ADVERTISEMENT

Week 16 Bowl Projections

Well a ton of sub 500 teams mostly SEC are in bowls
ESPN still showing Army in the Independence without an opponent
Did the Knights get left out? That would be a shame

Yes they are. The PAC pulled out of games because it's quite obvious they may go winless. That was the original opponent for the Independence.

Because of how other bowls are contracted to conferences and the number of teams who didn't like their match up and dropped out shutting down bowls Army was left out.

I have my fingers crossed a certain soon to be leaving elected official will pick this up and chaos will ensue, leading to a real play off of 16 by law.

I can’t tell if it’s sorted out or not, but it looks like the music stopped and Army doesn’t have a partner.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
Why are they letting a 3-7 team play in a bowl? This is just disrespectful and disappointing

They aren't "letting" the contracts are written in such a way that they have to be filled unless their is a team who isn't bowl eligible. So that tenth and eleventh spot never filled by the Big and SEC is because they aren't bowl eligible.

Everyone is bowl eligible. The g5 have so few spots and with cancellations they aren't giving up theirs. The bowls won't not take their one chance to have a p5 team.

CFB is badly broken. So badly that honestly I want congress to get involved just because they can't make it worse and for once at least the people in control of making the decisions won't be the same five mover and shakers in the p5 conferences and ESPN.

Surprising and upsetting. Maybe a silver lining will be Army joining the AAC to have
conference protection. TU was likely the last team in. Sad and disgusting

Surprising and upsetting. Maybe a silver lining will be Army joining the AAC to have
conference protection. TU was likely the last team in. Sad and disgusting

Might be some truth to Boise ducking out. Apparently they were only interested in a p5 match up. Not sure if its finacial (better bowl pay outs) or pride.

A lot of bowls expected USC and Boise to go some where and that may have caused some of the scrambling.

A lot of snobbery was about from the way reporters are quoting sources about how match ups and bowls getting cancelled worked.

Tulsa gets Military bowl which is then cancelled.
Four bowls cancelled.

The HAVES make the rules.
It's utter and complete BS.

Wish Tulsa says... no thanks. Let's host Army or go there... that would be punk rock!

How the eff do we get matched up with a god awful SEC team?

This is ludicrous and disappointing for the players. Had one of the best seasons in a very very long time, to be capped off with this stinker of a bowl game? BS

How the eff do we get matched up with a god awful SEC team?

This is ludicrous and disappointing for the players. Had one of the best seasons in a very very long time, to be capped off with this stinker of a bowl game? BS
When was the last time Tulsa beat an SEC team?

Here is a legit opportunity.

I agree Army more deserving.

It really is absurd they aren’t in the Armed Forces Bowl. They never should have allowed those early bids.

Army accepted its independence bid when it got to 6-1 in like October, it might have been before the PAC ever played a game.

USC and others backing out set this up, but Army was far too confident the Independence wouldn't get cancelled which I would have thought as well.

It's the system and covid which pushed championship games into Bowl season. SMU should have played UTSA in the Frisco bowl yesterday, UCF and BYU play Tuesday. It's also why we got stuck scrambling.

Who had they finally decide we would play...before they decided we wouldn't play anyone.

We beat some bowl teams.

ESPN is reporting that Tennessee has dropped out of the Liberty Bowl. One option is to bump Miss State up to that game and put Army against us.

Feels like they should move Army to the LB since TU and Miss St have likely begun creating gameplans for each other.

Again bowl contracts may come into play, preventing what seems the most obvious, for miss st the Liberty bowl is later so for them it is not much of a loss.

Army is ready to go regardless in the same situation.

WV is the same situation no matter what.

The liberty bowl is promised big 12 vs SEC.

Big 12 and SEC are promised each other. Plus the money difference between bowls.

Would suck for Tulsa.

I wonder taking all that into account how it might work out?

Reactions: loca2874
Feels like they should move Army to the LB since TU and Miss St have likely begun creating gameplans for each other.
I think they see what a public relations nightmare they’ve got and are looking for anyway to get them out of it and Army into that bowl. This season is so disorganized and confounding. Let’s play the game and get it over.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Personally, if I’m Rick, I’m calling the SEC and telling them to keep MSU where they are at and we’d be happy to go to Shreveport and beat West Virginia for them.

watching this thrashing going on in myrtle beach and the ticker just said that there is a discussion about moving Mississippi state to the Liberty bowl and sending army to play Tulsa in the armed forces

Personally, if I’m Rick, I’m calling the SEC and telling them to keep MSU where they are at and we’d be happy to go to Shreveport and beat West Virginia for them.

WV is in the Liberty, but we do have a back up contract with them. Lol I am all for that move. Army gets ft worth and an sec team Tulsa gets an ok WV team we also match up well with and New Years. We have always done well in the Liberty.

Reactions: drboobay
This would have been the perfect year to have a 32 team playoff.

16 every conference champ in, auto bid to any indy top 12. Only auto bids can host first round game. Committee seeds and makes match ups, fills available at larges.

No Rose so quarters at two NY6, Semis at two NY6, national title game at the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT