ADVERTISEMENT

Week 12 Poll and discussion thread Tulsa 25 Ap

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
Cincy 7 Osu 14 Ou 17 Tulsa 26 Smu 28 in Coaches Poll Tulsa up from 37 in that poll last week still waiting for Ap poll

Last edited:
We may not still get in, though I think we enter at #25 in both. We didn’t see many upsets this week and we haven’t looked impressive the last two games. We still need some help: beating Cincy twice doesn’t mean we overtake sentimental or sexy picks like Marshall and Coastal. It just means to some voters that Cincy was overrated.

Reactions: Sbellini
Cincy 7 Osu 14 Ou 17 Tulsa 26 Smu 28 in Coaches Poll Tulsa up from 37 in that poll last week still waiting for Ap poll
Got the respect from coaches not that we won close but that we held them to nothing the whole second half. Nice jump in the coaches. Curious to see what the press says.

26 ain't bad in the Coaches poll since we had to come from so far back. Mildy irritated that two got in though, and not us. We should've got in over Louisiana.

We better get in the AP, I'll be hacked as hell if we're 26 in both polls.

We may not still get in, though I think we enter at #25 in both. We didn’t see many upsets this week and we haven’t looked impressive the last two games. We still need some help: beating Cincy twice doesn’t mean we overtake sentimental or sexy picks like Marshall and Coastal. It just means to some voters that Cincy was overrated.
Coastal has App St next week, and Liberty in a couple of weeks. So there's hope we can pass them up, and hope Liberty doesn't become the sexy pick. Marshall is another story. Hopefullly they get upset by UAB in the championship, and/or us defeating Cincy jacks us over Marshall as the other sexy pick. Lot's of football to be played yet.

Reactions: HuffyCane
26 ain't bad in the Coaches poll since we had to come from so far back. Mildy irritated that two got in though, and not us. We should've got in over Louisiana.

We better get in the AP, I'll be hacked as hell if we're 26 in both polls.
That would suck after climbing in the polls each week then to be leap frogged by every team That upset someone in the top 25 leaving us our only chance beating Cincy and if not never ranked this year with our best team in years

Slow start or not, we need to find a way to DOMINATE Tulane and/or Houston to move us up in the polls before we face Cincy.

That would suck after climbing in the polls each week then to be leap frogged by every team That upset someone in the top 25 leaving us our only chance beating Cincy and if not never ranked this year with our best team in years
That would not happen. We beat Tulane next week, and we'll be in both polls, no matter how the AP comes out today.

Ranked? No way. Big Zit said we are turrible. How is this possible?

Here's how it needs to happen. We take Tulane to the cleaners. App St convincingly pulls off an upset of Coastal Carolina, letting CC drop below us and we go higher than App St does when entering the poll. I realize them(CC) falling, and us rising enough is a hard way to make up the 10 spots in between us, but it could happen. Then we beat Cincy in the last game, and Marshall loses to UAB in the Championship. Then we're the sexy pick, and finally raise enough, cincy fall enough, that we are ranked #13 or something, and Cincy falls to #14 or something. We'd be set for the championship game. We beat Cincy twice, get up to #8, and get in the Sugar Bowl.

We can dream!

There are 3 teams that don’t belong in the top 25 - Coastal Carolina, Marshall and Liberty.

Possible losses this week.

#21 Liberty v @NC St
#20 USC v @Utah
#19 Northwestern v Wisconsin
#18 OU v OSU
#17 Iowa St v KSU
#15(T) Coastal Carolina v App St.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
There are 3 teams that don’t belong in the top 25 - Coastal Carolina, Marshall and Liberty.
Actually all three are pretty good. The Liberty QB is very good and they have a win over Va Tech., it will be interesting to see how they do at NCSU. CCU has wins over KU and Louisiana (same team that beat ISU in Ames). I don’t think Marshall has a ”P5” win but they looked pretty good in the games I watched.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
Are you a little bit nervous we will have a target on our back now and might get over confident since we are the hunted not the hunter.

#21 Liberty v @NC St
#20 USC v @Utah
#18 OU v OSU
#17 Iowa St v KSU
Left out UNC from coaches poll.

#24 NC v Notre Dame

Are you a little bit nervous we will have a target on our back now and might get over confident since we are the hunted not the hunter.
I sure hope not. But you never know how a team that's not used to being ranked will react. Hopefully it just makes them hungrier and realize they could have a very special season if they stay focused. Cut the dumb penalties, and have the offense start the game in the 1st quarter instead of end of the 2nd

Is it true that Zaven Collins is a pre med student?

Hopefully, that means he stays another year and doesn't run off to the nfl.

Speaking of NFL I think he could do well on defense but the more I look at his size, speed, and his hands... Do you think he might be switched to TE and be a Rob Gronk type?

Speaking of NFL I think he could do well on defense but the more I look at his size, speed, and his hands... Do you think he might be switched to TE and be a Rob Gronk type?
Zaven goes to the NFL and plays whatever position he feels like that given Sunday.

#21 Liberty v @NC St
#20 USC v @Utah
#18 OU v OSU
#17 Iowa St v KSU
Nc State 45 - Liberty 35
Utah 38 - Usc 34
Wisconsin 31 - Nw 28
Osu 45 - Oklahoma 34
Kansas State 37 - Iowa State 34
App State 38 - Coastal Carolina 28

Nice to see TU in the Top 25 ... always good to see the AAC in the polls ,,, but you will knock SMU out ...
If they beat Houston and whip up on ECU, they got a chance to get back in. They only fell to 27th and 28th. There's a decent possibility of 6 or 7 teams falling from 15--21 in the polls. A convincing win over Houston, and at least 3 or 4 of those teams losing, and they could jump back in this week.

This is incorrect. If you have watched Coastal Carolina Or Liberty play this season, you would know Coastal a Carolina is just solid with some really good players on offense. Liberty has athletes all over the place. They beat VaTech last weekend in a shootout. While NC state might beat them, it’s far from a given.
Ow Marshall gets the benefit of playing an an absolutely terrible conference. The Sun Belt has 3-4 good teams at the top and may be awful 5-12, but CUSA is bad top to bottom and Marshall is the best mediocre team.

if we win out, we deserve the G5 NY6 bid. Our schedule is a gauntlet compared to the others.

This is incorrect. If you have watched Coastal Carolina Or Liberty play this season, you would know Coastal a Carolina is just solid with some really good players on offense. Liberty has athletes all over the place. They beat VaTech last weekend in a shootout. While NC state might beat them, it’s far from a given.
Ow Marshall gets the benefit of playing an an absolutely terrible conference. The Sun Belt has 3-4 good teams at the top and may be awful 5-12, but CUSA is bad top to bottom and Marshall is the best mediocre team.

if we win out, we deserve the G5 NY6 bid. Our schedule is a gauntlet compared to the others.
I always take victories over the Virginia / NC schools with a grain of salt considering how often ECU has beat up on them. Those are the weakest AAC programs by far.

Surprised the first line favors TU only by 4.5

If Zaven is a first round pick he’s off to the big payday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT