ADVERTISEMENT

Tulane Beats Cincy

TUMU

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Game winning shot at the buzzer on the road at Cincy.

That game was the ugliest I have watched in college basketball all season. 19-13 at half. Cincinnati probably struggles in the half court offense more than we do
Posted from Rivals Mobile

doing the math
Cinncy now has 5 losses in conference along with Memphis
UConn with 4
Temple with 3
SMU and TU with 2

looking at road wins as +1 and home losses as -1 and assuming I don't have mistakes
TU and SMU +5
Temple +3
Cinncy, Memp and UConn at +1
one team will finish 6th and have a play-in game

difficult to know whether to root for SMU or UConn tonight.
Tulane did TU a huge favor. And, Cinncy remains in the top 40 of live RPI.
Road wins may tell the story here -
TU and SMU are 6-1
Temple is 5-1
Tulane ! is 4-2
Memphis is 3-3
UConn is 2-3
and Cinncy is a bad 2-4

TU needs to get a second wind after the week lay off and win the next 3

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
That game was the ugliest I have watched in college basketball all season. 19-13 at half. Cincinnati probably struggles in the half court offense more than we do
Posted from Rivals Mobile
In conference games, Cincinnati is averaging 1.014 points per possession. Tulsa is averaging 1.010 points per possession. Nearly identical.

We must have more posessions then because Cincy seems to regularly top out in the 40s.

Someone made a point about the mid-range jumper. That is where Tulsa should be shooting to break the sagging zone. You don't have to go to the basket EVERY time you drive. The point to is create space to get a clean look and with the number of possessions Tulsa has we should be living off of that.

OSU lost to TCU by a ton today and OU is trying to give away this game to K-State. Road defeats happen in conference so we can still recover from this, but since the SEOSU loss I have know Tulsa would need to win the conference tourney to get into the NCAA. I am looking at a deep NIT run at this point.

disagree. A 3 game home sweep and a road win at Memphis or a win at home against Cinncy, and TU is at least a 12 seed.

TU can lose one more IMO and rest relatively easy in selection Sunday. Lose two and it's sweating time. We're 45 RPI and 71 Sagarin plus a loss to a D2 team not figured into that RPI number (it will be taken into account by the committee.). Those aren't numbers which make me confident unless we finish first in the conference.

Originally posted by lawpoke87:
TU can lose one more IMO and rest relatively easy in selection Sunday. Lose two and it's sweating time. We're 45 RPI and 71 Sagarin plus a loss to a D2 team not figured into that RPI number (it will be taken into account by the committee.). Those aren't numbers which make me confident unless we finish first in the conference.
Thats kinda what I think. We're probably going to have to beat Memphis there and hold serve against Cincy, Temple, Tulane etc. We can survive an SMU loss, but not much else. We also may need a good tourney seed. I'd like us to stay away from UCONN and SMU there - far away!

Creighton and Auburn helped us a little today, but OU and OSU didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT