USA Today - Frisco Bowl vs Wyoming

Action Sports (McMurphy) - Frisco Bowl vs North Texas

Yahoo Sports - Frisco Bowl vs Boise State

Pro Football Network.com - Hawaii Bowl vs Wyoming

Sports Illustrated - none

College Sports Madness - Cure Bowl vs UTEP

DRatings.com - Birmingham Bowl vs South Carolina

Saturday Down South - 1st Responder Bowl vs Missouri

Tulsa vs North Texas in the brand new “unnamed bowl” in Frisco. A second bowl game has been added in Frisco.

I’ll go to that game if it’s in Frisco.

McMurrphy is now reporting that the new bowl will also be in Frisco.

He has Air Force/Missouri in the original Frisco Bowl and has moved Tulsa/North Texas to the new Frisco Bowl, date tba.

And Todd Graham gets a $10k bonus for making a bowl game.
Todd Graham should split his bonus with the NCAA committee and ESPN for creating a bowl so he could get his bonus with a losing team. That’s quite a feat.

The answer apparently is play more games so that you can win 6 of them. Wait until they increase the number to 7 games next year.

Todd Graham should split his bonus with the NCAA committee and ESPN for creating a bowl so he could get his bonus with a losing team. That’s quite a feat.

The answer apparently is play more games so that you can win 6 of them. Wait until they increase the number to 7 games next year.
We lost to a team with a losing record in a bowl last season that still had a losing record after defeating us. Now that’s special…

I thought the bowls preferred regional matchups in order to sell a few more tickets. Is that not the case?
That’s largely irrelevant for the minor bowls. Sure the City of Memphis doesn’t mind if you are Mississippi State and bringing 25,000 day visitors. ESPN makes millions off the bowl. If they sell one ticket it’s pure profit. They’d like people there because it enhances production value and tends to hold in casual TV viewers but they could care less about the money.

But your local yokels in regional cities with minor bowls would rather have 3,000 people fly in from North Carolina or wherever, pay the airport taxes, the hotel taxes for two or three nights, eat 8 to 10 meals out, shut down 2 bars and take the kids to the local attraction, before they want 6,000 people locally and from Tulsa driving in and driving out having only bought a ticket and maybe a meal. It doesn’t help when SMU wins 9 games and has to play in Mobile or whereever and recruits they are trying to beat us out to sign (which ain’t lately) are watching TU play inside SMU’s stadium. That tends to lead to very tense conversations the league office thinks is best avoided.

And even the big bowls are not immune to that thinking. It’s pretty common knowledge that the SEC, the City of Atlanta and the higher end hotels in ATL prefer a 1 loss Alabama to fail to make it to the SEC Championship game but still make the playoff. Alabama fans are notorious for skipping that game or simply driving over and back, because they know they are going to drop $10 to $20K taking the kids to two playoff games a few weeks later. So the City wants Auburn or LSU ready to show up to Atlanta to party for two days or more and flex over beating Alabama a few weeks before.

Same is true with where UK is placed in the basketball tournament when they aren’t a #1 or 2 seed. The fans tend to skip and save money for the Sweet 16 on and they come in effing droves, most without tickets.

Last edited:
Updated CBS and CFN projections.
Thanks. They are off base based on what I’ve heard. More than likely Myrtle Beach. Frisco possible but much less likely. We aren’t in the mix for the Last Chance Bowl. That was created by request of the lower 3 G-5 conferences. I’ll be surprised if it’s anything other than Myrtle Beach. But this stuff can change in an instant and I’ve been wrong before.

Thanks. They are off base based on what I’ve heard. More than likely Myrtle Beach. Frisco possible but much less likely. We aren’t in the mix for the Last Chance Bowl. That was created by request of the lower 3 G-5 conferences. I’ll be surprised if it’s anything other than Myrtle Beach. But this stuff can change in an instant and I’ve been wrong before.
That is really unfortunate because it is 230 on a Monday. I will probably take the afternoon off to watch but certainly it will depress the audience numbers. But we ARE 6 and 6 so I guess it makes sense.

Might be an interesting destination for the players though. I have never been to SC though went to Savannah GA once.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
That is really unfortunate because it is 230 on a Monday. I will probably take the afternoon off to watch but certainly it will depress the audience numbers. But we ARE 6 and 6 so I guess it makes sense.

Might be an interesting destination for the players though. I have never been to SC though went to Savannah GA once.
The seniors and juniors on the Miami trip had the time of their lives after starting their careers with the frustrations at the end of the BB era. I’ve never seen kids and their parents so happy at a bowl game.

Myrtle Beach has really went downhill , was there a few years ago and it just didn’t seem like a really clean place. The locals around there said crime has kind of taken over that place

Myrtle Beach has really went downhill , was there a few years ago and it just didn’t seem like a really clean place. The locals around there said crime has kind of taken over that place
The Coastal Carolina campus is in a weird remote area and I didn’t consider it well maintained or attractive. Very community college commuterish. The nicest building on campus was the stadium by a wide margin.

Reactions: TULSARISING
The Coastal Carolina campus is in a weird remote area and I didn’t consider it well maintained or attractive. Very community college commuterish. The nicest building on campus was the stadium by a wide margin.
So if we went there to play CC it’s basically a home game for them?

Reactions: loca2874

Mr. Huffy - is 1st Responder still on the table or is it likely out too. I’d like to watch senior piccolo perform one last time, but we were in Myrtle just a few weeks ago and probably won’t go back so soon.

It’s interesting that the Myrtle Beach Bowl website only lists SBC, MAC and CUSA as their bowl partners.

Reactions: drboobay
Mr. Huffy - is 1st Responder still on the table or is it likely out too. I’d like to watch senior piccolo perform one last time, but we were in Myrtle just a few weeks ago and probably won’t go back so soon.

It’s interesting that the Myrtle Beach Bowl website only lists SBC, MAC and CUSA as their bowl partners.
Is the fingering for a piccolo and flute the same, so if you know how to play piccolo you can play flute, just an octave higher? Or are they similar but different like violin and viola?

Is the fingering for a piccolo and flute the same, so if you know how to play piccolo you can play flute, just an octave higher? Or are they similar but different like violin and viola?
Huhuhu he said "fingering."

Yes, but there are some adjustments that must be made. Fingerings (LOL) are the same, though the piccolo has a couple less keys. The biggest challenges are the slight variation in embochure, spacing of the keys, and air stream.

Hearing Myrtle Beach is out. The new bowl caused some movement.

The thing with North Texas might have some legs.

Hearing Myrtle Beach is out. The new bowl caused some movement.

The thing with North Texas might have some legs.
Let’s go to the Hawaii bowl. It would be like playing in a smaller venue than Chapman and the weather might be just like it is in Tulsa this time of year.

Wintry Hawaii

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT