ADVERTISEMENT

TU’s new AD must be a dynamic fundraiser

Tulsafanzz

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Apr 22, 2006
As much as most of us don’t like it, the reality is NIL is here to stay. NIL is a huge part of athletic success. TU just lost its top men’s & top women’s basketball player. TU must hire a dynamic fundraiser as their new athletic director.

TU has a small alumni base, but is the best sports entertainment option in a metro area of over 1 million people. TU must find a way to attract new fans and donors that are not alumni. We need a dynamic fundraiser to connect with the Tulsa area business community.

If we are to have athletic success in today’s NIL world we must truly become Tulsa’s team. That starts with hiring a new AD that has the personality and energy to lead that drive.

Reactions: I.I.
you want a homerun? i'm serious. appoint a Cadieux strictly for fundraising
You don't even have to do that. Figure out a way to get Sodexo out of the athletics concessions side of things and partner with QT to put their QT kitchens in the DonRey and at Skelly and take over concessions. QT in turn returns a lot of what they're going to make off of that deal to TU for NIL and other university funding. Hell, offer to paint the QT logo on top of the Don Rey so everyone who flies into Tulsa sees it. Not sure what the arrangement was with the Reynolds foundation for the naming of the Reynold's Center but we're 25 years in and most naming agreements for donations like that are for 10 years if it's not a strict naming rights agreement. We could even call the arena the Big Q. Hell, I need to be in charge of selling this idea to QT.

You don't even have to do that. Figure out a way to get Sodexo out of the athletics concessions side of things and partner with QT to put their QT kitchens in the DonRey and at Skelly and take over concessions. QT in turn returns a lot of what they're going to make off of that deal to TU for NIL and other university funding. Hell, offer to paint the QT logo on top of the Don Rey so everyone who flies into Tulsa sees it. Not sure what the arrangement was with the Reynolds foundation for the naming of the Reynold's Center but we're 25 years in and most naming agreements for donations like that are for 10 years if it's not a strict naming rights agreement. We could even call the arena the Big Q. Hell, I need to be in charge of selling this idea to QT.
!
Season 8 Episode 22 GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Holy kick ass ideas!!!!!

Reactions: drboobay
TU_BLA …. Can you post this on President Carson’s door? Gold Medal Idea…… Contracts may prevent this idea but fantastic thinking !

TU_BLA …. Can you post this on President Carson’s door? Gold Medal Idea…… Contracts may prevent this idea but fantastic thinking !

Or, if someone has President Carson’s email address, send it directly to him!

Reactions: Weatherdemon
At least send him an email on the subject. But dropping by his office would be better. Hopefully they have somebody in the athletic dept. looking at the boards tho.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
Y’all would be very surprised who reads this board. I think it’s hilarious when some of you insult them and they respond back agreeing with you and you have no idea you are being toyed with.

Y’all would be very surprised who reads this board. I think it’s hilarious when some of you insult them and they respond back agreeing with you and you have no idea you are being toyed with.
Please tell me one of them is not aTUfan?

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
I did see an assistant coach typing a response for our message board at one time. I don't know what name he used. You can assume your posts are being read by everyone. Some have been very solid suggestions and you see results accordingly. I remember a couple of posts by strong basketball posters recommending Wojcik get Jerome Jordan more playing time (He was only on the bench at that time) and lo and behold he got 12-15 minutes the next game, was brilliant, and Wojcik never looked back. There are some very astute Football and Basketball people on here , some who have coached at a significant level.

QT....walmart....love em.....gotta go get some gas at QT.....need some groceries from walmart.....QT has great hotdogs.....getcha a gas can from walmart and fill it up at QT....anybody else need some stuff from QT or walmart....let's go........

:TU: :TU::TU::TU:

QT....walmart....love em.....gotta go get some gas at QT.....need some groceries from walmart.....QT has great hotdogs.....getcha a gas can from walmart and fill it up at QT....anybody else need some stuff from QT or walmart....let's go........

:TU: :TU::TU::TU:
I hear BOK is a good bank.

I did see an assistant coach typing a response for our message board at one time. I don't know what name he used. You can assume your posts are being read by everyone. Some have been very solid suggestions and you see results accordingly. I remember a couple of posts by strong basketball posters recommending Wojcik get Jerome Jordan more playing time (He was only on the bench at that time) and lo and behold he got 12-15 minutes the next game, was brilliant, and Wojcik never looked back. There are some very astute Football and Basketball people on here , some who have coached at a significant level.
TU has payed close attention to these boards starting with TSW.
There was a lot of intentional bait put on here to gauge fan reaction and/or for misdirection.

Not sure what the arrangement was with the Reynolds foundation for the naming of the Reynold's Center but we're 25 years in and most naming agreements for donations like that are for 10 years if it's not a strict naming rights agreement. We could even call the arena the Big Q. Hell, I need to be in charge of selling this idea to QT.
It’s an endowed gift with restrictions, not a naming rights agreement. I doubt they could change the name of the stadium or paint the roof like that without a reversion of the gift or a new dedication document.

TU had to get the Skelly family to agree to the renaming of the stadium and that wasn’t easy. And included retaining the name Skelly Field.

Not that TU wants billboards on its roof. There’s ways to negotiate favorable relationships with local businesses that doesn’t involve carnival barking.

And TU has done that with QT and others. Those relationships will continue and hopefully expand with the new leadership in the fundraising department on the academic side and hopefully the athletics side as well.

It’s an endowed gift with restrictions, not a naming rights agreement. I doubt they could change the name of the stadium or paint the roof like that without a reversion of the gift or a new dedication document.

TU had to get the Skelly family to agree to the renaming of the stadium and that wasn’t easy. And included retaining the name Skelly Field.

Not that TU wants billboards on its roof. There’s ways to negotiate favorable relationships with local businesses that doesn’t involve carnival barking.

And TU has done that with QT and others. Those relationships will continue and hopefully expand with the new leadership in the fundraising department on the academic side and hopefully the athletics side as well.
I still like calling it skelly field, but refer to Chapman cuz everybody else knows that now. Will never refer to both, too long and drawn out. Also am mostly a lazy hunt n peck typist.

I’m sure President Carson is made aware of the fans and alumni message boards. He has responded very positively to several suggestions on here.

He also gives out his personal cell phone number to students and parents during freshman orientation and reads and responds nightly to each text he receives.

You still did not answer my question. 😜

I wouldn't doubt that he did. I wouldn't doubt that maybe his wife didn't troll us either.
I am 100% sure Penni posted on here back in the day. She was really good friends with one of the RDs on staff back then and the RD said Penni was pissed about something someone posted about TGs unstable personality on the sideline

Reactions: HuffyCane
He also gives out his personal cell phone number to students and parents during freshman orientation and reads and responds nightly to each text he receives.
So as someone who works in college administration, I cannot tell you the anxiety it gives me that parents/students have a direct line to the President of any university. As we all know, when things come down from the top they are usually over reactionary and they fall hard on the person below and so forth until it lands where it finally needs to be at to work on a solution, but by this time it's a ****ing avalanche of misinformation and incorrect understandings of what was actually told to the student. ORU operated on this idea that this was the best way to get things done. And everything was an overreaction, many times the individuals who could actually help the student with their situation had never been approached but Wilson automatically assumed that the reason the parents/students were calling him was because they didn't find satisfaction elsewhere when the fact is, they just figured they would start at the top. I can't help you with your housing situation if you don't come and tell me so don't go and tell the head guy that no one has helped you. You haven't asked. Lawless used to call and ask if this person had come to talk with us about the situation and if we said no, he'd say, I'm sending them to you, if you can help them now, great, if not, give them some options and the policy. He'd then ask us what we could do and when so he'd be in the loop and he could say housing will help you when it's the appropriate time (most frequently they wanted a room change into a room that didn't have any space in it b/c someone was assigned to the room but hadn't arrived yet....at ORU I was asked on numerous occasions by the president's office to just reassign that person to another space and accommodate the student complaining about it). Sorry...rant over. I'm all for customer service but let the people who can actually help the student be the first line.

So as someone who works in college administration, I cannot tell you the anxiety it gives me that parents/students have a direct line to the President of any university. As we all know, when things come down from the top they are usually over reactionary and they fall hard on the person below and so forth until it lands where it finally needs to be at to work on a solution, but by this time it's a ****ing avalanche of misinformation and incorrect understandings of what was actually told to the student. ORU operated on this idea that this was the best way to get things done. And everything was an overreaction, many times the individuals who could actually help the student with their situation had never been approached but Wilson automatically assumed that the reason the parents/students were calling him was because they didn't find satisfaction elsewhere when the fact is, they just figured they would start at the top. I can't help you with your housing situation if you don't come and tell me so don't go and tell the head guy that no one has helped you. You haven't asked. Lawless used to call and ask if this person had come to talk with us about the situation and if we said no, he'd say, I'm sending them to you, if you can help them now, great, if not, give them some options and the policy. He'd then ask us what we could do and when so he'd be in the loop and he could say housing will help you when it's the appropriate time (most frequently they wanted a room change into a room that didn't have any space in it b/c someone was assigned to the room but hadn't arrived yet....at ORU I was asked on numerous occasions by the president's office to just reassign that person to another space and accommodate the student complaining about it). Sorry...rant over. I'm all for customer service but let the people who can actually help the student be the first line.
None of those people are the Superhero that Brad Carson is. He ran HR at the world’s largest business, the Pentagon. He can deal with complaints at a small school and the people who make them.

I am 100% sure Penni posted on here back in the day. She was really good friends with one of the RDs on staff back then and the RD said Penni was pissed about something someone posted about TGs unstable personality on the sideline
Iirc, we had a poster who was able to somehow confirm that. Which is one of the reasons I think TG was a poster. She defended TG and something someone posted in support of him. Way too long ago. What an era of the interwebs though. It’s been fifteen years or more since any of us has gotten a cease and desist letter from yahoo, a challenge to a fight in Dallas, or people in Louisville posting our private info on line.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT