ADVERTISEMENT

UCF

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
about to lose to Furman. Is that a college or those weirdos who dress up in costumes?

Benched the starting QB. Played a bunch of other guys that kept turning the ball over. UCF had the ball with the chance to win 3 times and turned the ball over

OMG. You beat me to it. Knights lose 16-15 to an FCS school. Furman is a liberal arts school in South Carolina. I only know that because I met the Director of Bands from Furman who was also a well known music arranger for marching bands and drum and bugle corps. O'Leary has to be feeling some heat after this one.

I rewatched this game on Sunday. I am starting to think the players, or at least some of them, threw this game. Not for gambling reasons. They just don't care or want GOL out or something. A lot of people look like they quit. The OLine clearly didnt get the spark you normally get when the back up QB comes in for a struggling team.

I rewatched this game on Sunday. I am starting to think the players, or at least some of them, threw this game. Not for gambling reasons. They just don't care or want GOL out or something. A lot of people look like they quit. The OLine clearly didnt get the spark you normally get when the back up QB comes in for a struggling team.

The backup split time about equally the week before, so whatever bump they got from the switch was probably then. Now it's more platooning.

Playbook in Spanish?
giphy.gif

The backup split time about equally the week before, so whatever bump they got from the switch was probably then. Now it's more platooning.
Its easy to get confused by UCF's idiotic offense. The starter of Game 1 was Justin Holman, who got hurt against Stanford on the first drive. They sent in Bo Schneider who was marginally effective as an emergency QB2. He's a freshman. They tried Tyler Harris out towards the end of the game. GOL then decided to start Bo Schneider against Furman, but again sent in Tyler Harris. I was talking about how they moved the ball in the Wildcat with QB4/WR3, Nick Patti, against Furman. He's a local favorite and was largely responsible for building their lead. That's who I was talking about giving them a bump. He didnt. So they sent Harris back out there and got dog crap results. While the starter Schneider played catch on the sidelines during the fourth quarter, Harris played catch with Furman's DBs. UCF is so bad, you can't tell if the players are trolling GOL or if GOLs decisions are trolling the players. Its like Texas under Fred Akers.

Semi undergraduation 'leary said he was thinking bout retirement, guess he's made up his mind, by the product he's putting on the field.

They lose their starting QB against Stanford with a broken finger and now lose their top WR. They've lost a bunch to injury this season.

Shannon Green– ‏@osknights

GOL said initial prognosis for Jordan Akins is an ACL tear. He is out for the season.
10:01 AM - 21 Sep 2015
9 RETWEETS3 FAVORITES

Regardless of the number of injuries they've had, they should still beat Furman. They should be able to beat a team like Furman using nothing more than practice squad guys.

Last edited:
I don't remember all the player departure's, player injuries, player suspensions, going along with losing to fcs type low level teams, and seeing a football program decimated in 3 games.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
It may seem like it in retrospect, but as I said, I don't remember seeing it happen this way, this quick.

We did a pretty similar act in 2013

There were enough people on this board who predicted our downfall was coming because of the coach. UCF didn't. They knew there might be a small drop off because they lost some really talented players but not to the point of losing to FIU and an FCS school.

Hi . . . proud member of the Furman University Class of 2003 and TU Law Class of 2007. Furman is a great southern liberal arts university with a beautiful campus. Furman doesn't make a lot of noise sports wise but while I was there our men's soccer team was pretty badass with Clint Dempsey and Ricardo Clark (played in the World Cup). We also beat UNC-Chapel Hill by 30 in football while I was there. Ronald Curry was UNC's QB at the time and they got embarrassed on their home field. I think this is the first I-A win for Furman since then. I'm happy for Furman and the kids on the team but like everyone else said, UCF has no business losing to Furman in football, absolutely none.

Their offense imploded in the 2nd half. They had it in hand but kept turning the ball over.

Well, they are going to lose but looked better.

I was pulling for them to beat an SEC team. Wins by teams like Toledo and Northern Illinois are making other mid-major conferences look stronger than ours.

We got Houston(louisville) & Temple(Penn St.) Making us look respectable.

Houston looks for real. Up 42-7 over Texas St at half. They have 428 total yards.

So was James Madison a good school that I've never heard of outside of the basketball tourney? I figured SMU would smoke those guys.

JMU is probably only in their 2nd or 3rd year of FBS football. I looked at stats from the game and JMU rushed for over 400 yards and had 729 yes of total offense. They also turned the ball over 3 times (SMU, 2x). SMU can move the ball on offense but their D may be worse off than ours right now.

JMU is probably only in their 2nd or 3rd year of FBS football. I looked at stats from the game and JMU rushed for over 400 yards and had 729 yes of total offense. They also turned the ball over 3 times (SMU, 2x). SMU can move the ball on offense but their D may be worse off than ours right now.
JMU is still FCS but one of the top FCS teams on the east coast. Their QB is a GA Tech transfer, big, strong and fast. He rushed for over 200 yards.

James Madison is a consistently solid FCS school. They beat VA Tech when they were ranked in the top 15 a few years ago.

Losing to a lower division school is always a bad loss though. Ponies have a long ways to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT