ADVERTISEMENT

TU at NIU Game Thread

And NIU kicks the ball out of bounds! It's the Toilet Bowl back from my John Maybe days!

Real question after that toss play... if you toss the ball FORWARD is it considered a pass or is it illegal?

Tulsa with the 1st Quarter lead improves from 49 - 3 to 49 - 5 in the 1st this year. I have to laugh to keep from crying. I used to bleed gold and blue, now I just bleed

A toss forward behind the line is still a pass.
Then I get the play. RB 7 yards behind the line and QB tosses it to him forward as the RB runs full steam ahead. If he drops it, incompletion. If he hit an outside hole like a freight train you can pick up some good yards.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
Then I get the play. RB 7 yards behind the line and QB tosses it to him forward as the RB runs full steam ahead. If he drops it, incompletion. If he hit an outside hole like a freight train you can pick up some good yards.
UH use to run the back in motion in front of the QB in shotgun. He would touch pass to the back. If he dropped it was incomplete.

Reactions: TulsaAM
TOUCHDOWN TU! Now that was a well called, well executed, drive on a short field. Nice job

Reactions: TU1NNJ
UH use to run the back in motion in front of the QB in shotgun. He would touch pass to the back. If he dropped it was incomplete.
I remember that. TU did it with Stokes if I remember correctly. I see the Academies use that play, but I think one of them (maybe Army) runs a version of the Veer. It's been a while since I cared enough about football to keep those facts in my head.

I remember that. TU did it with Stokes if I remember correctly. I see the Academies use that play, but I think one of them (maybe Army) runs a version of the Veer. It's been a while since I cared enough about football to keep those facts in my head.
We got the unfortunate side of that call when Boise State played in Tulsa. They fumbled and had it called incomplete.

We really had 2 nice drives in a row. It’s just that the first one ended in a fumble after we had driven 74 yards. We need to keep the momentum going!

TD for NIU after an 11:03 drive on a well-designed play makes it 9 -7

If the QB runs the play that is called, doesn’t telegraph his eyes, and doesn’t throw late we will be OK in the second half.

Reactions: TulsaAM and TU1NNJ
Up by 2 and calling a pass on 3rd and 4 under 2 minutes in your own half in a game with minimal scoring and you’ve had success with edge running? Questionable.

18 was open and could have made the first... poor decision on the part of Williams. Game is just a little faster than he is at this point. But the play calling is there. The execution is hit or miss, which is expected given the age and experience of the team.

Up by 2 and calling a pass on 3rd and 4 under 2 minutes in your own half in a game with minimal scoring and you’ve had success with edge running? Questionable.
He had a player open for the first and didn't make it through his progressions in time. He should have dropped his third read given the situation and use the safety valve to make the first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT