12:00 Iowa (4-11)
4:30 Lamar (10-4)

Sunday 3/6
Iowa 10:00
Lamar 2:00

Wednesday 3/9
5:00 #13/14 Oklahoma (10-4)

Iowa and Lamar play in between the Tulsa games on Saturday and Sunday
Iowa lost to Texas A&M Corpus Christ 2-1 (twice)
Lamar lost to Oklahoma 12-2
All 4 of Oklahoma’s losses are all to ranked teams and a couple of the wins are ranked teams.

I am surprised daddy of softball bitching isn't hasn't been here whining about us beating Texas 3-0 twice.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Weekend Results 4-0
Overall 15-4

Saturday
Game 1 W 2-1

Iowa 1 run on 5 hits had 1 error and 4 LOB
Tulsa 2 runs on 4 hits 0 errors and 5 LOB
Notable:
Shelby Estocado was 2 for 3 with a HR and a stolen base
Caitlin Sill pitched 7 innings with 1 ER on 5 hits 3 BB and had 1 K

Game 2 W 14-2 (5 innings)
Lamar 2 runs on 5 hits had 1 error 5 LOB
Tulsa 14 run on 14 hits 0 errors and 8 LOB
Notable:
Lamar coach was tossed in the first inning always a fun time.
Emily Watson pitched 4 innings with 1 ER on 2 hits 3 BB had 3 K
Lexi Blevins pitched 1 innings with 1 ER with 3 hits 1 BB had 0 K

Sunday
Game 1 W 9-7

Iowa 7 runs on 11 hits had 1 error and 6 LOB
Tulsa 9 runs on 7 hits had 1 error and 4 LOB
Notable:
Shelby Estocado was 2 for 2 with a HR and 2 RBI
Morgan Neal also had a HR
Ellie Reaves pitched 5 innings with 6 ER on 11 hits 0 BB and had 4 K
Emily Watson pitch 2 innings with 0 ER on 0 hits 0 BB 1 HBP and had 1K

Game 2 W 9-0 (5 innings)
Lamar 0 runs on 4 hits had 3 errors and 2 LOB
Tulsa 9 runs on 10 hits had 1 error and 7 LOB
Notable:
Catherin Horner was 1 for 1 with a double, BB, HBP, RBI and scored a run
Shelby Estocado and Julia Hollingsworth both homered.
Caitlin Sill pitched 5 innings with 0 ER on 4 hits 1 BB and had 2 K

Was anyone at the games and have any insight?
Who is going on Wednesday?

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Anyone know how many HRs Estocado has so far this season? She usually hits somewhere between 7-9 in the lineup. That's some crazy good power that low in the lineup for TU.

I don't know where in the rankings the ladies are. But should be flirting top 25 now. If they can get a win over ranked OU and play well this weekend, it should put them in position for another special year. I like the way coach has used his freshman. A few are emerging into confident players at the right time of the schedule.

Game tonight vs Oklahoma has been rescheduled for April 19. The time is TBD.

FWIW Tulsa in now in the Others Receiving Votes listing. 1 vote in one poll.

I don't know where in the rankings the ladies are. But should be flirting top 25 now. If they can get a win over ranked OU and play well this weekend, it should put them in position for another special year. I like the way coach has used his freshman. A few are emerging into confident players at the right time of the schedule.

I would love to agree with you but I have inside information that he does not play freshmen no matter what. They will have to wait a couple years to see the field. What you are seeing are seniors dressed as freshmen.

Sorry I had to get that dig in from all the dad posts.

I am loving the grit of this team. Really starting to limit their errors, playing smart ball and man can they hit! The pitching has been stellar. They have played like a top 15 team if it wasn't for the emotional let down after the Texas wins.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I would love to agree with you but I have inside information that he does not play freshmen no matter what. They will have to wait a couple years to see the field. What you are seeing are seniors dressed as freshmen.

Sorry I had to get that dig in from all the dad posts.

I am loving the grit of this team. Really starting to limit their errors, playing smart ball and man can they hit! The pitching has been stellar. They have played like a top 15 team if it wasn't for the emotional let down after the Texas wins.

He has played 1 freshmen kid consistently out of 5..,that kid according to her bio was a top 100 recruit..I suppose you say that's playing freshmen...I say if that kid didn't play he would be an idiot..has Tulsa Softball ever had a top 100 recruit? Even a blind man can't screw that up...nice dig tho

Last edited:
19 games played. And freshman appearances for the blind man.

Morgan Neal 19 games .370 20/54 Top 100 recruit
Julia Hollingsworth 15 games .310 9/29 6 strike outs
Tori Stafford 16 games .188 3/16 1 strike out
Rylie Spell 15 games .211 4/19 5 strike outs
Lauren Lomax 13 games mostly as pitch runner ,000 0/3 3 strike outs

Ellie Reaves 3 wins 0 losses 3.68 era 4 starts 6 games entered

Kaitlen Allen 14 games .214 6/28 Not a freshman

Never admit u were at fault or made silly statements that didn't hold water. It works for Trump, why shouldn't it work for you?

You guys are funny..count games all you want...I count at bats...Neal is the only significant contributor..It appears recently Hollingsworth has received more at bats

7 players would qualify as significant contributors by SoftballDad spin. Between 50 and 60 at bats. Of these players Horner is the only one not batting over .300 but has been hitting better lately.
Would you replace anyone of these players?
The 2 players getting less time

Allen .214 6/28 5 strike outs
Walker .125 3/24 4 strike outs

My whole point is how coach has worked the freshman in getting about 1/3 of the at bats and seem to be gaining the confidence to get even more playing time.

Seems to me that coach has the right ones on the field while giving opportunity for a new face to step up.

I think lately he has put Allen in RF and Neal at 2nd....I haven't seen them so I don't know who the better athlete is but Allen has more experience at 2nd...Hollingsworth seems to dh only..wonder if she is injured or a liability on defense as a freshmen...Stafford hasn't really had much of a chance...anyone that has really played baseball/softball understands you can't expect to hit well with 1 at bat here and there...they are playing well for sure...lets see how the fsu game goes...it will be far and away the most talented team Tulsa has faced..Texas is horribly overrated..

1 at bat here and there after 20 attempts can tell me a lot about a hitter.

How good is the eye.
Body language at the plate.
Bat control.
Running the bases.

I look at how well they make contact. Hard line drives and hard grounders is a hit. A walk is a hit. How many strike outs. How many pop ups. Long flies is still a pop up unless a sacrifice. This is how you evaluate. As a hitter I want to hit 3 times a game. But I better make the best of every one.

I think you are waiting for them to stumble against good competition so you can say, "I told you so".

I think all your rambling is based on players that were not as good as their parents expected.

1 at bat here and there after 20 attempts can tell me a lot about a hitter.

How good is the eye.
Body language at the plate.
Bat control.
Running the bases.

I look at how well they make contact. Hard line drives and hard grounders is a hit. A walk is a hit. How many strike outs. How many pop ups. Long flies is still a pop up unless a sacrifice. This is how you evaluate. As a hitter I want to hit 3 times a game. But I better make the best of every one.

I think you are waiting for them to stumble against good competition so you can say, "I told you so".

I think all your rambling is based on players that were not as good as their parents expected.

I am not waiting on that..but there is a significant difference between Tulsa and FSU...Tulsa is a ok team probably top 50 or so

There is no shame losing to FSU, a top 10 type team...there is no I told you so...nice win vs Stanford and will have great chance vs Minnesota Tuesday. You guys just want to bash me but sometimes you are just not as good as another team..it's as simple as that...

You're right there is no shame in losing a few games in a long season. But it has been obvious that you talk too much out of your pie hole. Ignoramus , shill or what? Not sure what motivates you to participate in this forum. You're all over the place. No one here ever says we have the overall talent as Florida, Arizona, UCLA, Oklahoma year in and year out. Or have the illusion that it will ever be so. But like baseball, on any given day a decent team can upset the favorite. Tulsa deals with this in all sports. So the true TU fans are very happy when we get noticed.

Now why did I waste my time explaining this to you? Because I know already you'll come back with well....look at what the Louisiana Cajuns are doing with their program and they built a top 10 team. Some schools you only have to have rocks for brains, just sayin

Littlecanerush, you referenced ULL and the rocks for brains...I am sure all Tulsa football players are mechanical engineer majors...nice excuse...you are full of those

I called you a shill. And I still believe that. I asked if you were just ignorant or what? The more you talk the more you self destruct.

It's obvious you don't care, from the start. But you are not a fan of TU, and for that reason it would be much more agreeable if you didn't post on this board. If you didn't think you were going to get a negative response with all negativity you were repetitively showing in your posts, then you truly are ignorant of how a sports board works. And we don't care what petty parents u know. Pretty soon I'm assuming you will get a warning/order from our board moderator and be either forewarned into civility or off the board. The fact that u refer to Trump as your boy, shows that u will likely have to be forced into civility.

Wait a minute, I came on here stating a viewpoint from others peoples perspective that has insight..it is one persons opinion...civility?..all I said is this staff is overrated, cant recruit and a few other things....nothing personal in nature to any player or coach..we are talking about the performance of a coach or coaches...what kind a board demands only positive posts?? I will continue to post what I hear...you failed to mention when I give credit i.e. Texas wins, and the general start of the year...

Last edited:
And you are correct that I'm not a Tulsa fan..don't care either way...please post in the rules where you have to be a fan and where it can be only positive posts..

U stated that over, and over, and over... We got that u knew some parents with jaded views and just what those views were after the first post or two. But you continued on, and on... Your 'compliments' were back handed insults, looking for more ways to 'compliment' us with another back handed insult.

There are many people(myself included) on this board who have criticisms of the program and the coach, and the players(within reason). But the majority of our comments are not negative, and our positive comments are not back handed insults.

The posters that are consistently negative with the majority of their comments go on with them for a week or six,(depending on how negative they get) until a moderator warns them or kicks them off, depending on the nature of the comments, and what the persons response to the moderator is. The only thing I have seen from you that is commendable, is that you have refrained as much as you could from trashing players.

Myself and other posters have tried to inform u, and u refuse to get it, so I'm done with any other comments to u. I'm sure you have had similar experiences on other boards before, unless you are an adolescent kid, so I doubt anything anybody is posting is news to u.

No reason to trash players and I won't....back handed compliments..hmmm..I said Texas was nice wins...I said good start to the season...the only qualifier was let's see how well they do against fsu...that's a legitimate point. Minnesota is another test..lets see. As far as other boards?? I've been on Texas boards, Texas A&M boards and OU boards...u think I'm negative go on a OU board after they lose and see what their alledged fans say about their players and coaches...I assure you I'm awesome compared to them. You guys just don't like the perspective so you bash me..that's fine,I could care less but at some point the program should take a step forward...like a UL or James Madison...and yes, James Madison is like Tulsa in academics...so no excuse there...

It has nothing to do with your perspective. You don't give one. You just trash on the coaches, trash on the talent, trash on the program. TU softball is a hell of a program, they have already taken a huge leap forward. They had a down year and it wasn't much of one. Now they are playing some great softball again. You admit you are not a Tulsa fan. Well, you know where the door is. Go ahead and use it. You don't have to be a fan to use a forum but why would you want to unless you were a fan??? You just like being a jackass. It would be different if you were being informative but you are not. You have been proved wrong at every single step.

Ill post where i choose...thanks though... I've been proven wrong okay no Regional last year and faced two plus pitchers this year and got no hit by both..lol

It has nothing to do with your perspective. You don't give one. You just trash on the coaches, trash on the talent, trash on the program. TU softball is a hell of a program, they have already taken a huge leap forward. They had a down year and it wasn't much of one. Now they are playing some great softball again. You admit you are not a Tulsa fan. Well, you know where the door is. Go ahead and use it. You don't have to be a fan to use a forum but why would you want to unless you were a fan??? You just like being a jackass. It would be different if you were being informative but you are not. You have been proved wrong at every single step.

I probably should have rephrased my statement to say he didn't trash specific players terribly much, but he did trash them in a more 'en masse' sort of reference.

But yeah 'I support this statement' about our 'Trump poster boy'. ;) Comparing us to the OU board. Jeez that is not by any means an aspiration of our board, if anything we want to be the anti-OU board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT