ADVERTISEMENT

USF Game Thread

Prime example of why you dont go for 2 until its absolutely necessary. I know 75% of other coaches would as well, but it was definitely too early in my opinion

Monty lucked himself into another W.
The defense bailed out his horrific 2 point conversion calling today.

I never pull for a TU loss in any sport. I just can’t stand insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (KO and punt coverage, penalties, poor game mgt, lack of discipline, etc…)
Unfortunately, we have several here that actively pull for a loss each week. The good news is we won’t hear from that bunch at all over the next two weeks so maybe we can get in a little football conversation.

If not, I guess someone can start a baseball thread again.

Prime example of why you dont go for 2 until its absolutely necessary. I know 75% of other coaches would as well, but it was definitely too early in my opinion
4th quarter down 11, definitely have to go for 2 there. You don't know how many more opportunities you will get. That was one of the sound decisions Monty made today.
I don't condone going for 2 until the 4Q and the score dictates it.

Now if we want to talk about play calling...let's please discuss the 3rd and short calls. It's the same damn play every time and it never goes anywhere. I will give credit though on the 4th and short and going PA with the same running look. Opened a bunch of space up for Johnson. Not sure why Brin floated a Jim adorn at 40 weak pass out there though.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I never pull for a TU loss in any sport. I just can’t stand insanity- doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (KO and punt coverage, penalties, poor game mgt, lack of discipline, etc…)
Somehow we out-talented them this week somehow despite the chaos.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TU83
We don’t enjoy the community support or the state school money that UAB does, and those are the only reasons that program is back after the corrupt halting of the program.
No way we would come back from that. None!

You folks need to be careful what you wish for… some of you may not realize how close a decision like that came to happening.
I have never understood the reasoning behind shutting the football program down. The good thing for TU is that once we get a good coaching staff in, it usually does not take long to rebuild us to a good program. Where TU screwed up was by offering a 5 year extension to someone who won with Bill Blankenship’s players and had not proven he could win with his own yet.

Reactions: Okietch51
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT