ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN game thread

100% coaching, failing to prepare his team, useless play caller, little to no talent. Failure to motivate. Don't hate the team, hate the coach and his useless staff.

It's amazing that the talent we had last year won in spite of Monty and his staff.
Tulsa had more talent last year.

Grad06, that's probably the worse post every on this board. Not sure why you are even on here. Monte will turn it around but changes are needed.

Don’t waste your time with him. He’s a know it all “fan” who spends all of his other time playing dungeons and dragons online until game days then he comes on here and acts like a giant ass. The dude probably hasn’t played sports since he was in middle school... if he even did that.

I’m sure he’ll have a fantastic comeback, but it’s not worth your time to anything he says seriously.

Our offensive line is pathetic today. What happened there?

Shamari, for yourself and future, transfer to a good team with a good coach. You're too good to put up with monty.
STFU dude. Go away. I will say what everyone else on this board thinks about you. We are critical of what we see on the field but we still support our team and our school. No one is happy about what we’re seeing but we don’t actively root for things to get worse which everything you have suggested will make TU worse in the long run. I don’t know what TU did to you or if you were left with an a$$load of student loan debt, but please shut the hell up.

Our offensive line is pathetic today. What happened there?
5 guys blocking 7 or 8. UCONN simply doesn’t think they need to help the DBs against our WRs and can overwhelm the OL. Plus Skipper is holding the ball too long. 3 seconds and the ball needs to be gone.

Plus the replay they just showed shows the 2 near side WRs took themselves out of the play. So we played 9 v 11 on that one.

Sorry...that is not on Monty and not in Skipper when those 2 guys don’t move.

And our DBs have gone back to not covering anyone

That kid has potential NFL in his future. Not with Monty though. What evidence have you seen to believe Monty can turn anything around? It took 5 games for him to realize Chad can't play QB. It'll take 5 more games to figure out he (Monty) sucks and can't recruit or Skipper can't play QB. 2 win season. Next year, more of the same. Run on first, 2nd, and 3rd, punt. Stay stubborn and refuse to make changes when they need to be made. Skipper should've been on the bench in the 2nd half, and I was a huge skipper fan. But he clearly can't do anything today, see if someone else can. Burn redshirts, see if you recruited ANY talent. The teams problem is 100% coaching, failure to motivate, failure to gameplan, failure to call good plays, failure to execute. We went from a top 30-40 team last year to a bottom 5 team this year. That is 100% unacceptable.

I was ecstatic last week, I thought MAYBE he actually coached them up and were turning the corner. I was wrong. I could care 100% less if i'm ignored 100% by you kool-aid drinkers. I still want this team to win the conference and break into the playoffs at some point during my life. Monty can't do it, clearly. Fire him, find a hyped, motivated guy and give him 3 years to see if he can recruit and coach.

Monty has been successful. This is a rebuilding year. Evans was about as automatic as you can get at QB in this system. Calling for his job at this point is absurd.
I'm glad you're willing to wait through next year to realize he's a bad coach.

Carter catches 2 in a row, & finally a TD!! 20-7 Now we need an onside kick recovery!

That kid has potential NFL in his future. Not with Monty though. What evidence have you seen to believe Monty can turn anything around? It took 5 games for him to realize Chad can't play QB. It'll take 5 more games to figure out he (Monty) sucks and can't recruit or Skipper can't play QB. 2 win season. Next year, more of the same. Run on first, 2nd, and 3rd, punt. Stay stubborn and refuse to make changes when they need to be made. Skipper should've been on the bench in the 2nd half, and I was a huge skipper fan. But he clearly can't do anything today, see if someone else can. Burn redshirts, see if you recruited ANY talent. The teams problem is 100% coaching, failure to motivate, failure to gameplan, failure to call good plays, failure to execute. We went from a top 30-40 team last year to a bottom 5 team this year. That is 100% unacceptable.

I was ecstatic last week, I thought MAYBE he actually coached them up and were turning the corner. I was wrong. I could care 100% less if i'm ignored 100% by you kool-aid drinkers. I still want this team to win the conference and break into the playoffs at some point during my life. Monty can't do it, clearly. Fire him, find a hyped, motivated guy and give him 3 years to see if he can recruit and coach.
Where is the money coming from for that?

Now the defense gets us the ball back real quick, we score and make it a ball game again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT