ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Green Wave

Good lord,
I don't think Lawpoke want's Dunelavy. He, like I, just wish Haith could get the same amount of effort out of our guys every night.
Tulane hasn't lost an AAC game by more than 9 points. He gets the max out of whoever he has to put on the floor on any giving night.

I clearly said that wanted Gragg to put his trombone down, walk out onto the court and fire Haith on the spot. Then run over to the Tulane bench with a suitcase full of cash and immediately hire Dunleavy with Dave Bliss, Bobby Knight and Bruce Pearl as his assistants. Our dream team if you will.

Pearl could handle the dirty recruiting side. Knight would obviously handle all forms of game time intimidation. Dunleavy can argue with Gold during timeouts and Bliss can cover it all up. A perfect storm you might say.

Last edited:
I clearly said that wanted Gragg to put his trombone down, walk out onto the court and fire Haith on the spot. Then run over to the Tulane bench with a suitcase full of cash and immediately hire Dunleavy with Dave Bliss, Bobby Knight and Bruce Pearl as his assistants. Our dream team if you will.

Pearl could handle the dirty recruiting side. Knight would obviously handle all forms of game time intimidation. Dunleavy can argue with Gold during timeouts and Bliss can cover it all up. A perfect storm you might say.

Oh sh1t man!

My bad :joy::wink::smiley:

Oh sh1t man!

My bad :joy::wink::smiley:
I don't care how desperate we are, Bliss is never allowed to step foot on a college campus again, let alone TU. I met him a couple of days after he was hired at Baylor...Cronin pales in comparison to Bliss's D-bagness. Chew on that for a moment. We all think Cronin is a complete prick...Bliss is worse, by a bunch.

I heard someone yelling during our late game free throws over the TV and figured it was a Tulane fan. I never dreamed it might be one of the coaches.

I don't care how desperate we are, Bliss is never allowed to step foot on a college campus again, let alone TU. I met him a couple of days after he was hired at Baylor...Cronin pales in comparison to Bliss's D-bagness. Chew on that for a moment. We all think Cronin is a complete prick...Bliss is worse, by a bunch.

Bliss is obviously the key to my dream staff as we would be on NCAA probation in less than 6 months without his specific skill set. Hopefully Gragg doesn't share your views.

Bliss is obviously the key to my dream staff as we would be on NCAA probation in less than 6 months without his specific skill set. Hopefully Gragg doesn't share your views.
Bliss shouldn't even be included in the joke. While Pearl is probably paying players plus extra hamburgers and Bobby Knight is still bullying his way through college basketball, you can still joke about them being on a staff as they may be disagreeable people, but not evil-intending individuals. I didn't get that vibe with Bliss. I seriously think he does some things with the sole intent of inflicting damage on others. He's like a character from a Stephen King novel.

If we take Bliss out of the mix, can I make a call and add Kelvin Sampson to the staff? Or Leonard Hamilton? Len had a unique ability to recruit. He got a highly recruited guy from Baltimore Dunbar to come to OSU in the 80's when the program stunk. He signed with OSU without over making a trip to Stillwater. I can't imagine why he stayed only a year there.

I remember Len yelling at J.D. Barnett after OSU and TU had a little fight. He yelled at J.D. "You got what you wanted."

Nice that Tulsa's biggest NCAA victory was over Len.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I'm going to have to pass on both Kelvin and Big Len. While both possess an acceptable amount of "shady" for my dream TU coaching staff both are amateurs when it comes to hiding said shade. With the crap Pearl will be doing on the recruiting trail we need a true professional to clean our sh*t up.

May I submit this individual for consideration if my man Bliss isn't acceptable:

rick-pitino-fired-louisville-recruiting-scandal-investigation.jpg

Pros:

1) A long history of covering up scandals and shady dealings
2) He may very well be a Vampire so longevity won't be an issue
3) His mafia ties will come in handy if jealous individuals from other schools start asking questions when we're rolling to conference and national titles

Cons:

1) He may have to coach from a federal penitentiary if the FBI case proceeds to charges.

I had a thought last night. Tulane fans and their program act about as uppity (without cause) as Rice does. Therefore I will now call them “Cajun Rice.”

Reactions: TU 1978 and TU_BLA
Raymond Styons was the official who called the tech from across the floor and also stopped play for the water bottle and other odd things. Very poor job for a veteran official.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
I'm going to have to pass on both Kelvin and Big Len. While both possess an acceptable amount of "shady" for my dream TU coaching staff both are amateurs when it comes to hiding said shade. With the crap Pearl will be doing on the recruiting trail we need a true professional to clean our sh*t up.

May I submit this individual for consideration if my man Bliss isn't acceptable:

rick-pitino-fired-louisville-recruiting-scandal-investigation.jpg

Pros:

1) A long history of covering up scandals and shady dealings
2) He may very well be a Vampire so longevity won't be an issue
3) His mafia ties will come in handy if jealous individuals from other schools start asking questions when we're rolling to conference and national titles

Cons:

1) He may have to coach from a federal penitentiary if the FBI case proceeds to charges.
Pitino was coach at Providence College when I started paying attention to college basketball and we got all the PC games on the local CBS affiliate.1st college basketball team I followed and rooted for. Donovan was like my 3rd favorite player behind Pop Lewis and Delray Brooks. (All the Big East coaches had mob ties back then, except for maybe John Thompson)...Pitino, Carnesecca, Boeheim, Massimino

TU winning at Providence in 86-87 season where they went to the Final Four was a great forgotten road win. I remember David Moss playing well. I have that game on tape somewhere.

I think Dunleavy & staff and #14,(with support from the team) provided evidence against the theory you have to be good to be dirty.

Reactions: Gold*

Bobby Knight is available?!!?

Lol at their fans calling this thread out on their board. Their fans are definitely rice jr worthy.

Raymond Styons was the official who called the tech from across the floor and also stopped play for the water bottle and other odd things. Very poor job for a veteran official.

"Water Bottle" was easily one of the worst officials I have seen at a TU game in the last 4 or 5 years. He just sucks and should be fired by the league.

"Water Bottle" was easily one of the worst officials I have seen at a TU game in the last 4 or 5 years. He just sucks and should be fired by the league.

This was only the second AAC game he's worked this year. He mostly does ACC.

I do wonder if these guys are getting spread too thin. Styons was in Richmond the night before our game, Self was in Philly, and Jordan was in Auburn. And all 3 of them have worked 55+ games. That's 4-5 games per week every week since the beginning of the season. Many of them on opposite ends of the country.

I’ve noticed that the refs get grumpier late in season. Probably all that travel. I wonder if the game would be better served with two officials and one watching from screen in locker room or elsewhere to break ties. It might cut down on the inevitable late season crash. I also think they need a third eye away from action because game is too fast and they always have bad angles.

I do wonder if these guys are getting spread too thin. Styons was in Richmond the night before our game, Self was in Philly, and Jordan was in Auburn. And all 3 of them have worked 55+ games. That's 4-5 games per week every week since the beginning of the season. Many of them on opposite ends of the country.
College BB talking heads like Bilas, Katz, etc. have been railing for years on how many games these officials do each week and throughout the season and cite it as the reason you get games where the officiating is lazy and tired, because the actual officials are tired and worn down. It gets worse during the conference tournaments because you know the top crew is working 4 nights straight. Heaven forbid the AAC thinks Zelton is one of the top officials....he's cranky and needs his Metamucil before he does any games...can you imagine working 4 nights straight?

THey usually don’t let Zelton out of the second night, if that.

I think we should tell Zelton the tournament is in Olrando, not Orlando. 20% chance he goes to Olrando. “You know, like Olrando Calrissian.”

Then he gets there and tweets “I’m in beautiful Olrando. It’s not beautiful.”

I think we should tell Zelton the tournament is in Olrando, not Orlando. 20% chance he goes to Olrando. “You know, like Olrando Calrissian.”

Then he gets there and tweets “I’m in beautiful Olrando. It’s not beautiful.”
Damn, autocorrect corrects everything else. I'm good if he goes to Olrando though

Autocorrect gave us a brilliant idea. Didn’t ruin a damn thing. Zelton ruins everything.

Reactions: cmullinsTU

Holy Hell, that's brutal... Not sleeping in your own bed, navigating airports, and getting a couple of miles on your feet during the game seems like a tough life to live over several months. Had no idea they traveled that extensively.

Some posters would be great at working for the media the way they turn things around what someone says!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT