ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Game Thread

That tackle attempt by Kerwin Thomas was not even JV quality. What in the world was he doing? As pathetic as it gets.

Well, apparently no reason to keep track of this game any longer. Sad.

I remember Chad dropping a couple this season. Or at least one. Montgomery has to give someone else a chance at playing.

This is awful.

Only good thing that happened is the reference to the "hard clap."

Someone had a night on Bourbon Street last night!

Reactions: TULSARISING
No defensive effort. May need to just call this one at the half. That would be the best way to keep from being last in NCAA each week.

Yeah, but we wait 8 months out of the year to watch a measly 12 games... Still have to watch no matter how awful the spectacle. The name on the helmet is always appealing to look at.

There is the Nigel Carter we've become accustomed to over his illustrious career. Wow.

Carter should go sit on the bench with El Presidente

I’m watching this cluster and I’m still having a hard time believing Tulane is doing this to us. Worst performance since the Burns years and possibly beyond. It’s Tulane.

Tulane might score more points than the Houston team did back in the 60's or whenever it occurred

I’m enjoyinh grilled beer brats and homemade potato salad.

What is everyone else having for lunch?

I am not a football expert. But I am a solid football fan, I watch a lot of football, understand more than the basic, and can do basic evaluations of what went right/wrong.

After the OSU game I had the basic feel for this team. but admitted I facing Oklahoma State might have tainted my view. Against LALA my initial thoughts were reinforced, but hey, we won. Against Toledo they were confirmed. Against New Mexico I was screaming in my seat: If you cant even threaten to pass, you can't run consistently. If your defense can't get stops, you have to be hyper aggressive. If you keep doing the same thing, you should expect the same result.

Against Navy my comment was literally "Ctrl C, Ctrl V."

We are now seeing what happens when (what has recently been and should be) an inferior football team in terms of resources, recruiting, and talent is so sure of what they see on tape that they can go out with a set plan and simply dominate. I don't use the word dominate as hyperbole, 42-7. Tulsa is being DOMINATED by Tulane.

The TV announcer just said it all about our defense, "too easy." Earlier the TV announcer asked why we keep playing President when we lack a passing element to our offense. Either some 3rd string TV announcers is able to discern more about our football team in one half of football than our entire coaching staff --- or our recruiting, training, and game planing is so bad that this is simply the best that we can do in year 3 of Phillip Montgomery.

I'm pissed. If Skipper comes in and wins this game, I may be even more pissed. GEE, LOOKS WHAT HAPPENS TO THE RUNNING GAME WHEN THEY HAVE TO RESPECT THE PASS. Pass, completion. Run for a first down. Pass, completion.

Can someone start asking Monte some hard questions now?

Reactions: Tulsa76
My only hope is that this complete embarrassment causes Montgomery to do an honest evaluation of the personnel he's recruiting and more importantly the coaches on his staff.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Tulane might score more points than the Houston team did back in the 60's or whenever it occurred
This poor defensive effort is not about injuries, it comes down to the coaches who recruited these players, the schemes and the ability to motivate. The defensive staff needs to be dismissed at halftime, not when they get back to campus or Monday morning, AT THE HALF. Seriously, Phil needs to tell them to find there own way home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT