Athlon: no report

Fox Sports/Mandel: no report
Pleasr no MAC teams- they're not good enough

boring
Orlando and Bahamas maybe if there is $$ for a vacation
our league has set up matches that cater to the teams east of the Missisippi
nothing in Texas

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
ESPN projects us in the Bahamas Bowl versus either WKU or ODU.

Ole Miss maybe, but the rest of those opponents are just horrible names. Horrible

I wonder if Navy were to win the conference whether or not we'd sneak into the armed forces bowl?

I wonder if Navy were to win the conference whether or not we'd sneak into the armed forces bowl?
That'd be nice. We need Wyoming to win out though to keep Boise St out of the MWC championship and then for WMU to lose 1 (which I think will happen).

As was seen last year with the Independence Bowl there will be a lot of wheeling and dealing, especially if they have to dip into the 5-7 pool to fill spots. Just win the next two and 9-3 with an exciting offense might get a good destination and/or opponent.

The Boca Raton bowl is sponsored by Marmot. Can someone post a picture of the fuzzy critter?

Let us beat the sh1t out of W. Michigan.

Someone should be trying to rig a TU/OU or TU/OSU matchup, whichever one is not a NY6 team.

Did anyone see Trent Martin's tweet in response to the Peters/Radosevich nonsense? Tweeted that the team feels they are the best team in the state of Oklahoma and they truly believe that. Save for a couple do botched officiating calls they could have he record to back that up.

Added Athlon, Sports Illustrated and Fox Sports projections. Those are some dandy matchups.

Added ESPN & Bleacher Report.

Charlotte plays football?
Yes. They did the same thing as ODU when they joined C-USA...except they added a football team from scratch and layed FCS for a couple of years and I believe this is their 3rd full year of FBS football.

Yes. They did the same thing as ODU when they joined C-USA...except they added a football team from scratch and layed FCS for a couple of years and I believe this is their 3rd full year of FBS football.

Is that the same Charlotte where "Cornbread" Maxwell went to school? He was a good one.

Is that the same Charlotte where "Cornbread" Maxwell went to school? He was a good one.
Traditionally known as UNC-Charlotte, the 49ers. I always knew them as a pretty good basketball program, especially when they were part of the Great American Conference (remember the 3 division, Red, White, and Blue?). Memphis, Cincinnati, DePaul were all part of that group.

Traditionally known as UNC-Charlotte, the 49ers. I always knew them as a pretty good basketball program, especially when they were part of the Great American Conference (remember the 3 division, Red, White, and Blue?). Memphis, Cincinnati, DePaul were all part of that group.

I think you're actually thinking of the CUSA in its earliest form.

I think you're actually thinking of the CUSA in its earliest form.
OK...the Great American preceded C-USA and was a basketball only conference. I know it eventually led to C-USA which included football. I thought the red white and blue divisions were part of the GA but I could be mistaken as to when those division names were implemented.

The predecessor to CUSA was actually called the Great Midwest Conference. Great American is where schools like Southeastern State compete.

Shameless plug: The Great American Conference plays their basketball tournament in Bartlesville. Its a fun event for those in the area who went check out some pretty competitive basketball in March.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Living in Bartlesville, ive been able to attend that event, there are some very fun and competitive games. Definitely recommend it if you get the chance

Reactions: Barlass
Shameless plug: The Great American Conference plays their basketball tournament in Bartlesville. Its a fun event for those in the area who went check out some pretty competitive basketball in March.

The only time I ever had to get on to a PA announcer was in Bartlesville. The guy tried to read an ad while the visitors were shooting free throws. He didn't try it again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT