ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN game thread

The play calling is dictated/limited by the QB’s ability/inability to make the correct decision and throw the ball at the correct time.

Skipper does not get through his progressions easily or quickly. Our WRs don’t exactly run the most precise or crisp routes to create space for him either. He may be able to throw the ball but if he is not recognizing the coverage and throwing to the right/open receiver, the offense as a whole is going to look disjointed.

Brooks still has like 70 yds rushing and yet UCONN can tee off on the run because our passing game is not scaring anyone.

Does Hefley get a shot to show his ability to throw the football?
Think you summed it up pretty good. This is looking like a loss for Tulsa. If Tulsa can't beat UCONN then they will have a very hard time beating anyone else in the conference this season. From the start of the game Tulsa has just looked lost on offense. Defense not much better.

Glad we beat out Northern Iowa for skipper. Lol.

Did we just run 5 times in a row? Fire Monty.

Same, predictable play calling on first and third and short. Even a clown like Edsall can see that.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Do we sneak President out to start the 2nd half and see how far downfield before we have to throw a hand grenade up for grabs?
Defense knows what this offense is going to do on most plays. No trickery, no hiding formations, ultra vanilla playcalling. Tulsa will get beat this game.

UCONN does not think we can throw the ball on 3rd down. They just had 8 in the box with 3 WRs in 1v1 coverage and Skipper didn’t check out to a pass on a slant or a hitch or something quick.

I have figured "it" out...
Monty will not press anything because he thinks Skipper can't handle mistakes. He'd rather lose by 10-20 vs 20-40.

This is bloody awful.

And the D gets torched on a trick play. Maybswitch over to the OSU/TX game now since that one looks like it might contain 2 college football teams versus this one that resembles Union vs Southmoore...and we’re not the team looking like Union

UCONN 's play caller is Rhett Lashlee. He is calling a great game for them. 17-0 UCONN.

Is President ‘banged up’ also? Haven’t seen him either.

This is boring. Brooks can't so everything. We need a passing game. I don't care who you have to put in to get that done. There has to be someone on the roster that can pass the ball

Reactions: TU 1978
Two runs in a row. Third and 8. Another run?

Sorry, Skipper isn’t the answer either. He doesn’t have the IQ to make a read. He holds the ball too long and is too quick to tuck the ball rather than try to keep a pass as an option by rolling and moving

Reactions: TUGrad06
I hate this team

Im ready for the season to be over

Skipper is a terrible qb. Monty needs to hire an oc. This program is a disaster right now
100% coaching, failing to prepare his team, useless play caller, little to no talent. Failure to motivate. Don't hate the team, hate the coach and his useless staff.

It's amazing that the talent we had last year won in spite of Monty and his staff.

I wish Lashlee would quit calling Gus’ trick plays. We don’t practice against them.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Boomer? Skipper's young, but you have to have some type of passing threat. Announcer said UCONN has the worst ranked pass defense in college football, and we have how many passing yards?

Might be time to look for a JC QB, We wanted Skipper and got him. The play calling is as bad or worse than Blankenship's when everyone was calling for his head. Down 17-0 and give up three plays in a row.

Might be time to look for a JC QB, We wanted Skipper and got him. The play calling is as bad or worse than Blankenship's when everyone was calling for his head. Down 17-0 and give up three plays in a row.
Agree. At least blank recruited some talent.

I know he's just a freshman but have not been impressed at all. The offense hasn't changed a bit which tells me he's not any better of a passer then president. The defense culd only hold on for so long. 3 points at half against any team is dang good. Can't blame them at all. Most teams are going to have rebuilding years, but you should always at least have a QB that can pass it, if you're running the spread. I couldn't care less about recruiting a dual threat guy. Just get someone that passes it

Shamari, for yourself and future, transfer to a good team with a good coach. You're too good to put up with monty.

Watch the play clock. When our plays break down, they are consistently being sent in late from the sideline. Scripted plays and standing huddle plays are consistently positive. We are guessing or intentionally making conservative play calls that lead to no gain or loss.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT