ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN game thread

Everything you say is a cop out. Go back to your dungeons and dragons forum.
I'm proposing solutions, you are the cop out defending a bad coach. Looking forward to next year. Maybe he gets to .500. Doubt it, but if he doesn't hopefully he's gone. Next week, can't wait for the game plan to run on first, 2nd and 3rd down. Gonna be exciting TU football.

I'm proposing solutions, you are the cop out defending a bad coach. Looking forward to next year. Maybe he gets to .500. Doubt it, but if he doesn't hopefully he's gone. Next week, can't wait for the game plan to run on first, 2nd and 3rd down. Gonna be exciting TU football.

Dude you called for graham to be fired during his 5-7 season. That’s your answer to everything... a few bad games and it’s “fire him now!” Most of what you say makes little to no sense and besides that, it’s pretty annoying to almost everyone here. You’d probably have better luck yelling at a tree than have anyone agree with you.

Further... not saying that you had any credibility to start with, but you lost any shred you had left by advocating that our players transfer from the program simply because you don’t approve of the coach.

You’re a band wagon fan and a bad one at that. Go cheer for Alabama... I think they may be the only team to live up to your expectations.

I saw where Plagg was injured also, and Muhammed had to start. I'm wondering how much of an effect that had on the offense.

Dude you called for graham to be fired during his 5-7 season. That’s your answer to everything... a few bad games and it’s “fire him now!” Most of what you say makes little to no sense and besides that, it’s pretty annoying to almost everyone here. You’d probably have better luck yelling at a tree than have anyone agree with you.

Further... not saying that you had any credibility to start with, but you lost any shred you had left by advocating that our players transfer from the program simply because you don’t approve of the coach.

You’re a band wagon fan and a bad one at that. Go cheer for Alabama... I think they may be the only team to live up to your expectations.
I'm exactly the opposite of a bandwagon fan, lol. It's cool though. Go TU and Roll Tide. You guys keep patting Monty on the butt and tell him it's ok. I expect a wee bit more from some dude making $1+ mil/year. If he got like $200k and we were a D2 school, no problem.

Well...
You all can bicker all you want but the field product this year is utter garbage. Laughable football.
Monty is a great coach though, great motivator, prepares his team well, game plans well. I hope he stays for years and years to come.

I saw where Plagg was injured also, and Muhammed had to start. I'm wondering how much of an effect that had on the offense.
I missed that. In watching the replay of the game from last week, Plagg was hobbling pretty good at the end. Guess it caught up with him.
I can't say it really impacted us that much. A lot of our best runs were wide around the left side. Most of the pressure seemed to come from Skipper's right where he could see it coming.

I'm exactly the opposite of a bandwagon fan, lol. It's cool though. Go TU and Roll Tide. You guys keep patting Monty on the butt and tell him it's ok. I expect a wee bit more from some dude making $1+ mil/year. If he got like $200k and we were a D2 school, no problem.

We all want TU to be successful. No one here is happy about what we’re seeing this year. But it’s incredibly shortsighted to call for a coach’s head due to one bad season... even your friends at Alabama wouldn’t do that.

I’m betting you don’t have season tickets for any sports, don’t go to many games, don’t donate to the GHC, and know nothing more than surface level affairs with the university.

Now if you want to donate $6 million and talk the board into buying out Montgomery’s contract, by all means, put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, stop watching TU, stop posting here, and stop saying you’re a fan. Because you’re not, you’re an internet troll and a massive dbag parading around as a know it all sports guru.

Do us all a favor and GTFO.

Last edited:
The issue is at the qb. Neither of these guys can play the position. He has to go get someone that can contribute immediately or we will talking about this for years. Monty has to go get someone that can throw. Who cares about the read because we do not do that very well either. Go get a juco or grad transfer. If not, we will continue to be a horrible team.

Reactions: tulsabuck
The issue is at the qb. Neither of these guys can play the position. He has to go get someone that can contribute immediately or we will talking about this for years. Monty has to go get someone that can throw. Who cares about the read because we do not do that very well either. Go get a juco or grad transfer. If not, we will continue to be a horrible team.
I don't know if Skipper will continue as TU'S starting QB...time will tell. In Skipper's defense, Dane Evan's wasn't a difference maker until his junior and senior seasons. Dane wasn't looking off his receivers until his senior year and what a fantastic year . The last outstanding freshman QB we had....TJ Rubley.

Dane always had a great arm. Both of these qbs have high school arms. No comparison. We need a college level qb.

Reactions: tulsabuck
Dane always had a great arm. Both of these qbs have high school arms. No comparison. We need a college level qb.
If I knew I had a chance to play quarterback on the D1 level, I would be a maniac in the weight room building up leg, arm and shoulder strength. Pilates. yoga, ballet, meditation, " dancing with the stars " and nutrition on the side.

If I knew I had a chance to play quarterback on the D1 level, I would be a maniac in the weight room building up leg, arm and shoulder strength. Pilates. yoga, ballet, meditation, " dancing with the stars " and nutrition on the side.

I bet he'll get bigger over the summer. Although I'm not sure the size of a QBs bicep actually has much bearing on being a good passer. Marino, Elway, Montana, Manning, Moon, Flutie, they all had tiny arms and could throw the thing forever and like a bullet. Technique and delivery trump strength at that position seems like, although bulking up would likely make them more resilient to injury and help with yards after contact.

I think it is safe to say that every player on this team in a position to challenge for a starting position is doing everything they can in the off season to maximize their personal potential. At a certain point, the human body just decides not to develop further. Part of the art of recruiting, as opposed to the science of measurement, is forecasting who has the highest ceiling amongst the players the big boys don't want. I would give a few bucks to see how much the QBs and the WRs worked out together this past summer on passing and communication. Evans and Lucas worked tirelessly without oversight or prompting, which is prohibited during the summer. What we are seeing on the field implies that student leadership in summer workouts might have been lacking in the passing game. The loss of the bowl practices does not bode well.

STFU dude. Go away. I will say what everyone else on this board thinks about you. We are critical of what we see on the field but we still support our team and our school. No one is happy about what we’re seeing but we don’t actively root for things to get worse which everything you have suggested will make TU worse in the long run. I don’t know what TU did to you or if you were left with an a$$load of student loan debt, but please shut the hell up.

I'd be good with Chris hitting 06 with a perma-ban after that garbage.

Also, winning or losing, these game threads aren't even worth posting in anymore. There's no fun in it

With every school out there running it’s own form of “chuck n duck”, finding a college ready qb isn’t that easy. And if you do find one, keeping him in the fold is hard with all of the recruit poaching that goes on today.

Honestly, the best we can hope for is to get 3-4 qbs with physical potential and keep the gun loaded. But that requires players in a very competitive egocentric position to wait their turn, while still pushing themselves and the starters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT