ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Phipps Decommits

The NBA will find you. The school you attend determining your draft position is largely overblown. As far as Bryce, he will sign with one of the following....Kansas, Oklahoma State or Oklahoma.

I can live with him going to ku, but it’s gonna be hard if he goes to one of the others though.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU_BLA
There's no doubt this board will be a little surly should Bryce pick one of the in-state schools.

I’ve said it before but that seriously sucks. I think he could have been a star here.

The kid just looks like a royal douchebag too. Good riddence.
I seriously want to go on and reply to his tweet: Commit- <insert definition here> with a "you shouldn't use words you don't understand" comment...but that makes me look like an a$$ while he gets to be a 17 year old who doesn't know what he wants

Peer pressure has done this kid in. Great shooter but many more minutes at TU and a better education. All his buddies on the summer circuit were telling him to get out of his commitment to TU. It was whispered to the OU assistants that Phipps would sign with them if offered and the "deal" was in motion. Daddy enjoyed playing along and dragging Frank along for 2 years. The family has lost all credibility IMHO.

Peer pressure has done this kid in. Great shooter but many more minutes at TU and a better education. All his buddies on the summer circuit were telling him to get out of his commitment to TU. It was whispered to the OU assistants that Phipps would sign with them if offered and the "deal" was in motion. Daddy enjoyed playing along and dragging Frank along for 2 years. The family has lost all credibility IMHO.

Whole family full of dishonest assholes

Nah. They’re a bunch of dbags for this crap. I’ve heard a lot of the same stuff and they knew it was not a true commitment.

Reactions: t-townpod
Maybe we have someone other than Shake to complain about now. At least he never committed here.

Jesus. I know we’re all mad but can’t we just say good riddance instead of insulting the kid’s entire family. Whether they deserve it or not?

It’s a real bad look guys.

Put yourself in Frank's shoes for the past two years. Every time he sees a similar shooter, he has to pass since he has what everyone thought was a solid commitment at that position. He still spent loads of time and money after the commitment on Trey. You may hate Frank but he saw enough in Trey to offer him a scholarship and degree worth over a quarter of a million dollars at TU when no one else cared. He stuck with his side of the deal.

Jesus. I know we’re all mad but can’t we just say good riddance instead of insulting the kid’s entire family. Whether they deserve it or not?

It’s a real bad look guys.

I’m just thankful we have a team full of young men who never had second thoughts about playing for the college where they first committed. Can’t imagine what some of our posters would say about them and their families.

I’m as upset as anyone with this turn of events. However, trashing the kid and his father (who is the head coach at BTW btw) is a bad look. There will be other D1 players coming from that school in the near future. We should keep that in mind

I’m just thankful we have a team full of young men who never had second thoughts about playing for the college where they first committed. Can’t imagine what some of our posters would say about them and their families.

I’m as upset as anyone with this turn of events. However, trashing the kid and his father (who is the head coach at BTW btw) is a bad look. There will be other D1 players coming from that school in the near future. We should keep that in mind
Last Booker player I remember was Antonio Reed and he decided to augment basketball with “Breaking Bad”

You know my feelings. This is on the TU administration, board down.

At a certain point maybe it's time to admit that all the local kids giving us the shaft isn't a problem that should be attributed to the kids.

888.jpg

His dad was quoted in the TW as saying no schools had contacted trey and he decommitted without any other offers or contact. Come on now.

I guess we know where he learned what committment means.

Good luck to him, I'd rather have the other commitments we have than him anyway. He's probably scared of playing against the big scary players of Cinn, Houston, and Memphis. This kid has Jordan Clarkson written all over him, just not as talented.

His dad was quoted in the TW as saying no schools had contacted trey and he decommitted without any other offers or contact. Come on now.

My guess is no one officially associated with OU talked to him...there are a ton of shady people around. That's why Archie Miller is going to lose his job and Arizona is going to end up on probation.

Is Amie back on here? My guess is there is a mutual associate of Kruger/Pooh (more likely Pooh) and Conley Phipps who put out a "true" hypothetical of "if OU offers would trey consider" and when the answer was "yes", said associate gave them specifics on what they needed to do.

The fact that it was more than likely Pooh pisses me off even more.

Reactions: t-townpod
My guess is Bryce told Phipps he wasn't going to TU and Phipps decided to open his commitment/take an offer from OU because of this.

I don’t follow recruiting too much. Was this a non binding verbal commitment that was broken or is there more to it than that.

Right!

From what I hear, Bryce and Phipps aren’t exactly best friends, so I don’t think that has anything to do with it.
Not sure this is accurate. Bryce's dad is very close to Conley. Reason he is coaching at BTW and not Sapulpa. Only reason they may want to attend different schools is Bryce May want to play point.

Not sure this is accurate. Bryce's dad is very close to Conley. Reason he is coaching at BTW and not Sapulpa. Only reason they may want to attend different schools is Bryce May want to play point.

I'm not sure Phipps will play the point in college. I certainly don't see him defending the point. He looks like more of a #2 to me.

I've heard there was some tension early last season about the green light Conley gave Trey. Bryce thought he should be getting more shots. I assume that got worked out.

His dad was quoted in the TW as saying no schools had contacted trey and he decommitted without any other offers or contact.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. !!!! I'm looking around to see if anyone raised their hand saying they believed this.......... No hands yet...............

At a certain point maybe it's time to admit that all the local kids giving us the shaft isn't a problem that should be attributed to the kids.
It'll be interesting to see what the recruiting pitch is now since TU has officially given up on being a top tier school."We'll make school as fun as a day spa and as easy as summer camp" might be attractive for non-athletes choosing between TU, NSU and TCC, which seems to be our target group, but quality athletes get that pampering anywhere. It won't stand out.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Last edited:
I would say 'his loss' to missing out on the personalized education at TU. Never had a class that was too large to know the instructor, nor a class taught by a grad student.

If he’s going to OU, education isn’t a very high priority.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT