ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Smith

The broadcast for the Chargers game led with the story of young players getting snaps and him and his penalties.

I watched part of this game on Saturday. specifically to watch Tyler (I loathe the Cowboys). He was just moving the Chargers DL around with ease.
As a Skins fan I loathe the cowboys as well. I do hope Tyler does well except twice a year. Hopefully they fix his penalty issues.

As a Skins fan I loathe the cowboys as well. I do hope Tyler does well except twice a year. Hopefully they fix his penalty issues.
As a life long Cowboys fan, Washington was public enemy #1 for years but that spot has now been taken by the Eagles. I hope we can agree on that one.

As a life long Cowboys fan, Washington was public enemy #1 for years but that spot has now been taken by the Eagles. I hope we can agree on that one.
Eh...the Cowboys/Redskins rivalry was the best in the NFL for a really long time. Vikings fans would point to Vikings/Packers or even Browns/Steelers, but the Skins and Cowboys would get downright nasty. And as a Patriots fan I would always hate the Giants too because there seemed to be a bleed in southern RI and CT between Pats and Giants fans and the SB battles lost made it even worse.

And nobody likes the Jets...not even Jets fans

You know damn well who they are. smh
The Washington Commodores have a loyal following.
Ny04NTY3LmpwZWc.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
It surprised me when I lived in DC in the 90s how many older Black men wore Cowboys gear. I finally asked someone about it and was told they despised the racist owner of Washington so much, they supported the team he hated the most.

It surprised me when I lived in DC in the 90s how many older Black men wore Cowboys gear. I finally asked someone about it and was told they despised the racist owner of Washington so much, they supported the team he hated the most.
Which owner? Lol. Everyone has their reasons for why they do things and it’s fine. If I based my affiliation with the owners POV, then I would never leave my house and sometimes that’s questionable. Lol.

Which owner? Lol. Everyone has their reasons for why they do things and it’s fine. If I based my affiliation with the owners POV, then I would never leave my house and sometimes that’s questionable. Lol.
I don’t know if it’s the guy, but the Personal Life section on Jack Kent Cooke’s Wikipedia is quite a read. Movie of the week type stuff.

Still think tbe 'skins new name should have been "Overlords"...

"......And welcome to the field your Washington Overlords!"

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
I don’t know if it’s the guy, but the Personal Life section on Jack Kent Cooke’s Wikipedia is quite a read. Movie of the week type stuff.
I was referring to Cooke. Despicable man. Just a sample: Back when there many more rounds in the draft, he openly told colleagues on multiple occasions that he would intentionally wait to the lower rounds to draft black players because he didn’t think they could be trusted with money. He died with an estate just short of a billion dollars in 1997 money. He left his infant daughter $5 million.

But the real racist behind the Redskins was the owner before that, Preston Marshall. When asked to respond to charges of anti-semitism on national tv, he stated he loved all the Jews who bought tickets. He notoriously comvinced/bribed/threatened the other owners to unintegrate the NFL in the 30s after more than a decade of integrated play. When the NFL desegregated again in the 40s, hewent nearly 20 years without signing a black player until RFK threatened to cancel the lease on the stadium which was on federal land if he didn’t sign a black player. They later named the stadium after RFK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill Lowery
Now back to actual news that might affect Tyler Smith. Cowboys LT Tyron Smith went down with a leg injury yesterday and it is feared he has torn his hamstring and will be out several weeks. This might affect Tyler in either of 2 ways....the Cowboys have to accelerate his transition to LT in the NFL to cover for Smith's absence OR Tyler will now be more exposed at LG while Smith is out. An All Pro LT can make a LG look really good as well as simplify things when it comes to blocking assignments.

UPDATED: Tyron Smith has suffered an avulsion fracture. This occurs when a ligament or tendon pulls away from it's insertion point in bone taking some of the bone with it. So depending on which portion of the hamstring was injured, this means that there is also a small fracture on either the tibia or fibula. These injuries are tougher and longer recoveries than a ligament tear or a muscle tear. Smith will be out for the season so we will see how the Cowboys move. My guess is they bring in the backup LT and keep Tyler at LG where he has played well so far in the preseason. But as mentioned above, things will now be tougher on Tyler

He is talking about USC/Dallas' Tyon Smith having that injury, not TU's Tyler Smith. In case you might be having name confusion.
The confusion is real....I had to read the headline and the article a couple of times to make sure I had it straight as to what is going on.

Tyron Smith is the Cowboys All Pro LT

The confusion is real....I had to read the headline and the article a couple of times to make sure I had it straight as to what is going on.

Tyron Smith is the Cowboys All Pro LT
Me too, on reading your post.

I’m guessing they both have their full name on the back of their jerseys like Jack and Jim Youngblood way back in the day.

I am glad it is not Tyler still tough to hear about all pro left tackle

Sounds like Tyler Smith will be moving out to LT and the replacement for Tyron Smith who is done for the season after getting injured last week. He will definitely need to clean up his hand technique now. He's going to be exposed on the outside with the offensive side umpire staring at him the whole game.

LT to me is the most important position on the OL, so it Tyron Smith is a massive loss for the Cowboys. I really thought they would try to bring in an experience LT and give Tyler some time to acclimate to the pro game at the LG position. Guess they have enough confidence in the young man to drop him into the fire. He's certainly got the talent to be dominant at the position, but he's going to need to grow up quick or Dak is going to have a rough year.

LT to me is the most important position on the OL, so it Tyron Smith is a massive loss for the Cowboys. I really thought they would try to bring in an experience LT and give Tyler some time to acclimate to the pro game at the LG position. Guess they have enough confidence in the young man to drop him into the fire. He's certainly got the talent to be dominant at the position, but he's going to need to grow up quick or Dak is going to have a rough year.
Agree...and I am working off of what was said on the Blitz this AM. They may still do what you suggest and bring in a guy off of someone else's cuts that may be more of a salary cap casualty and not wanting to pay a 2nd stringer starter money. We'll see.

Yeah, they’d be better off getting an old-timer out of retirement. Michael Oher is probably bored somewhere. Not that I care about the Dallas Cowboys.
I still stand by my assessment. Tyler can be an all pro guard. He will have a short shelf life as a tackle in the NFL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT