Bleacher Report: Bahamas Bowl vs North Texas

Sports Illustrated: Miami Beach Bowl v Central Michigan

College Sports Madness: Cure Bowl vs. GA Southern

Sporting News: Boca Raton Bowl vs Colorado State

USA Today: Birmngham Bowl vs South Carolina

Athlon: Boca Raton Bowl vs Middle Tn

Fox Sports/Mandel: Miami Beach Bowl vs Ohio

Last edited:
Wow that is one horrible bunch of potential matchups. I really have trouble believing these projections.

Ole miss could be good.

They are going to have a problem filling all the bowl spots. I counted a shortfall of about 8.

This is due in part to a number of G5 schools beating P5 schools who were counting on the cupcake count to get bowl eligible. South Alabama beat up a couple of P5s and that will hurt.

Ole miss could be good.

They are going to have a problem filling all the bowl spots. I counted a shortfall of about 8.

Ole' Miss may not make it. They're 4-5 with games against A&M, Vandy and Miss State.

There's a process in place to rank all 5-7 teams in the event that not enough teams win 6 games. Three 5-7 teams went to bowls last season. All of them won.

hard to get excited about any of these matchups, including Ole Miss, because Birmingham is not a "destination"

Help me out here: Isn't there a path for TU to make the Military Bowl or the St. Pete Bowl, both of which are versus an ACC team or Notre Dame? If we get past Navy(which won't be easy),UCF & Cincy, we play for a conference championship. Win or lose the Conf., shouldn't that qualify us for one of these? Bla,Babe or somebody,splain it to me, please.

No official AAC pecking order so anything is possible except for the Navy commitment to Ft Worth.

Added Gridiron Now, Heavy and USA Today.

According to the conference website, "The American will work with its member schools and bowl partners to create the most sensible and attractive match ups".

You would think the AAC wants its best teams playing a P5 team with a good chance to knock them off.

Honestly, let's run the table and play the winner of Bedlam in the Cotton Bowl

You would think the AAC wants its best teams playing a P5 team with a good chance to knock them off.

Honestly, let's run the table and play the winner of Bedlam in the Cotton Bowl
Sugar Bowl gets Big 12 champion (possibly the winner of bedlam if both win out). But we could get the loser in Cotton.

Sugar Bowl gets Big 12 champion (possibly the winner of bedlam if both win out). But we could get the loser in Cotton.
They're not both going this year. B1G and ACC will each get at least 2 in the NY6/playoffs, Big XII is lucky they are locked in to a NY6 because this would be a year where they don't have a team that actually deserves to be in a game that big.

NBC sports just released their updated bowl predictions and they have us in Dallas at the armed forces bowl against army

Oh that's going to suck, If we went there I wish it was against Air Force. That game wouldn't even be competitive for a first half.

Versus OSU in the Cotton Bowl would be one for the ages ...

Can the NY6 bowls take an extra G5 if they wanted or are the obligated to suck up to the P5s outside of the obligatory G5 spot? Seriously, if they want a good game Houston would easily give them one. They obliterated 2 top 5 teams (when they played) and one of those 2 is probably back-dooring its way into the playoff (literally and figuratively).

Western Michigan or Boise would not finish top three in the West division of the AAC. Of course, neither would OU or OSU and that was proven by OU getting destroyed by Houston. Apparently no one remembers that or the Central Michigan game.

Western Michigan or Boise would not finish top three in the West division of the AAC. Of course, neither would OU or OSU and that was proven by OU getting destroyed by Houston. Apparently no one remembers that or the Central Michigan game.
Oh, Mullet Gumby remembers the Central Michigan game but everyone has chosen to ignore it. Gumby keeps said it feels great to be 10-1 after beating TCU last week. We all know the refs screwed things up, but it's done and over. If the CFP committee gives them a pass or takes that into consideration then why shouldn't the bowl games look at us since we were screwed as well. Fact is the refs screwed the pooch and gave Central Michigan an extra opportunity which they took. Maybe people should question why that game was so close in the first place. Central Michigan is 3-4 in the MAC West and going into a showdown vs Western Michigan this weekend.

Maybe people should just call out the Big XII in general because that entire conference is pretty bad. Outside of OU and OSU I'm not sure any team in that conference would finish higher than 4th in the AAC West. Right now I think USF would handle OSU easily, and give OU fits because Mike Stoops still hasn't figured out how to stop a true dual threat QB and Flowers is one of the best in the country.

Under what scenerio are you guys seeing us in the Cotton?
I am not...it was something I speculated and hoped would happen before we played Navy. It is clear the AAC champion is more deserving and more capable of winning a NY6 bowl than an undefeated Western Michigan.

The only scenario where I see it happening is if Nixon and Ford both come back from the grave and both say that's the game they want to watch in the Oval Office with Putin. And then only if Vegas and whoever owns the refs goes along with it.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It's more possible that TU lands in the actual Cotton Bowl in the Heart of Dallas game, but I think the only local possibilities are Armed Forces in Ft. Worth or a return to the Independence Bowl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT