ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Game Thread

For many years to come, all Tulane hype videos might just be highlights from this game. /not sure if joking

Announcer now making fun of how poorly coached our receivers are. Deservedly so.

Went to the liquor store at half. The cashier saw my shirt and asked how the game was going. I said the score was 48-7, and he smiled and said Tulane always sucks. I probably confused him when I broke out into tears and ran for my car.

For many years to come, all Tulane hype videos might just be highlights from this game. /not sure if joking

Announcer now making fun of how poorly coached our receivers are. Deservedly so.

Went to the liquor store at half. The cashier saw my shirt and asked how the game was going. I said the score was 48-7, and he smiled and said Tulane always sucks. I probably confused him when I broke out into tears and ran for my car.
I’m drinking a Bloody Mary and it’s delicious

Reactions: Lumpuckeroo
Damn. Leave my 3rd grade game, turn on the radio, and hear Bruce rattling off TD's in review and I was like SWEET! Then he said the score. What in the freaking hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never ever did i think we would get smoked by TULANE!

Hell, bring back Burns for DC the rest of the season. At least the players would be fired up.

Reactions: TU 1978
Hey coach, long time Tulsa fan, first time I've ever been to the call in show.

First, I wanted to congratulate you on coaching the worst half of Tulsa football I've ever seen. Truly something special. An absolute horror show.

My question is about the quarterback situation. Does President have some kind of blackmail material on you or what? I can't believe you are just that bad at evaluating football talent. Seriously, what gives?

I'll take my answer while standing here drinking my beer.

Reactions: TU 1978
At least we dont have worry about president at QB anymore.
We can only hope this is true. However, I did notice that Stokes, Johnson, and Stewart were in the last pattern with Skipper and Brooks in the backfield. That’s the future folks.

First, I wanted to congratulate you on coaching the worst half of Tulsa football I've ever seen. Truly something special. An absolute horror show.

My question is about the quarterback situation. Does President have some kind of blackmail material on you or what? I can't believe you are just that bad at evaluating football talent. Seriously, what gives?

Why has Monty taken 5 1/2 games to realize he had the wrong guy at QB.

Skipper

Well, Chads done some good things for us this year.....blah, blah, blah

I've been a proponent of President starting, and still think we didn't utilize him correctly. But it is clear to see, Skipper is the future. President is one of the best athletes on the team and we'll have to find a way to get him on the field.

Skipper is now 9-12 for 220 overall

Why has Monty taken 5 1/2 games to realize he had the wrong guy at QB.

That is damn frustrating.
Maybe we can make this somewhat respectable.... and then Skipper drops the ball.
And then he fires a strike into Stokes that would have been a first down and it is dropped. BTW, on that play watch Brooks pick up the rusher off the edge. He’s such a tremendous all around RB.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Skipper is 9-13 for 220 and a td. But he also keeps the d honest because he's an actual qb.

Chad was 2-6 for 17 yards and an int.

Seriously, he needs to be asked about his conclusion that President was the better QB. After the spring game I left saying you can't really tell much about a team when it plays itself but I know one thing, Skipper is by far the better QB and will be the starter. That comment assumed way much about Monty's ability to be objective about talent. This will be his downfall if he doesn't improve in that area. Welcome to a repeat of the Mike Sherman dumpster fire at aTm. EVERYONE now sees the difference in these two players and I'll bet if you asked the receivers before the season started who they wanted it wouldn't have been a close call.

Is it possible the DC’s would resign tomorrow? This goes beyond just this one game. If I was that bad at my job, I believe I would find a different opportunity.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
Is it possible the DC’s would resign tomorrow? This goes beyond just this one game. If I was that bad at my job, I believe I would find a different opportunity.

They are both being paid quite well... so I doubt it. But I hope we see some shuffling on the staff. Maybe some demotions and promotions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT