ADVERTISEMENT

TU signs striker

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
Bartlesville Bruin Ian Belong signs with Tulsa after committing last week.

Looks like a fast and athletic striker who is dangerous with either foot. Anyone know what club team he plays for?

Last edited:
My brother plays at Cal State Fullerton and started at Oregon State.

The dude can fly. He has never played at this level, but he is intriguing. His touch is good but not great, and his athleticism is world-class. I always thought he should have been playing with TSC's NL rather than meandering around with NEOFC, whatever. The potential is really high. He has never been put in the highest level environment, but straight-line speed is as fast as anyone.

Intriguing signing. Basically like taking an uber athletic kid who has only played 8 man high school football and signing him to a D1 football ship. Looking forward to watching his transition.

He had world class speed with and without the ball. Could play off both feet but favored his left. Similar to Belong.

He wasn’t offered as many chances as he deserved, before he came to TU or after.

He had world class speed with and without the ball. Could play off both feet but favored his left. Similar to Belong.

He wasn’t offered as many chances as he deserved, before he came to TU or after.
Cool, I thought you were referring to who he played with in his formative years. He and I played with each other every other year. I would be on the team when it was rec, and he would be on it then and when it switched to classic. The older team was better than the younger team, so they switched back and forth between classic and rec. I only played with one guy that could hold a candle to him in speed. The other guy was a goalie, believe it or not.

He’s a coaches kid as well. Which always helps
Who Terry's? Who did his dad coach for? He didn't coach our team.(The team was named Orange Crush.) But this was in middle school the last time I played with him, around 1980. The guy that coached us was Ron, can't remember his last name, something. Seems like I vaguely remember hearing something bout his dad coaching.

Not sure what that has to do with the Bartlesville kid. But cool beans anyway, I reckon.
His My brother plays at Cal State Fullerton and started at Oregon State.

The dude can fly. He has never played at this level, but he is intriguing. His touch is good but not great, and his athleticism is world-class. I always thought he should have been playing with TSC's NL rather than meandering around with NEOFC, whatever. The potential is really high. He has never been put in the highest level environment, but straight-line speed is as fast as anyone.
I was kind of trying to figure that out too. The only thing that made sense was changing the pronoun.

Copied from Cal St. Roster:

F 6'2" 175 lbs

Jalen Belong

Sophomore TR Bartlesville, Okla. Oregon St.

Looks like a fast and athletic striker who is dangerous with either foot. Anyone know what club team he plays for?
Never heard of the kid and I don't recognize him from the NEOFC 06 group, but maybe he was part of that group. And I don't recall seeing anyone from Bartlesville that I was particularly impressed with when I saw them play this season. As a team they were good in the air which was a hallmark of their core which was that NEOFC 06 group (believe they were coached by the OK Wesleyan coach).

Never heard of the kid and I don't recognize him from the NEOFC 06 group, but maybe he was part of that group. And I don't recall seeing anyone from Bartlesville that I was particularly impressed with when I saw them play this season. As a team they were good in the air which was a hallmark of their core which was that NEOFC 06 group (believe they were coached by the OK Wesleyan coach).
He was a part of that group. I have seen him multiple years with an Neofc team. He played with them in fall TSC tournament against a Dallas team they smashed on. There was about 10 different college watching the game and there was no else special on the field. I did not take him to have the technical ability to play division 1, but speed and athleticism for sure. It will be interesting to watch him.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Even if a player can’t consistently beat you technically off his first touch, you still have to account for that speed in a game often decided 1-nil. That opens space and frees up other players. Even if the player never touches the ball we’ve all seen teams cause havoc showing a streak or a diagonal that back lines simply can’t handle. So the whole line has to, or is tempted to, move back. Mac can feast on that in his system. This is a great pick up for TU that may never show up on the stat line.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT