ADVERTISEMENT

TU at ECU

They run blitzed the gaps. As soon as TK came up on the right ECU knew the play. That's on Monty's play calling when you don't even hide that.
Yep if u have 7 blockers and 8 or 9 rushers...pretty easy numbers game. Hell madden 20 TEACHES 10 year olds how to read the defense and learn when to run or pass...

Maybe monty just needs to play madden once a week.

Monty is also the one who calls all the rushing plays on short downs from the shotgun. It makes sense if you might actually throw or jet sweep or literally anything other than run up the middle. But we only run up the middle in those situations. So put in a power package, line up under center, and freaking execute for once.

Yet more proof for Monty that a field goal kicker is a weapon and important.

Brooks has about 100 yards and a TD throw to Crawford!

We have wasted most of Brooks career and continue to not use him properly. It's a shame.

S.O.B.!! Touchdown

On a busted coverage but I will take it and glad we could execute to exploit the mistake.

Longest pass play of the year to boot.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TUBixby
If Monty tenure depends on the outcome of this game. Do we still want to win?

Monty is also the one who calls all the rushing plays on short downs from the shotgun. It makes sense if you might actually throw or jet sweep or literally anything other than run up the middle. But we only run up the middle in those situations. So put in a power package, line up under center, and freaking execute for once.

Yes, and at least, let your RB getting a running start for the one yard or less.

Reactions: TU1NNJ and TU Pilot
If Monty tenure depends on the outcome of this game. Do we still want to win?
I don’t believe that his tenure depends on the outcome, but it is harder to fire a guy after a win. But that has crossed my mind as well.

Reactions: TUBixby
Matchup
i
i

1st Downs 5 6
3rd down efficiency 0-3 0-4
4th down efficiency 0-1 0-0
Total Yards 181 97
Passing 104 52
Comp-Att 7-9 6-13
Yards per pass 11.6 4.0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 77 45
Rushing Attempts 8 10
Yards per rush 9.6 4.5
Penalties 2-22 1-10
Turnovers 0 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 6:58 8:02

The backup QB is always everyone’s favorite player. Put in Bower!
Smith is injured, season is over, Boomer did great against UCF, and Brin hasn't seen a snap... So why not put them in? They get playing time so if Smith is injured next year they have a little more experience

ECU is really, really bad. I remember when they were very good, and they came to town. Their offensive and defensive linemen were huge. I remember being blown away how much bigger and more athletic they were than us at the time. Early CUSA days.

ECU is really, really bad. I remember when they were very good, and they came to town. Their offensive and defensive linemen were huge. I remember being blown away how much bigger and more athletic they were than us at the time. Early CUSA days.
Houston inherited a poor team but their is talent at ECU. Our D is playing well. Over the last 4 weeks ECU has put up a lot of yards per game!

When Zach does have time, he throws a nice ball. That's three very good passes from him in a row. I doubt ECU continues not to blitz him.

I don’t believe that his tenure depends on the outcome, but it is harder to fire a guy after a win. But that has crossed my mind as well.
Mizzou just did
And Mizzou is going to a bowl game and was 5-1 at one point in the season (and ranked). And Mizzou will never realistically win the SEC or their division in the SEC.

Houston fires coaches for going 7-5.

We need coaches to fail miserably 3 or more years in a row before we fire them.

I don't understand Monty. It's like he forgets what forward pass is then all of the sudden it's the only he calls and we run the HUNH without the stupid check with me crap... Then the next series he forgets again.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
I don't understand Monty. It's like he forgets what forward pass is then all of the sudden it's the only he calls and we run the HUNH without the stupid check with me crap... Then the next series he forgets again.
So true. Really bizarre how he does that.

Really wish it was boomer
Why? Smith has clearly shown he is the better quarterback this season. Boomer might be able to run better but that doesn’t help hit the 10 yard slants and Smith throws that route exceptionally well.

And it doesn’t matter who the QB is if the OL can’t block anyone.

We never use the stretch play for Shamari but we will with Corey Taylor, twice.

Official face palm for Monty

By the way, this defense is pretty damn solid and can on occasion be damn good. I will miss their play.
There will be very little drop off on D next season unless we switch the philosophy completely. Our D has some actual solid depth.

What is up with the logo on our helmets? It’s got like stripes running through it or something. Where is the hurricane flag? Quit jacking with tradition.

Wow, Brooks up the middle.

How about a stretch play here for him Monty.

I do think we need to see Lovick out of the backfield on a couple of series to see what he can do.

After watching Memphis own Cincinnati yesterday and with this game, it is apparent how much stronger the west division of the AAC is than the east.

Reactions: TU4ever2
Well. Good overall game so far. Sucks that it's hard top enjoy knowing next year likely won't be any better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT