ADVERTISEMENT

Wichita State game thread

They’re letting them play, that’s for sure. WSU shooting 67% early, I don’t expect that to last. A couple of their shots got really lucky bounces.

We’re going too deep in the shot clock and just chunking them up.

Archie with the offensive rebound and score. Glad he’s getting minutes. PJ may have a tough time if the refs continue to allow all that bumping.

WSU looks bigger, quicker, and more skilled. Is this the same roster they’ve had all year?

Perhaps some better bodies were eligible this semester?

TU can’t get anything open offensively.

We’re actually doing pretty good on TOs today but the rebounding is killing us.

I didn’t realize Toby was at Wichita State. Clearly he’s why they are winning. He mutters better than most.

We got 20 seconds on the clock after that last foul and instead of working for a good shot we put up a guarded three. Need to play smarter.

I didn’t realize Toby was at Wichita State. Clearly he’s why they are winning. He mutters better than most.
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Reactions: Gold*
11 is a good sized hole but it’s not insurmountable. I’m glad PJ broke the ice, we need another 20 point half out of him.

Tough half. I guess Rice is pretty bad, because this reminded me of the SMU game.

Not feeling good about coming back. Wichita State runs a nice offense, and we’re struggling to find easy opportunities.

Garcia got bullied.

Looks like it’s an Archie/Haggerty type of game (if we have a shot).

The crowd is great!

WSU passes, catches and finishes inside much better than we do. They are shooting a high per cent because of the inside 5 footers.

3 rivalry games this year and we’ve been embarrassed in all 3 (ORU, OSU, WS). Nice.

They got a couple transfers eligible at semester I think.

What happened. TV cut away?
We got a steal and then WSU tied us up. The refs were slow to call it so there was some rasslin. Number 10 started yelling and stomping around the court.

When we get those offensive rebounds we need to work up a good shot instead of chucking a three. Use that 20 seconds.

Reactions: loca2874
Lead is 2 and we are in a better position than before the half. They need to drive inside, WSU will foul.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT