ADVERTISEMENT

when is the press conference?

Original TULSAFAN

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
Or does TU expect us to just "'take it"?

Media should be calling for heads today...

If not, the City, University and fan base could not be less apathetic.

Reactions: maverickfp
This team and coaching staff will win 10 games next year....would be nice to have a press conference to announce an indoor practice facility so we can keep up with the rest of the conference.

Reactions: TU_BLA
This team and coaching staff will win 10 games next year....would be nice to have a press conference to announce an indoor practice facility so we can keep up with the rest of the conference.

10 wins? Lol how do you figure that?

I usually don’t respond to this kind of nonsense, but I really don’t care for “fans” that intentionally try to make my school look bad. This one claims to be a Tulsa fan but certainly doesn’t act like one. Maybe it’s time for him to find a different hobby.

I don’t know what’s going to happen, but I’m going to be supportive either way. We had a nice crowd yesterday, maybe bigger than most expected and probably some even hoped for. So saying the fan base is apathetic is way off, except for the vocal minority that like to constantly complain and criticize.

I’ll be back for the September 14 home opener vs OSU. I hope you’ll join me.

Go TU

Major changes should take place
Those changes should already be in action now

A press conference announcing how and what will be done to get to a conf championship must take place

We need to bring in an offensive coordinator if we keep him, with an average offense this year, we win 8

Original reminds me of Ray Stanz ...Is he still lurking around ?

Original Tulsa Fan = Bigzit = Tulsafan

Went to law school at TU a long time ago. Has no other connection to city or school and comes here to constantly complain. As far as I am tell, gives no money to program and just comes here because of psychological issues and need to put down someone or something. It’s way old.

He did used to regularly threaten to withhold his contributions based on some ridiculous demands. I wonder how that worked out.

Stantz was a different guy and a whole other level of crazy.

I am pretty sure I give more than most
None of your biz the amount
To the ghc and law school

I give, Champion level with GHC, so there is money behind my words!

We suck and we need to not suck anymore!

Use my money to make that happen please :)

Please move up a level and make a 5 year commitment by joining the Leadership Council. If all GHC members would do this, we would have some $$$ to get something done!!

i like KK here as OC and if next year doesn't work out, then give him the head job.

but i'm guessing he gets some big time OC offers...USC? Tennessee?

Also guessing Denton U offers him the head job if Seth takes the TT job.

Fedora from UNC is now available...hmm.
I like that idea a lot. Kliff Kingsbury is also available and his offense is very similar to the one Monty runs. They're all variations of what Leach was doing.

BTW, firing Kingsbury was incredibly stupid of Tech. They were on fire until Bowman went down. They were toe to toe with OU until Bowman went down. Bowman's pissed so I wouldn't be surprised to see him explore a transfer. Tech also needs to have realistic expectations and understand who they are. They're not OU, they're not Texas so they will only be in the mix 1 out of 10 years for a conference championship when they hit that magical combination on a given year.

Also, very disappointed that he hasn't been fired. Sad day. Oh well, here's to next year and 3 more wins.

Also, very disappointed that he hasn't been fired. Sad day. Oh well, here's to next year and 3 more wins.
Next year is Michigan State for the pay-out, Okie State at home, Wyoming , UCF, East Carolina and the west division teams . Considering the schedule I’ll be more than satisfied with. 6 or 7 wins .

I was dropping the girl off at the school last night and noticed that Coach Monty’s vehicle wasn’t in his usual parking space which is unusual even for a Sunday night. He does put in a lot of hours at the office.

I guess he can take a day off now that the season is over.

Next year is Michigan State for the pay-out, Okie State at home, Wyoming , UCF, East Carolina and the west division teams . Considering the schedule I’ll be more than satisfied with. 6 or 7 wins .

Next year will be loaded.

Wyoming will be decent. ECU won't be easy and probably will have a new coach. SMU will be fully into their switch and looked decent under Dykes first year. Tulane continues to improve.

UCF will return almost everybody. Will be ranked.

Cincy returns everybody. Will end up ranked.

Houston loses Oliver but has been consitantly ranked every year at some point.

Memphis is rolling right now probably at minimum an 8 win team.

Navy will be Navy and I would expect them to bounce back.

OSU will be reloaded and likely ranked.

Michigan St will be ranked.

That's quite possibly 6 ranked teams and no give me's. Next year will be a harder schedule.

Not firing him this year means it will be harder next year with a tough schedule and Monty breaking in a new QB.

It will be wait till next year, besides we don't have the money. Even if we did who would want a program with 1 winning season since 2013.

I was dropping the girl off at the school last night and noticed that Coach Monty’s vehicle wasn’t in his usual parking space which is unusual even for a Sunday night. He does put in a lot of hours at the office.

You’re right. He’s usually there late on Sunday night. But all the other coaches are also out on the road recruiting and I can’t imagine it’s much fun to sit in the office all alone on a Sunday night. Besides, I’m sure every coach’s family will be just a little happy to get to spend more time together than they have since at least August 1st.

Reactions: TU4ever2

Wonder what he does on a Sunday. Game planning our run, run, pass philosophy must be tough work.

Next year will be loaded.

Wyoming will be decent. ECU won't be easy and probably will have a new coach. SMU will be fully into their switch and looked decent under Dykes first year. Tulane continues to improve.

UCF will return almost everybody. Will be ranked.

Cincy returns everybody. Will end up ranked.

Houston loses Oliver but has been consitantly ranked every year at some point.

Memphis is rolling right now probably at minimum an 8 win team.

Navy will be Navy and I would expect them to bounce back.

OSU will be reloaded and likely ranked.

Michigan St will be ranked.

That's quite possibly 6 ranked teams and no give me's. Next year will be a harder schedule.

Not firing him this year means it will be harder next year with a tough schedule and Monty breaking in a new QB.

It will be wait till next year, besides we don't have the money. Even if we did who would want a program with 1 winning season since 2013.
Lol we have to fire him this year to avoid the risk he might do well enough next year that we don’t want to fire him anymore? This sounds like a jihad.

If he gets 3 wins again it won’t matter who we played, we’ll have justification to fire him until he starts winning again.

Go be fan of Lamar.
Lamar won six straight games and made it to the playoffs. What did Dead Coach Walking have to say in his final radio show last night? The Facebook comments are telling.

Lol we have to fire him this year to avoid the risk he might do well enough next year that we don’t want to fire him anymore? This sounds like a jihad.

If he gets 3 wins again it won’t matter who we played, we’ll have justification to fire him until he starts winning again.

Let's start with the bolded part. Your reading comprehension is poor to say the least.

What I pointed out is the same excuses used now to maintain a coach who has 1 winning season (with someone else's players), will be even more valid next year.

You clearly have no idea what jihad is so you should probably avoid using the term since it is better to let the world think you are ignorant than it is to prove it.

As for your final point, we just had him win two games in back to back seasons and go over a year with out a win over an FBS opponent. There have been zero changes made. There is no reason to believe another result similar to the last two seasons will lead to change since it did not before.

A solid definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.

Let's start with the bolded part. Your reading comprehension is poor to say the least.

What I pointed out is the same excuses used now to maintain a coach who has 1 winning season (with someone else's players), will be even more valid next year.

You clearly have no idea what jihad is so you should probably avoid using the term since it is better to let the world think you are ignorant than it is to prove it.

As for your final point, we just had him win two games in back to back seasons and go over a year with out a win over an FBS opponent. There have been zero changes made. There is no reason to believe another result similar to the last two seasons will lead to change since it did not before.

A solid definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
Our defense seems better.

Our defense seems better.
And it's not a talent issue. We've seen that we have players capable of playing with just about anyone. I do agree that Monty needs to divest his duties of being both the HC and the OC. He needs to focus more on big picture, especially clock management. The reason things worked for the offense at Houston and Baylor and even 2 years ago at Tulsa is because the play calling was aggressive and fast. Saturday, in the first half, the play calling was aggressive and fast and kept SMU off balance. It's not that the plays are deceptively designed, it's we kept the hammer down and didn't make things easy by being predictable. 2nd half wasn't the same and predictably we didn't score as many points.

I don't think he has been a complete failure. Recruiting is better despite what people think because their married to * ratings. I think the on field improvement has been observable this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT