ADVERTISEMENT

TU at NIU Game Thread

Run for no gain….

Run for loss….

Pass that’s short of the sticks…

Rinse repeat.

Can we not do a play action on 1st or 2nd down?

Even if we were to pull out a win today, not promising for a bowl game We need Braxton to get healthy and show us if he has anything.
Okay, talking about a bowl game literally made me laugh so hard my wife came in to check on me

Cardell is terrible. He's just not bright enough. He has no understanding of the game. Throwing the ball to an NIU defender while he has 2 wide open receivers is weird.

Play Fuller. This may get ugly.

Reactions: TulsaAM
Discipline isn’t just going to class or running faster while an adult screams at you.

It’s running the play that is called, understanding you don’t have a deep threat clearing out other routes, and not giving away balls with your eyes, late throws, and improvisations.

Some of y’all owe Spurrier an apology for thinking Fuller was the better option. That might be true, might not, but this option is not viable.

Cardell is terrible. He's just not bright enough. He has no understanding of the game. Throwing the ball to an NIU defender while he has 2 wide open receivers is weird.

Play Fuller. This may get ugly.
Nah. At this point put in Kittleman (or however it's spelled). Try to build for the future.

Discipline isn’t just going to class or running faster while an adult screams at you.

It’s running the play that is called, understanding you don’t have a deep threat clearing out other routes, and not giving away balls with your eyes, late throws, and improvisations.

Some of y’all owe Spurrier an apology for thinking Fuller was the better option. That might be true, might not, but this option is not viable.
No…. Fuller is terrible too. The coaches owe us an apology for not getting a QB and letting ours leave for Georgia

This game is about to get ugly for TU.
NIU is much faster. So much faster.
Our position players are slower than NIU's LBs.

All around bad performance so far. Williams seems to lock onto his targets and dances around way too quickly. Play calling has seemed like Monty is back calling plays. Defense has been ok but that's about it

Only because it is not making much happen. I believe this is personnel, which is what I am going to call them now because the NCAA is semi-pro football now.
Meh. The scheme isn’t a winning one if the personnel can’t run it.

Good schemes can over one some personnel deficiencies.

Play calling has gotten worse, but Williams is just a few steps behind mentally

Meh. The scheme isn’t a winning one if the personnel can’t run it.

Good schemes can over one some personnel deficiencies.
We don’t have the personnel to run the current scheme.

The Briles offense needs particular types of players. Many of whom, especially along the line, aren’t complete football players.

This is no different than Haith and his roster of dudes who could do certain things well but had no business playing major college basketball.

Konkol tried to use them and it just didn’t work.

Sadly, I think we are seeing the same thing and I didn’t think that was case starting the year.

Our defense has 4 down linemen either hurt or ineligible now.

It would be nice if they got just a little help from the other side of the ball.

We don’t have the personnel to run the current scheme.

The Briles offense needs particular types of players. Many of whom, especially along the line, aren’t complete football players.

This is no different than Haith and his roster of dudes who could do certain things well but had no business playing major college basketball.

Konkol tried to use them and it just didn’t work.

Sadly, I think we are seeing the same thing and I didn’t think that was case starting the year.
I understand why KW insisted on that 5 year contract now.

The holding and chop blocking was bad from the start. It’s especially bad right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT