ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Smith

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
So, in 3 games back, I'm not sure I've seen Tyler miss a block or get beat. Last night he basically neutralized the big DT for the 49ers. Like the dude couldn't get any push on or penetration on runs or pass rushes. There was another play where Tyler ran a pseudo-pull to his left and took the DE and then absolutely stuffed Bosa and opened up a lane for the Cowboys RB who ended up going for 8 or 9 on one of the few plays that worked. Smith has been nothing short of stellar so far this season.

Reactions: el duran
At the end of a play in the 4th quarter there was some barking going on between teams. One of the players for the 49ers was going after the Cowboys center. Smith stepped up to him and the dude turned around and shut up. Smith is a GIANT among giants!

Dak Prescott got exposed for the fraud he is last night..
Watching one of the highlight shows and they were breaking down Dak and how he absolutely is not capable of moving of his first read and go through a progression. He's forcing the ball downfield to a covered WR while CeeDee Lamb is sitting dead smack in the middle of the field, at the sticks, not a defender within 10 yards, and Dak still throws a prayer 30 yards downfield. The TE was also wide open on this play right in front of Dak and could have gained the 7 yards needed for a 1st down as well. It was an epic display of how poorly Dak sees the field.

Dak Prescott got exposed for the fraud he is last night..
I told my lady before the game that I was really concerned because Dak
has had a history of playing his worst in big games....Just the reverse of
what you need...

I don't think the Cowboys can ever get back to the super bowl with him
at QB....He is missing a couple of cards out of the full deck it takes to
get there....

Reactions: noble cane
I told my lady before the game that I was really concerned because Dak
has had a history of playing his worst in big games....Just the reverse of
what you need...

I don't think the Cowboys can ever get back to the super bowl with him
at QB....He is missing a couple of cards out of the full deck it takes to
get there....
He has limitations against defenses that scheme well against the Cowboys. Add to it that the 49ers, IMO, are the best team in the NFL this season including the Chiefs and Eagles, and that game was certain to be a disaster for the Cowboys.

As for Purdy, he does a lot of things well but he might not be "great" at any one thing that makes him stick out on film. He is smart, he sees the field well, things that don't make a highlight reel necessarily or can be seen at a scouting combine. He is very similar to Brady in that regard although Brady did have a rocket for an arm...Purdy's not there. Purdy, like Brady and the greats, anticipates throws and where the openings are. There are times the ball is on the receiver before they're out of their break. Garoppolo had a couple instances of this last night and Jacobi Meyers couldn't hang on. Jordan Love had one last night too that clanged off a WR who wasn't quite ready for the ball.

As long as they can keep Purdy healthy, he has the chance to have a special career, especially if they can keep the weapons he has right now around him. I don't think there is another team in the NFL right now who can boast the same quality of skill players. KC doesn't have it right now, Miami doesn't, Philadelphia doesn't quite, and the Bills are closest (IMO) but not quite. McCaffrey puts them over the top and his versatility certainly holds defenses from all out pressure on Purdy. Samuel's versatility and the ability to use him as a RB and then run a route from the RB spot creates matchup nightmares. Ayuk is a great WR and Kittle is one of the best in the NFL right now. And Jusczyk is a beast at FB.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
It was pretty glaring though when compared to the efficiency of Mr. Irrelevant.
IDK, feels like blaming the Titanic's compartment doors for the sinking. I mean, it's not like Dak has been there since 1996. Don't get me wrong, Cowboy tears are like nectar of the gods to me but it makes me sad to see the guy who ignominiously fired Tom Landry not getting his "credit".

Reactions: TulsaAM
IDK, feels like blaming the Titanic's compartment doors for the sinking. I mean, it's not like Dak has been there since 1996. Don't get me wrong, Cowboy tears are like nectar of the gods to me but it makes me sad to see the guy who ignominiously fired Tom Landry not getting his "credit".
You care correct in that the biggest problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones thinking he is a player personnel guru. Let the coaches and scouts do that, Jerry should stick to writing checks.

You care correct in that the biggest problem with the Cowboys is Jerry Jones thinking he is a player personnel guru. Let the coaches and scouts do that, Jerry should stick to writing checks.
Its always a pleasure to see ego maniacs (Jerry Jones) deliver mediocre results .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT