ADVERTISEMENT

TU v. SFA in Honolulu

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
dannysheridan says TU by 2.5
in the other half of TU's bracket San Diego State over USM by 20.5 (USM must really stink this year)
bottom half of bracket Utah by 9 over USF and Illinois State by 4 over Hawaii (in a road game)

in the other half of TU's bracket San Diego State over USM by 20.5 (USM must really stink this year)
bottom half of bracket Utah by 9 over USF and Illinois State by 4 over Hawaii (in a road game)

Utah has gotten 2 transfer players eligible and should be the favorite. Both played last game and excelled, including guard Sedrick Barefield, a SMU transfer, who scored 18.

David Collette, a 6-10 transfer from Utah State had 11/9 in his 1st game back.

Southern Miss has won 15 games combined against D1 in the 3 years since Tyndall got them put on probation.

San Francisco isn't too bad of a team. Probably the toughest matchup for Utah on that side of the bracket. Utah will probably beat them, but if anybody could upset Utah it would be them. Utah didn't get any favors in the first round.

We've been conference mates at one point or another with all but 2 of the teams in this tournament.

We have a common opponent with SFA: NSU. How bout that?

I forgot that they kicked our butts at home in 2012. The box score is a hoot to read. Shaq had zero points. Many probably questioned him. The Texas State coach was their coach back then.

http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112412aaa.html

That was the first home loss for Manning. They were also the first team to beat us at home in the Woj era. We made 17 of 30 free throws. The more things change...

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/scores105/105323/NCAAB150724.htm

I forgot that they kicked our butts at home in 2012. The box score is a hoot to read. Shaq had zero points. Many probably questioned him. The Texas State coach was their coach back then.

http://www.sfajacks.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/112412aaa.html
There was a guy on here who insisted Shaquille wasn't a D-1 player until halfway through his senior year. The team shot 31% from the field, 21% from 3, and 57% from the line that night. I don't think we've had a night that bad yet this year. That's why I always take these doom and gloom complaints with a grain of salt.

OSU's freshman PG who played against us when Evans was out committed to SFA and was penciled in to be their starting PG. His change of heart has really hurt their squad. They needed him.

They're always a good OOC opponent for RPI purposes. Last time they finished below .500 in their conference was 2005.

SFA's current RPI is 289. Probably not getting much help from this game this year.

SFA's current RPI is 289. Probably not getting much help from this game this year.

They're projected to be the 5th best RPI boost of our OOC schedule even in a down year because they'll still win plenty of games in the Southland.

They're projected to be the 5th best RPI boost of our OOC schedule even in a down year because they'll still win plenty of games in the Southland.

I hope so. I casual know their head coach from his time in Stillwater. Good guy trying to fill some huge shoes. That scenario seldom ends up well. I do expect them to take a huge step back this year even in conference play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT