ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Game Thread

Worst half of TU football I've seen. Need big changes on D. Coaches & players.

Some first half numbers:

21 first downs to 5

Outgained by over 300 yards

To Tulane.

The offense is fixable with skipper. The defense isn't. There likely won't be any changes this season since TU doesn't have the money to fire anyone, but I'd imagine we'll see wholesale changes after this season.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
burn this thread

The decline after the Liberty Bowl under Blankenship was not this dramatic or this fast. And, it may have been preventable had Montgomery decided to give Skipper some experience.

I always thought this was stupid, but I honestly am now an advocate:

FIRE SOMEONE AT HALFTIME

Anyone. I don't care who. I'm not suggesting it is an actual solution - but it is nearly impossible for our defense to get any worse. This is not an exaggeration. If Tulsa just refused to field a defense in the second half - they could not do worse than allowing the opponent to score a touchdown on every drive.

I'm not melting. I'm being objective. Our defense literally could not have done any worse. Don't bother putting it on the field, just let Tulane walk into the end zone and lets get Skipper as many reps as possible.

Reactions: TUGrad06
FYI, all the $$$$ Club Seats at Chapman are up for renewal at end of this season. I’m concerned about retaining current donor levels as interest in football declines!

Reactions: cmullinsTU

FIRE SOMEONE AT HALFTIME

Anyone. I don't care who. I'm not suggesting it is an actual solution - but it is nearly impossible for our defense to get any worse. This is not an exaggeration. If Tulsa just refused to field a defense in the second half - they could not do worse than allowing the opponent to score a touchdown on every drive.

I'm not melting. I'm being objective. Our defense literally could not have done any worse. Don't bother putting it on the field, just let Tulane walk into the end zone and lets get Skipper as many reps as possible.
Agree, obviously the players are not responding to these defensive coaches. Extreme situations call for extreme actions.

FIRE SOMEONE AT HALFTIME

I think that is the only viable strategy. I still want a new Head Coach though.

Could this be the beginning of the end of football at tulsa? Just get rid of football all together UAB style?

See the Brian Norman post. That just about sums up the defense.

Oh my. What 2 beautiful passes. My gosh Monty you are a complete dingbat for playing President for 5 games. Fire Monty.

Skipper should be the QB the rest of the season or at least get a start. He’s looked good and in command but against a Defense that isn’t interested in playing anymore. See if he can make this interesting.

If the result of this game is that Skipper is the named starter going forward at QB, there's at least once positive to take away.

Shouldn't you be playing your online Star Wars games rather than wasting time on sports message boards?
Fair point. But it's fun talking with the 20 fans or so we have on here. Going to college station in a few minutes to watch a good coach call a game. Roll Tide! Go TU (hope we have a new coach next year)!

Monty should have known that President could be playing WR.

And Carter should be playing FS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT