ADVERTISEMENT

TU Softball ranked 19/21

Tax Guy

I.T.S. Sophomore
Dec 5, 2003
19 in the ESPN.com poll and 21 in the Coaches poll..

They will be at UT-Arlington this weekend and unfortunately I'll be in Tulsa…UGH!! I was looking forward to taking my 12 y/o catcher.

Anyone who hasn't see a fastpitch game besides on TV and is in the Dallas area needs to go support the team. TV does not capture just how fast paced and exciting this game is.
This post was edited on 2/27 8:44 AM by Tax Guy

Rankings

I saw that TU has its first home game tomorrow. Which is mainly interesting because we're 15-5, so 20 games without playing at home.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The early season games are usually played in 5 game weekend tournaments hosted by schools with a little warmer latitude.

The first three weekends in February where spent in Tallahassee, FL Baton Rouge ,LA and Austin, TX.

After winning 4 of 5 in last weekend's tournament in Dallas area, they are now ranked 21/22 .

Home game vs. OSU tonight starting at 4:00 and done in time to make the 7:00 tip off.

The new polls are out.

The ladies are now 23-5 and ranked 18 and 19

This weekend has them in Las Vegas playing a tournament with UNLV, Texas Tech and Boise State.

#NoLimits

Visiting in Tucson. Just opened the paper sports page. Tulsa rated 18 and 19 in the polls.
Way to go!

The game this past weekend against UCF was broadcast live statewide on basic cable here in Florida. Really, really impressive team.

#18 Tulsa plays host to #1 Oklahoma today at 4:00 in a hastily added game at Tulsa's Collins Family Softball Complex . OU is coming off a doubleheader rainout Wensday against Louisiana-Lafayette.

Just here to brag a little but my nieces' softball team was picked by TU as Tulsa's team of the week. They get to walk-in with the TU ladies this upcoming Saturday. I think this will be great for them to see how competitive these teams can be and how much fun they will have at this level too. I'm hoping TU sticks in my nieces' minds.

Down to # 22 with a tough weekend series (1-2) against UAB
t-2nd place in CUSA
Team is in Houston this weekend. Really need a sweep to help our national ranking, right the ship and start getting some momentum for the conference tourney in a couple weeks. Will also put us solidly in 2nd place of CUSA if we can at least take 2 of 3

Overall record
32-11-1
CUSA record
12-3 tied with Houston for 2nd place.

Yikes.
2 tough losses today
4-3 & 3-2 with Houston winning both in the 7th
Wouldnt surprise me to see us drop out of the top 25

Tulsa loses to Houston 3-0. Houston takes 3 of 4 from Tulsa this season. Tulsa awaits its regional location this Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT