ADVERTISEMENT

Week 16 Bowl Projections

Are we about to be left out of a bowl?

****ing AAC should have been way more on top of this.

Still an opening available in the Armed Forces bowl. PAC won’t have a team for it. They may take a look at Army though.

Did we decline a bowl that we just dont know about?

It's because people are dropping out. So that means not enough teams for bowls. Tulsa is getting a bit of the shaft because of the way the season played out, when the bowls are, and what our chances were depending on championship game out come.

Brett McMurphy
@Brett_McMurphy
·
2m
There will be 4 bowl cancelations, sources told
@Stadium
. Military, Guaranteed Rate & Independence bowls are first three w/final bowl cancelation either Armed Forces or Birmingham Bowl, sources said

Reactions: loca2874
I would drive down for Armed Forces versus Army. Would not go to Birmingham.

Our league should kick one of the contracted teams out if there are no slots.

Our league should kick one of the contacted teams out if there are no slots.
They better do something this will literally be a national embarrassment or we are going to have to say we decided to opt out to save everyone some face.

McMurphy has been saying all day that 58 teams accepted potential bowl invites. Now that Boise is out there is an uneven number available. Who gets left out?

They better do something this will literally be a national embarrassment or we are going to have to say we decided to opt out to save everyone some face.
The embarrassment is not ours. It is the conference's and bowl system's. We should in no way try to "save face" because there is no need.

Reactions: TU Pilot
McMurphy has been saying all day that 58 teams accepted potential bowl invites. Now that Boise is out there is an uneven number available. Who gets left out?

It appears like it is us. I haven't heard a single mention in the twitter or social media about Tulsa.

The embarrassment is not ours. It is the conference's and bowl system's. We should in no way try to "save face" because there is no need.

Really?

You don't think people will say Tulsa even as a conference runner up is looked at so poorly we couldn't get a bowl?

That our conference considers us such a useless member they didn't bother to line up a bowl game for us?

Cause that is what I will expect to hear and be told to our recruits.

I would bet that - truly - if it comes to that we really would have turned down a bid. There is probably a 5-5 sunbelt team or 3 - 3 MAC team they called and said "want to play Tulsa" and we rightfully would have said No Way.

Well this year went from bad to terrible in a heartbeat. Thought for sure I'd at least get a chance to watch the team one more time

I'm still thinking if we arent playing in a bowl, being the runner up and 24 in the nation, we more then likely declined one

Well if my wild speculation turns out to be correct and we miss a bowl. I am saying Boise backed out because their ego couldn't take losing to Tulsa and SJSU in the same decade, much less the same season.

It appears like it is us. I haven't heard a single mention in the twitter or social media about Tulsa.

Army is also worried that they’ll be left out. Still waiting for the SEC to make their assignments to see what’s left.

Army is also worried that they’ll be left out. Still waiting for the SEC to make their assignments to see what’s left.

NCAA gave special permission to schedule regular games because of the bowl games being so up in the air and having to move games.

Let's go ahead and make a trip up to NY.

Or they can come down here, do they still owe us a game after the last series? I know we have the new one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT