubs at OPC are wholly incompetent at scheduling and or vetting/schedules. Kids haven't played a game that has counted for anything since the NEOFC Tournament in August. Parents are getting restless about the lack of games, kids are getting restless. There's a few kids who are playing HS football or soccer and have been at least practicing/training/conditioning 5 days a week but the rest of the kids are really out of game shape. We'll see what happens.

Good luck this weekend

You too. I would be surprised if we didn't meet the 2009 TSC team in the finals. Haven't been impressed with Kansas teams outside of those in the Kansas City area.

You too. I would be surprised if we didn't meet the 2009 TSC team in the finals. Haven't been impressed with Kansas teams outside of those in the Kansas City area.
There are some really good boys teams from Wichita. Problem with those is that you never really know what age group you are playing against. I've heard accounts of certain clubs in Wichita playing the same kids at the 05, 06 and 07 age groups BUT none of the names on the submitted rosters are the same for those teams. Also, they'll run in 4-5 kids about 10 minutes after kick so they never get checked in because there are no player cards available for them. The Tornadoes clubs around Tulsa used the same tactic (I had a parent on our team come and tell me to watch for it at one of the tournaments and sure enough, 4 kids came in right about the 10 minute mark and sat on the bench). Turns out 2 of the players weren't on the roster for that team.

So our games this weekend have been postponed. One of the parents on our team tested positive for COVID yesterday. Kid was at practice with us on Tuesday. Right now he is the only direct exposure we are aware of and he hasn't been tested (and the urgent care they called said they won't test the kids right now because they haven't exhibited or experienced any symptoms--therein lies half the problem with the spread in OK). Out of caution for the teams we are playing, we decided it was better to reschedule and be sure. Sucks because our kids haven't played a meaningful game in almost 6 weeks.

If they want to get the kid tested have them go to a different testing facility. I have a co-worker who just got all of her kids tested here in Tulsa because their grandparents were coming to visit. It wasn’t an issue.

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. I know club rules are pretty strict in this area. You can almost guarantee there has been a kid on every team who had the virus and practiced/played. It is what it is.

So the parent is now recovered, kid is back at practice, no one else in the family got it. Parent said his symptoms were a lot like the flu...fever, chills, aches, loss of appetite, some nausea. He said he didn't really lose his sense of taste nor did he cough a lot. He said there was a little congestion but not much.

This week we try to play our first game again. We will be at South Lakes on Sunday to play their U15 Premier team. We'll see if Coach Boateng has chilled any since the last time we played them and he chased the referee off the field.

Bixby North Int just quarantined the entire 5th grade speaking of the Rona.

Bixby North Int just quarantined the entire 5th grade speaking of the Rona.
This family may have a kid in that grade. I know once the dad tested positive they hadn't been back to school and today was supposed to be the 1st day back for their kids...they're in Bixby. They've been out for 2 weeks so I am thinking they were not the reason why Bixby would need to do that.

Law poked us you guys play oefc yesterday?

TUBLA did your son play at Southlakes yesterday?

Lawpoke did you guys play oefc yesterday?

Unfortunately we did and lost. They came out fast and physical. Like we beat them last time out :). Our girls simply didn’t match their effort level.

How is your season going of late ?

They played. Weather was miserable. It was a weird game because final score really didn't paint a complete picture. Being honest, my son didn't play very well. He tends to lose focus when he's cold. By the end of the game he couldn't feel his fingers. He said it would be a major deal if someone invented a GK glove that had grip but was also warm.

The SLSC team has a big fast kid up front. They didn't do much to work the ball up the field or possess it as much as play over the top and let this kid run onto it. My son's team had some good stretches of possession as well as some nice play working the ball out of the back. But like a lot of the TSC teams in the 05 and 06 age groups, there is an immense struggle in the attacking 1/3 and finishing the build up.

I will say I was happy to see their fight. Being down as much as they were, they never did give up or stop playing hard. That is something that's a change from the past.

Unfortunately we did and lost. They came out fast and physical. Like we beat them last time out :). Our girls simply didn’t match their effort level.

How is your season going of late ?

man that’s what they did to us in the Neofc tourney. Long balls and just smash into our girls and we had a hard time dealing with their energy and pressure.

we’ve only played 1 game and it was almost a month ago. We’re suppose to play oefc green tomorrow but that won’t happen now. We will play all our games in about a 3 week stretch it looks like.

They played. Weather was miserable. It was a weird game because final score really didn't paint a complete picture. Being honest, my son didn't play very well. He tends to lose focus when he's cold. By the end of the game he couldn't feel his fingers. He said it would be a major deal if someone invented a GK glove that had grip but was also warm.

The SLSC team has a big fast kid up front. They didn't do much to work the ball up the field or possess it as much as play over the top and let this kid run onto it. My son's team had some good stretches of possession as well as some nice play working the ball out of the back. But like a lot of the TSC teams in the 05 and 06 age groups, there is an immense struggle in the attacking 1/3 and finishing the build up.

I will say I was happy to see their fight. Being down as much as they were, they never did give up or stop playing hard. That is something that's a change from the past.

my son is one of the CM’s on the SL team. We really didn’t play that great. We were up 3-0 20 minutes in and you guys were outplaying us. After you scored I thought we woke up a little and played a little better. Tbh your son didn’t get much help. Most of our goals were right in front of the goal and I thought he made some good saves. Most of them there wasn’t anything he could do.

my son is one of the CM’s on the SL team. We really didn’t play that great. We were up 3-0 20 minutes in and you guys were outplaying us. After you scored I thought we woke up a little and played a little better. Tbh your son didn’t get much help. Most of our goals were right in front of the goal and I thought he made some good saves. Most of them there wasn’t anything he could do.
Your analysis of my son's play is a lot more forgiving. And it wasn't even anything about positioning or technique. I think my main issue was his effort on some of them. I know he was cold...he hadn't even been out of the car for more than 10 minutes when he asked if he could have my beanie. He also put surgical gloves on under the GK gloves at the recommendation of his GK coach. He said it helps keep the hands dryer and thus warmer in cold weather. There was also a ton of indecision on his part. Usually he is really aggressive in challenging 1 v 1 opportunities. I'm hoping Saturday he is a little better against the Sheffield team. I think his team played with some confidence on Sunday despite the score. I knew that the SLSC team and the Blitz Green team would be the 2 teams probably a notch above us coming in. We should be pretty well matched up with Sheffield, WSA Navy, and WSA East Red. We should throttle the WSA OKC team and the WSA RISE teams.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Your analysis of my son's play is a lot more forgiving. And it wasn't even anything about positioning or technique. I think my main issue was his effort on some of them. I know he was cold...he hadn't even been out of the car for more than 10 minutes when he asked if he could have my beanie. He also put surgical gloves on under the GK gloves at the recommendation of his GK coach. He said it helps keep the hands dryer and thus warmer in cold weather. There was also a ton of indecision on his part. Usually he is really aggressive in challenging 1 v 1 opportunities. I'm hoping Saturday he is a little better against the Sheffield team. I think his team played with some confidence on Sunday despite the score. I knew that the SLSC team and the Blitz Green team would be the 2 teams probably a notch above us coming in. We should be pretty well matched up with Sheffield, WSA Navy, and WSA East Red. We should throttle the WSA OKC team and the WSA RISE teams.

Good luck the rest of the season.

we should have beaten the blitz team. I bet the foul difference was 20-4. Last 10 min I bet he gave them 6 free kicks and they got one in. Good luck to you guys as well!

we should have beaten the blitz team. I bet the foul difference was 20-4. Last 10 min I bet he gave them 6 free kicks and they got one in. Good luck to you guys as well!
My son used to play with probably 6 of the players on the Blitz team. All sort of driven away from TSC because they weren't given a proper chance to show their stuff. He's known the CB on that team since they were 4 and he even played on my U7 rec team. The 10 played with him for 3 years. Left when Donovan moved up after winning State Cup and no one from our team was allowed to try out for the #2 team to move up. Two other kids left that year as well for Blitz/Energy as well. Their first 11 is really good. After that there is a noticeable drop off with the kids on the bench. I think Reis actually has too many kids rostered with that group.

Reactions: TU 98
My son's team lost to Sheffield 2-0 this past Saturday. Weird thing is Sheffield didn't actually score any goals. Both goals came off of own goals. One a weird deflection. The other was off a corner headed in by their own 6. The team did not play nearly as well as they did against the South Lakes team either. Possession was nearly non-existent, no desire to win 50/50 balls. This team just doesn't do well at 9:00am games. My son was getting noticeably frustrated as well. He takes his own goal kicks and can get them to just about the center of the field but his teammates don't fight for the ball so they usually go for naught. On Saturday in the 2nd half, he had about a 20-25 mph breeze behind him and several times he punted the ball all the way to the opponents GK and his teammate never adjusted by going further down the field. Since Sheffield plays a deep sweeper, there was no chance his teammates would be offside.

Very few things more frustrating than watching kids give minimal effort in the field. Next two months look busy for us. In addition to league games and the OK Showcase we are in Dallas for a pre ECNL showcase after Thanksgiving and then in Phoenix for the SurfCup after Xmas. Lots of hotel points in the way.

Looks like we will be in Dallas for the Dallas Cup Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully we wont have a game until later Friday so we dont have to do the extra hotel night.

After not playing for 2 months, we have 3 games in the next 10 days. We've got some help from the NPL team coming for this weekend because we've got one player out injured with a knee injury (from playing football at Bixby) and another player out who has been COVID quarantined because of an exposure at school (he hasn't been around the team so we are not in quarantine). We play WSA Navy tomorrow evening. This is the team my son almost moved to last May as he has a couple of friends on the team. He won the job in the tryout but decided to stay at TSC. Sunday we play Blitz Green. This will be an interesting game as I know their starting CB is out with an injury suffered during the Blitz tournament. It will still be a challenge. Good luck this weekend to everyone playing.

Last week's update....played 2 games, one on Thursday against WSA squad and then on Sunday against Blitz 06B Green. Won the game vs WSA 4-2. It was a weird game. Both of WSA's goals came on counters in the 1st half completely against the run of play and as a result of missed clearances by defenders and and giveaways in the box. We did have a guest player playing with us and the communication lack between him and the normal backs was pretty evident. Kid is a really good player but when you haven't played with a group and don't know each other's tendencies, things like this happen. My son's team had about 40 shots (not kidding) and another 10-12 offside calls against. WSA insisted on playing a really high line but they didn't have the speed to do that and hope to catch up to our outside forwards when the ball got played through or over. The WSA GK is a good friend to a lot of the boys on our team, including my son. He got told during tryouts at TSC he could stay and be on the team but the coach couldn't guarantee him any playing time as he was going to be the #2. When my son went to WSA to tryout b/c of the TSC fiasco in May, this kid showed up there too. My son felt awful about that. My son won the WSA job but ultimately decided to stay at TSC. WSA picked up this kid. The coach of the WSA team is the former Bahamian NT goalkeeping coach and what he has done with the GK is amazing. The kid played amazing and was quick off his line to shut down the numerous 1 v 1's we had. Ultimately, in the 2nd half TSC broke through with a goal off of a corner to bring it to 2-1. Forward then got loose at the top of the box and rocketed a shot past for 2-2 and after that point the game was played on their half of the field almost exclusively. Once our kids adjusted to the high line and timed their runs up a little better it got really difficult for WSA to do anything. Sub forward came on and anticipated the GK coming off the line to stop a break and he took a quick touch to the side and tucked it in behind. 4th goal came at the final whistle as we earned a free kick about 4 yards outside the area. Player stepped up and hit an absolutely beautiful shot to the upper 90 far post. GK never had a chance on that one. You could see the confidence brimming after the game was over.

Sunday, they played the Blitz 06B team that '98 talked about. They beat us 2-0 on a couple of really fluky goals. First came on a cross from the deep corner and as my son was tracking it, the wind caught it and pushed it in off the post. I was in line filming it and the ball was curling towards the spot and then essed and moved a good 4-6 feet (30 mph wind against my son's team in the 2nd half). 2nd came off a free kick late in the game. My son was there and went to push it over the bar. I guess he got lost as to where he actually was (in the goal) and pushed it into the underside of the bar and it dropped behind. TSC probably owned 65% of the possession in the game. Also, TSC team was the only one to create chances going against the win. My son's team just lacks a pure finisher at this point. The difference in the way the team is playing, especially with regards to defensive shape and relationship is really amazing. I really like the coach and what he's teaching the boys. One of the parents on the Blitz team complimented our team for their physicality without it being chippy or dirty. I was shocked that anyone would label this team as "physical". We should be in good shape the rest of the way as long as the boys are awake for games.

Last week's update....played 2 games, one on Thursday against WSA squad and then on Sunday against Blitz 06B Green. Won the game vs WSA 4-2. It was a weird game. Both of WSA's goals came on counters in the 1st half completely against the run of play and as a result of missed clearances by defenders and and giveaways in the box. We did have a guest player playing with us and the communication lack between him and the normal backs was pretty evident. Kid is a really good player but when you haven't played with a group and don't know each other's tendencies, things like this happen. My son's team had about 40 shots (not kidding) and another 10-12 offside calls against. WSA insisted on playing a really high line but they didn't have the speed to do that and hope to catch up to our outside forwards when the ball got played through or over. The WSA GK is a good friend to a lot of the boys on our team, including my son. He got told during tryouts at TSC he could stay and be on the team but the coach couldn't guarantee him any playing time as he was going to be the #2. When my son went to WSA to tryout b/c of the TSC fiasco in May, this kid showed up there too. My son felt awful about that. My son won the WSA job but ultimately decided to stay at TSC. WSA picked up this kid. The coach of the WSA team is the former Bahamian NT goalkeeping coach and what he has done with the GK is amazing. The kid played amazing and was quick off his line to shut down the numerous 1 v 1's we had. Ultimately, in the 2nd half TSC broke through with a goal off of a corner to bring it to 2-1. Forward then got loose at the top of the box and rocketed a shot past for 2-2 and after that point the game was played on their half of the field almost exclusively. Once our kids adjusted to the high line and timed their runs up a little better it got really difficult for WSA to do anything. Sub forward came on and anticipated the GK coming off the line to stop a break and he took a quick touch to the side and tucked it in behind. 4th goal came at the final whistle as we earned a free kick about 4 yards outside the area. Player stepped up and hit an absolutely beautiful shot to the upper 90 far post. GK never had a chance on that one. You could see the confidence brimming after the game was over.

Sunday, they played the Blitz 06B team that '98 talked about. They beat us 2-0 on a couple of really fluky goals. First came on a cross from the deep corner and as my son was tracking it, the wind caught it and pushed it in off the post. I was in line filming it and the ball was curling towards the spot and then essed and moved a good 4-6 feet (30 mph wind against my son's team in the 2nd half). 2nd came off a free kick late in the game. My son was there and went to push it over the bar. I guess he got lost as to where he actually was (in the goal) and pushed it into the underside of the bar and it dropped behind. TSC probably owned 65% of the possession in the game. Also, TSC team was the only one to create chances going against the win. My son's team just lacks a pure finisher at this point. The difference in the way the team is playing, especially with regards to defensive shape and relationship is really amazing. I really like the coach and what he's teaching the boys. One of the parents on the Blitz team complimented our team for their physicality without it being chippy or dirty. I was shocked that anyone would label this team as "physical". We should be in good shape the rest of the way as long as the boys are awake for games.

That's great man! Those are good results for sure. Especially against Blitz. They're a solid team. We won 10-0 and 8-0 last week. Neither were much of a game. I feel like maybe we should have played in NPL. The NEOFC team we have won some and lost some against is middle of the pack.

My daughters (2010's) team tied the OEFC first team 1-1 on Monday. They were on our end most of the first half and then got a bs pk with about 10 min left and then we tied it up late and then we played their 2nd team on Wednesday and didn't play very well. Still up 1-0 late and they also got a bs pk where one of our girls on a throw in it hit her middle of the chest and the ref called a hand ball and they got a pk. Tough to have the only goals you give up be pk's (and questionable ones at that). Doesn't matter I guess but is still frustrating.

That's great man! Those are good results for sure. Especially against Blitz. They're a solid team. We won 10-0 and 8-0 last week. Neither were much of a game. I feel like maybe we should have played in NPL. The NEOFC team we have won some and lost some against is middle of the pack.

My daughters (2010's) team tied the OEFC first team 1-1 on Monday. They were on our end most of the first half and then got a bs pk with about 10 min left and then we tied it up late and then we played their 2nd team on Wednesday and didn't play very well. Still up 1-0 late and they also got a bs pk where one of our girls on a throw in it hit her middle of the chest and the ref called a hand ball and they got a pk. Tough to have the only goals you give up be pk's (and questionable ones at that). Doesn't matter I guess but is still frustrating.

Are you coming up for tomorrow am game against TSC? Assuming it doesn’t rain out. Great result against Energy. That team is so good.

Are you coming up for tomorrow am game against TSC? Assuming it doesn’t rain out. Great result against Energy. That team is so good.
I have to coach my sons 06 team at the same time or I would. We'll be missing our 2 DCM's for that game unfortuntaley. I kind of expect you guys to put it on us. We got in the Norman tourney last minute for free which is good but that means we play tonight at 6, against you guys at 10:30 in Tulsa and then again at 5:00 tomorrow and probably 2 games Sunday. We also played last Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. Has been a full week.

Wow. That’s a schedule. Good luck in all those games other than one 😜. Tomorrow am looks wet up here so you guys might get to miss that drive.

Tied the WSA Red east team today. Couldn't finish in the final 1/3. Still played a really solid game. Only goal against came off a pass back (my son called for it) but his defender didn't hit the pass hard enough and right onto the foot of the attacker. Son got a piece of it but not enough to keep it out. Also had a series of 3 saves earlier in the game. My son played pretty solid as did the rest of his team. Wind was again a factor.

Son's team got the equalizer with about 30 seconds left on a PK. Considering the ref hadn't called a foul on the other team all day until this one, I was shocked we got the call. (actually the AR signaled for it and he was pretty emphatic about it). It was a very inconsistent game in terms of the center officiating. He seemed to shrug calls off a few times. He allowed a lot of clutching and grabbing. One of our players got shoved to the ground with a forearm to the back of the neck, no call. About a minute later, one of their players gets pushed in the back and goes down...foul called. My son got kicked in the shoulder (and not while on the ground) with a high boot...no call. Not only was it a dangerous play, it should have been a yellow card as the kid was out of control in his attempt...and he had already been whistled offside on the play.

My son is going to play with the NPL side tomorrow against NEOFC Bartlesville. This should be interesting.

Everyone I know who has a kid who plays youth soccer in Dallas has gotten COVID in the last two weeks. About a half dozen families, none of whom know each other. Stay safe ...

It’s crazy. Some of our parents are wearing masks on the sideline now. The numbers exploding like they are everywhere is really crazy.

my son did get to play with the NPL side today. He played about a half and kept a clean sheet. Made 2 impressive saves and 2 really key interventions on crosses. The regular keeper played fine but wasn’t pressed much. The biggest difference is distribution. My son is far superior in that aspect of the game. He had two key distributions to key quick counters today and the team he played for struggled to really get anything going and these two were as dangerous as they were all game. Game ended 0-0.

Everyone I know who has a kid who plays youth soccer in Dallas has gotten COVID in the last two weeks. About a half dozen families, none of whom know each other. Stay safe ...

Headed down to Dallas for the Texas Cup next weekend. Starting to get nervous about all this traveling. Looks like a stacked field in Dallas with the Sting, Solar, FC Dallas. Albion, etc...

Headed down to Dallas for the Texas Cup next weekend. Starting to get nervous about all this traveling. Looks like a stacked field in Dallas with the Sting, Solar, FC Dallas. Albion, etc...
Are you guys staying at the Renaissance as well? Im not really looking forward to traveling this time.

We are too, they called my wife yesterday (she is the team manager) asking about our record to make sure we were seeded approrpiately.

Pleased with the schedule times. Play 4:30pm on Friday so we can drive down that day and play 9:30am on Sunday am which puts us on the road home by 11am. We’re placed in the top division so we get to tangle with the top Solar, Sting and Dallas Soccer Club teams. Going to be a tough weekend.

They pulled the schedules back down from the website, but looked like we are playing at 2 on Friday, 2 games Saturday, then finals on Sunday if we make it. I want to just get up early Friday and drive down, but looks like we will go down Thursday afternoon so we dont have to worry about car legs when we get there.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT