ADVERTISEMENT

TU at ECU

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
The rain messed up my golf this AM. It has moved into Greenville as well so it may be sloppy conditions. It will be interesting to see how both teams respond. Go TU beat EZU (as the locals call it in NC)!

Oh goody. Another monty meltdown and an offseason that will be full of pessimism and disappointment.

Coach on pregame show:

"We've been pretty good at special teams this year, last week was kind of a let down there."

So my guess is he doesn't consider place kicking part of special teams?

Also expects to see more defense like last week, where they load the box and we have to pass more.

Anyone think he'll not run up the middle on 95% of our first downs anyway?

Reactions: TU_BLA
Coach on pregame show:

"We've been pretty good at special teams this year, last week was kind of a let down there."

So my guess is he doesn't consider place kicking part of special teams?

Also expects to see more defense like last week, where they load the box and we have to pass more.

Anyone think he'll not run up the middle on 95% of our first downs anyway?
I wouldn’t take that bet with another persons money!

Reactions: TU4ever2
Hahaha. Oline said nope! If only monty had a brain and called a pa to tk and throw to the flat.

Whoops. Three runs up the middle. 4 yard gain. No gain. 3 yard loss.

I'd be surprised but this has been the game plan all five years of Monty.

By the way, this defense is pretty damn solid and can on occasion be damn good. I will miss their play.

Off topic, but does anyone else have trouble with the pages not loading completely? Makes it hard to refresh pages.

That would be a hard catch. Stokes momentum was away from where the ball was thrown. Tough to bring it in going one way and ball behind you. Smith had to throw before he was ready.

I still cant believe that in all those years as Art's lackey that he didnt at least take the playbook to Kinkos and make a copy for himself..

Briles doesn't have a playbook....or at least that's what he told Monty.

Tulsa doesn't have a playbook either, of course when its run up the middle twice and pass on 3rd and long you really don't need one do you?

So far ECU's only first down came when Ahlers had to bail out on a pass and scrambled for a about 12.

On that first drive it was the O-line that blew it rather than Monty. On 4th and 1 how do you let 2 guys through untouched. TK gets to the line and I’m betting he fights for that first but he was hit as soon as he got the ball.

Smith needs to be benched. He's injured and it shows. He hesitates to run and doesn't throw the ball away, resulting in sacks and fumbles. Most of that is on the line, but that last one was him just sitting in the pocket.

On that first drive it was the O-line that blew it rather than Monty. On 4th and 1 how do you let 2 guys through untouched. TK gets to the line and I’m betting he fights for that first but he was hit as soon as he got the ball.

They run blitzed the gaps. As soon as TK came up on the right ECU knew the play. That's on Monty's play calling when you don't even hide that.

Reactions: maverickfp
Agree about benching Smith. He is completely immobile. He never had any pocket awareness even on his best days, but it is really detrimental now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT