CBS/Palm - Military vs Louisiana

ESPN - Birmingham vs UAB

College Football News - 1st Responder vs UTSA

247 Sports - Military vs Rutgers

Athlon - Military vs Maryland

Stadium (McMurphy) - Independence vs Army

Bleacher Report - Birmingham vs Kent State

The Athletic (Mandel) - Birmingham vs Boise

Rutgers already said they’re not going to a bowl. I’m not liking these options.

On this list, only Army or Boise only interest me. TU is not going to get a P6 with a 500 or better record. The P6 don't want to lose to the American no. 2. ARESCO screwed us by matching up BYU and UCF before we played. And, we knew he and the league would be rooting for Cinncinatti to get the Peach. My only consolation from last night, other than the great effort from the TU defense, is that the league is getting NY6 money.

I really don’t care who we play.
I would prefer a decent P6 or a 1-2 loss G4 team but, it’s been a while since we’ve been to a bowl and I didn’t come into this season expecting a bowl at all so I’ll take whoever they give us.

Reactions: Tulsa_
I really dont care who we play. I'd love to play a P5 team, but I just want something to look forward to this bowl season. Sure not going to being watching the same teams in the playoffs

CBS/Palm - Military vs Louisiana

ESPN - Birmingham vs UAB

College Football News - 1st Responder vs UTSA

247 Sports - Military vs Rutgers

Athlon - Military vs Maryland

Stadium (McMurphy) - Independence vs Army

Bleacher Report - Birmingham vs Kent State

The Athletic (Mandel) - Birmingham vs Boise
When will our bowl be announced almost every bowl is announced

They have to be sure

1. Cincinnati finishes above Coastal
2. They do not BOTH get NY6 spots (remember they were on the cusp at 12)

On this list, only Army or Boise only interest me. TU is not going to get a P6 with a 500 or better record. The P6 don't want to lose to the American no. 2. ARESCO screwed us by matching up BYU and UCF before we played. And, we knew he and the league would be rooting for Cinncinatti to get the Peach. My only consolation from last night, other than the great effort from the TU defense, is that the league is getting NY6 money.

It might have been a situation of locking up BYU as an opponent for AAC....or losing BYU to another bowl not involving an AAC team.

For Tulsa, it would be nice to play a ranked team.

If it's the military I would like to see Coastal not Louisiana (who we also have series coming up with I believe).

If it's in Texas a Louisiana game would be good.

Otherwise a .500 or better p5

After that I don't care, Army or Boise aren't bad just not as much juice this year. A p5 win is needed we haven't had one as AAC members.

Mostly I hope the kids go and have a good time, even though it won't be the sort of party it usually is for bowls.

Reactions: quincy101
McMurphy now predicting Independence Bowl to be cancelled. New projection is Birmingham Bowl vs Liberty.

Tulsa #24 in CFP poll

Last one so we will finish ranked in it.

Liberty, Coastal, Army, Louisiana all good match ups that with wins will keep us ranked in the final AP and coaches, that's a measuring stick used for programs. Doing so will help the program overall.

That's also why I don't want a losing record p5 team despite needing that kind of credibility it is likely to get lost in the shuffle if things get wild.

Gee I hope TU says no thanks to playing
then fighting Falwells

Which means Army, total sh*t show or a nice P5 match up.

TCU listed in Texas Bowl v to be named on ESPN

According to CBS sports Army is already set to play in the Independence bowl

Apparently Maryland dropping out put the kibosh on the Military (army and navy probably don't want the Knights playing there).

So it looks like Army, but the issue is where. Birmingham better than Shreveport? Army getting beat three times handily by AAC teams in an otherwise pretty solid year will also probably end pipe dreams of Navy being our twelfth football. They want to win and despite handling most everybody else well this year the AAC teams have had their way.

Boise begs off. Pretty sure they are losing their coach to Arizona. No more Boise to the AAC that program is toast after a steady decline the last ten or so years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT