ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Arkansas State Game Thread

Losing to Arkansas state is a very very low point for our program. This is quite the embarrassment for the team, fans, and the university.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
You lost to the better team, more talented players and a team with sustained success.

No we lost to a team who didn't make many mistakes, did their jobs and played smart. That's a credit to your coach and team.

Tulsa shot itself in the foot multiple times. Strategically played like it was a play station game. We also played like we were the underdogs. These are repeated problems for this team under this coach, particularly in close games.

Your team deserved the win and played a very good game. Doesn't change the Tulsa issues, or the fact that you playing well and Tulsa playing horrible meant you won on a pick six. Your team didn't crush us, they just made us pay for dumb mistakes like good teams do.

Your team wasn't who I was referring to as not belonging on the field with us. Notice I pointed out it's been going on for four years.

Congrats to Arkansas St on good game and a win they deserved.

No we lost to a team who didn't make many mistakes, did their jobs and played smart. That's a credit to your coach and team.

Tulsa shot itself in the foot multiple times. Strategically played like it was a play station game. We also played like we were the underdogs. These are repeated problems for this team under this coach, particularly in close games.

Your team deserved the win and played a very good game. Doesn't change the Tulsa issues, or the fact that you playing well and Tulsa playing horrible meant you won on a pick six. Your team didn't crush us, they just made us pay for dumb mistakes like good teams do.

Your team wasn't who I was referring to as not belonging on the field with us. Notice I pointed out it's been going on for four years.

Congrats to Arkansas St on good game and a win they deserved.

I think the game was sloppy by both teams, A State with multiple dumb plays to include the opening kickoff, A State having yet another game with over 100 yards in penalties.

Yeah we won on a pick six forced by a DE that abused your tackle all night. The talent difference made the difference. Our coaching staff did not call a great game and I expected to let the game slip away.

I figured being 2-9 would have done that losing to New Mexico would have done that.

Hmmm, front run much?

Your program has what like 10 winning seasons total? Run along puppy. Perhaps you would be able to talk trash if you had been here for any of the game. Have a nice night.

Shit talker. Seems appropriate for the folks from the pig state.

I think the game was sloppy by both teams, A State with multiple dumb plays to include the opening kickoff, A State having yet another game with over 100 yards in penalties.

Yeah we won on a pick six forced by a DE that abused your tackle all night. The talent difference made the difference. Our coaching staff did not call a great game and I expected to let the game slip away.

Umm, yeah, your talent level did it. Not Tulsa's turn overs. Not Tulsa running a jet sweep in the end zone. Your talent won the game.

Talent blows people out without turnovers. You barely won with turn overs. That's not talent

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Hmmm, front run much?

Your program has what like 10 winning seasons total? Run along puppy. Perhaps you would be able to talk trash if you had been here for any of the game. Have a nice night.

Nothing better than a mental midget talking crap on an opposing teams board.

Umm, yeah, your talent level did it. Not Tulsa's turn overs. Not Tulsa running a jet sweep in the end zone. Your talent won the game.

Talent blows people out without turnovers. You barely won with turn overs. That's not talent

Yes our talent overcame a bad game plan by our staff, overcame 11 penalties for 101 yards, we also had a turnover. You act as if we played a flawless game and Tulsa played like ass. Not the case BOTH teams played poorly and had some horrible play calls.

Yes sir. Lurking until you win is pretty tough.

We actually quite enjoy talking with opposing fans leading up to a game both about our teams and suggestions for visiting fans in our city.

If it makes you feel better I wasnt posting on our boards either, nor was I using social media.

You had nothing to say about your team on the interwebs anywhere ever until you just beat Tulsa?

Congratulations?

You go radio silent during games on message boards you’ve never contributed to before?

This isn’t social media? Seeing how you’d never posted here much less 10 times a day, hence the hindsight v brave :crap: talking.

Congrats on the win.

Your talent scored 10 points.

You had a fumble recovery on your 45 you took for a field goal on the short field.

You had a fumble recovery you took for 50ish yards for a TD.

A pick 6 you returned from your 45ish.

A safety when we ran parallel to the goal line a yard and a half behind the line.

You so out talented us you put up 5 more yards against Tulsa than Alabama and even had 4 turn overs to work with.

This isn’t social media? Seeing how you’d never posted here much less 10 times a day, hence the hindsight v brave :crap: talking.

Congrats on the win.

Never said I posted here 10 times a day. Yet a few of you want to question my education.

Simply put I posted two VERY tame posts one using the nickname some here gave us, and one reply to a fan saying you had no business losing to A-State. I didn't come in thumping my chest, calling names or insulting anyone. You guys are quite sensitive and I get it you're not happy with the state of your program. Please go on to win out but specifically score 40 on the Piglets from Fayettenam.

Idk why these guys are so butthurt RedWolf. We suck and are bottom dwellers of the FBS thanks to incompetent coaching and recruiting primarily. Your team isn't great, but is better than Tulsa for sure. With a better head coach. Congrats on the win, and I hope your win allows us to get rid of Monty that much faster.

Your talent scored 10 points.

You had a fumble recovery on your 45 you took for a field goal on the short field.

You had a fumble recovery you took for 50ish yards for a TD.

A pick 6 you returned from your 45ish.

A safety when we ran parallel to the goal line a yard and a half behind the line.

You so out talented us you put up 5 more yards against Tulsa than Alabama and even had 4 turn overs to work with.

Relax buddy I never said we were a P5 team and you were an FCS team, but clearly the more talented players on the field at nearly every position tonight where A State players. We overcame quite a few problems in our own play calling, with a turnover of our own.

Idk why these guys are so butthurt RedWolf. We suck and are bottom dwellers of the FBS thanks to incompetent coaching and recruiting primarily. Your team isn't great but is better than Tulsa for sure. With a better head coach. Congrats on the win, and I hope your win allows us to get rid of Monty that much faster.

I get it they wish I was posting all game long, but frankly, I don't do that FOR my team let alone against other teams. I do find it entertaining that they are so upset by that fact though. LOL

We are upset we lost to a Sunbelt team. That is embarrassing & unacceptable. It would be like Ark State losing to an FCS school.

Then, a fan of that FCS school comes on your message board to rub salt in the wound. We see you as that FCS fan.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
We are upset we lost to a Sunbelt team. That is embarrassing & unacceptable. It would be like Ark State losing to an FCS school.

Then, a fan of that FCS school comes on your message board to rub salt in the wound. We see you as that FCS fan.

That is ignorant at best. While the SBC is not the best G5 conference we are far from the worst. Good luck on the rest of your season, and I'll say it again when you guys play the Hogs I'll be cheering g you on!

By every concievable metric since the cfp era began, yes the Sunbelt is the worst FBS conference.

By far you were not the most talented at every position or even many. Your players did make fewer mistakes. Hence why you had one fumble lost. Tulsa had three turn overs and a safety.

You were a better team tonight. You were not more talented.

This discussion has gone off the rails.

Arkansas State isn’t a scrub. They were the better team today and arguably overall. They will be in a bowl while we are home with 3 wins.

“bless your heart” isn’t always a dig, stop saying that stupid southern thing. Men never say this so they don’t know how women actually use it.

Saying nothing literally ever until your team wins makes you a sucker punch :crap: talker.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
This discussion has gone off the rails.

Arkansas State isn’t a scrub. They were the better team today and arguably overall. They will be in a bowl while we are home with 3 wins.

“bless your heart” isn’t always a dig, stop saying that stupid southern thing.

Saying nothing literally ever until your team wins makes you a sucker punch :crap: talker.

Nah I didn't trash your team at all with my first two posts, and still, haven't. I said reading the posts here was entertaining, I said we had the better team. That was it, if you consider that :crap: talking then you must pretty mentally weak.

I’m not the one seeking validation on an opponent board I wasn’t bold enough to post on before the clock wound down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT