ADVERTISEMENT

TU at ECU

Nice to see innovation on offense for a change, thought it was called back that was a good designed play by ECU.

Again, Monty needs to go regardless of the result of this game.

How many penalties and yards are we up to now?

And these refs suck a$$!

Reactions: TU 1978
I am trying so hard not to see all our mistakes in a 35 to 10 game we are winning... but I think I have been conditioned over the season to see us lose games because of those mistakes...

99.9% probability to win. Brooks 202 yards on 16 carry’s

Okay, technology has made officiating football way to complicated... it is really destroying the game

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU INTERFERE WITH A RECEIVER WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE BALL!?!?!?!?

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU INTERFERE WITH A RECEIVER WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE BALL!?!?!?!?
Yeah, need an ole' fashion "bump" coverage on ECU #5 there... just need to pick who on the Tulsa team causes the "distraction" to pull the refs eyes his way

Okay, technology has made officiating football way to complicated... it is really destroying the game
It’s ruining every sport. The need to be absolutely correct has made it so the referees don’t even have to try to do their best anymore knowing they’ll get bailed out. Same in soccer. The NBA reviews are a special type of awful as the last 2 minutes took an eternity before, now I am dying and being reincarnated in the time it takes to play the final 2 minutes of an NBA game. And the thing that pisses me off even more is they can’t even waste the 3-4 minutes reviewing the call and get it right every time.

Clear and obvious. If you have to watch it 20 times, draw pencil lines, and see it from 10 angles at a 1/3 speed rate...guess what? It’s not clear and obvious.

Reactions: TulsaAM
I’m still sticking to #FireMonty. Allie Green is talking so much gas right now already on an unsportsmanlike penalty. Add to that we’re 3-8. When your record is that bad there is no room to talk crap towards anyone. Win more then you can talk.

Reactions: TulsaAM and TU1NNJ
I’m still sticking to #FireMonty. Allie Green is talking so much gas right now already on an unsportsmanlike penalty. Add to that we’re 3-8. When your record is that bad there is no room to talk crap towards anyone. Win more then you can talk.
I've been using #FIREMONTGOMERY on my final score posts on Facebook and also the game posts from the University... They usually delete them

Reactions: TU1NNJ
If Monty doesn’t play reserves at this point he is foolish. Game in hand and these players work hard all year as well.

Reactions: TU Pilot
What an ugly game to close out the Montgomery debacle at Tulsa.

#FireMonty

I know we are up 42 to 17 and Smith had a big first half... but I am not going to change my feeling that Boomer would have been a better choice for us as a starter this year. The threat of a QB taking off out of the pocket who have taken some pressure off this young offensive line by slowing down the rush.

Or am I wrong? Again, it'a a big win and I'm am being a downer but I have seen these "last game win so it's not our worst season ever saving the coaches job games" many times before...

Throwing for another TD up 25 is awfully Graham-like. Wonder if Monty knows he's done and is just saying eff it

Reactions: TU_BLA
Putting in a number of reserves but not a QB! Why? Game is in hand and will mainly run the ball the rest of the way.

Had to look up who Ethan Hall was. Didn't even remember him as a recruit from last year.

I know we are up 42 to 17 and Smith had a big first half... but I am not going to change my feeling that Boomer would have been a better choice for us as a starter this year. The threat of a QB taking off out of the pocket who have taken some pressure off this young offensive line by slowing down the rush.

Or am I wrong? Again, it'a a big win and I'm am being a downer but I have seen these "last game win so it's not our worst season ever saving the coaches job games" many times before...
Smith’s arm and delivery are much better to run the slants. Boomer would have been better suited to turn some of the sacks into more minimal losses or extend the plays, but Smith’s presence and ability to make every throw is, IMHO, better suited to run the offense and gives you more options versus just Boomer’s ability to extend the play a couple of extra seconds.

Smith’s arm and delivery are much better to run the slants. Boomer would have been better suited to turn some of the sacks into more minimal losses or extend the plays, but Smith’s presence and ability to make every throw is, IMHO, better suited to run the offense and gives you more options versus just Boomer’s ability to extend the play a couple of extra seconds.
I disagree with that... we didn't throw slants much this season because of the O-Lines inability to block down on the end to keep them from getting hands in the passing lanes and Smith's accuracy has been atrocious on slants (and I'm being kind with atrocious). Smith obviously fits into Monty's offense which is not the offense Tulsa had the players to execute. You didn't need a dynamic offense when you had this defense, you needed a drive extender like Boomer and not a home run hitter like Smith.

So I guess I am saying that Boomer should have been the starter because Monty needed to change his offense to fit the players he had instead of beating his head against the wall all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT