ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Arkansas State Game Thread

By every concievable metric since the cfp era began, yes the Sunbelt is the worst FBS conference.

By far you were not the most talented at every position or even many. Your players did make fewer mistakes. Hence why you had one fumble lost. Tulsa had three turn overs and a safety.

You were a better team tonight. You were not more talented.

Really? Multiple P5 wins, one of the best postseason win percentages, finishing top 3 in the CFP money payouts for G5 conferences in each year except maybe one, finishing as the top G5 the final year of the BCS. It is flat lazy and wrong to bring that tired old argument to the table.

Wait until next home game...

Friday night, at 6 pm. After the crap we put on display tonight, yeah it'll be real bad. We will be lucky to beat UConn. There is no room to bitch about support with the current state of affairs.

We have not won consitantly.

We have not been building our relationship with the community.

We have no scheduling strategy.

We have an AD who struggles with the public relations side.

Our play calling is uninspiring and predictible, in a place that greatly contributed to the offensive explosion of modern football.

Our defense can play some, but doesn't have that dominant feel to it.

Some good music before the game and solid marketing effort won't overcome all that. We deserve what we get and I hope our athletic department takes the lesson to heart.

I counted the 384 people we had at a Rice game in the early 2000s. I was part of the 100+ students who tore down the goal posts when we beat UTEP for our only win. I'll be there, but I can't blame the rest of the city for not showing up.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Really? Multiple P5 wins, one of the best postseason win percentages, finishing top 3 in the CFP money payouts for G5 conferences in each year except maybe one, finishing as the top G5 the final year of the BCS. It is flat lazy and wrong to bring that tired old argument to the table.
Delusional much?

You're the last conference in p5 wins.
You have the lowest TV pay out.
Have never had a ny6 bowl team.
You did have a good bowl season last year.

Son you’re going to be in a bowl and we’re not. Congrats.

You still can’t sit with us at the AAC table.

Delusional much?

You're the last conference in p5 wins.
You have the lowest TV pay out.
Have never had a ny6 bowl team.
You did have a good bowl season last year.

Our TV payout is better than CUSA and no worse than even with the MAC only AAC and MWC have a better deal. Again talking without facts. We've had multiple good bowl seasons. SBC isn't the only one without a NY6 team and yet we still rank 3rd in the CFP payouts. Those are facts.

You really are very sensitive, relax it is just one game in a long season.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:joy::joy:

Junkie is being the sensitive one?

You took a comment I made referring to a Tulsa trend as a personal insult and now are over here captain-save-a-ho-ing your entire conference.

But yeah junkies the sensitive one;)

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Our TV payout is better than CUSA and no worse than even with the MAC only AAC and MWC have a better deal. Again talking without facts. We've had multiple good bowl seasons. SBC isn't the only one without a NY6 team and yet we still rank 3rd in the CFP payouts. Those are facts.

Your TV pay out is around 400,000 a team but the Sunbelt doesn't pay production costs which are picked up by ESPN.

CUSA's pay out is about 500,000 with out the stadium deal but they pay for production. They make about 650,000 with the stadium deal included.

The MAC makes 800,000+ per team and no production.

MWC makes about 1.7 million, except for Boise who make 2.3 ish million.

The AAC on it's old deal makes 2.1 million a team a year. You know the same time period deal where the Sunbelt made a 100,000 a year.

The MAC, MW, and AAC all have had ny6 teams.

CUSA has had a team ranked.

Sunbelt? :eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

Pink poodle infant, our fans are pissed because we lost to an interior team in an inferior conference. If you don’t get that, then maybe you can go back to your trailer and get a clue.

Nah I didn't trash your team at all with my first two posts, and still, haven't. I said reading the posts here was entertaining, I said we had the better team. That was it, if you consider that :crap: talking then you must pretty mentally weak.

You really are very sensitive, relax it is just one game in a long season.
Nice to see such a Bless your heart, passive-aggressive, :crap: talker.

ASU is not an inferior team to Tulsa. I normally view the world through gold and blue glasses but I have to admit that they are bigger and more athletic. QB, receivers, running backs, all fall under that category. I walked away disappointed that we had an opportunity to win the game but really felt that the better team won. Even without the bonehead safety play, we would have had to score a TD on the last possession and held them from any points on theirs. On a positive note, we were in a dog fight with a team that I think will dominate a lot of teams this year. Our defense held a very good offense to 20 points. Job well done for the defense. That is a drastic improvement from last year.
On the negative side, I get discouraged when obvious problems don't improve. Special teams fundamentals for one.
I would suggest Monty go to the bench and give some young guys a shot. He is too set on who his players will be for the entire game and not giving an opportunity to some guys who may be gamers. There are some promising young receivers on the bench who could replace Hobbs for a few series and see what they do in a game. Just sayin'. Why not let Javon Thomas carry on some short yardage situations and rotate more RB's in the game. If nothing changes, nothing is going to change.

ASU is not an inferior team to Tulsa. I normally view the world through gold and blue glasses but I have to admit that they are bigger and more athletic.

Thanks for telling us the same thing twice. Be sure to go over to the Arkansas state board and let them know how awesome they are just in case they didn’t come here and see your love for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT