ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2022-2023

Our LB core is thin now. I think Wright is the biggest loss. He has been our leading tackler and all around leader on D. Wish him well since he gave us his under grad years. Hate that he choose Pickens St. Would really like to have Ray stay. With his size could play SS, FS or LB. Wilson has done a very good job punting hopefully he will stay as well.
If we pulled away from the 3/3/5, I would love to see what Ray could do at linebacker. I think he might be really good there. Maybe at the Star position.

Some of this is absolutely PRICELESS.

With the spring semester starting next week, Wilson will return to Tulsa from Columbus and try to identify which of the Hurricane seniors will take advantage of the additional year of eligibility.

“I think we’re still going through that with some of those guys,” he said. “For example, some of those super seniors this past year did not do a very good job academically. It’s hurting our image and our APR ranking.”
Wilson said the fall semester for some TU players seemed to consist of “playing Fortnite and Call of Duty, and then going to football practice. Some of these guys are trying to decide whether they want to come back or not, and, maybe, do we want them or not? … We wanted just to solidify the roster and start in January, working together and building a community and a team of guys who want to fight."

Seems to me like you have a handle on it, but do we know anything about Anderson / Deneric Prince? They both declared for the draft I believe. If they receive a poor response from the league, can they return?
This guy must have received way too much attention as a youngster, or not received any.(not referring to any team members ;) )

Last edited:
Some of this is absolutely PRICELESS.

Was a good listen.

I caught him briefly mentioning academic problems last year. We all can probably figure out who they were.

There is the issue of Senior/Grads thinking bout skipping their last year of eligibility that was mentioned. I hope that doesn't hurt us terribly much.

As far as academic issues, skipping senior year, etc.: Hoping Herbert comes back. Bray is a small question mark in my mind.

Do we need a couple of three Safety's to add to the roster, or a couple of three DT's.(depending on what formation we go with)

All questions we will have to wait to have answered.(apologies for me wandering across subjects)

Reactions: eastcane
Was a good listen.

I caught him briefly mentioning academic problems last year. We all can probably figure out who they were.

There is the issue of Senior/Grads thinking bout skipping their last year of eligibility that was mentioned. I hope that doesn't hurt us terribly much.

As far as academic issues, skipping senior year, etc.: Hoping Herbert comes back. Bray is a small question mark in my mind.

Do we need a couple of three Safety's to add to the roster, or a couple of three DT's.(depending on what formation we go with)

All questions we will have to wait to have answered.
This is good too...

A few Hurricane players remain in the portal, perhaps seeing what their options are and contemplating a return to TU.
“They have the right to look around,” Wilson said. “You have the right to not renew their scholarship. It’s kind of a two-way street. You always want what’s best for the student-athlete, and I will support that, but you also have to do what’s best for the program and the university.”

Reactions: dlsnid
This is good too...

A few Hurricane players remain in the portal, perhaps seeing what their options are and contemplating a return to TU.
“They have the right to look around,” Wilson said. “You have the right to not renew their scholarship. It’s kind of a two-way street. You always want what’s best for the student-athlete, and I will support that, but you also have to do what’s best for the program and the university.”
Yeah, that was a quick little aside that was pretty funny. He's not terribly like him, but I see some similarities between him and Mr. Leach as far as interviews go. They both seem a little distracted too.

What's going on at OSU? In the last 24 hours, WR's John Paul Richardson, Bryson Green, and now Stephon Johnson have hit the portal.

• Love
Reactions: OKTornadoes
What's going on at OSU? In the last 24 hours, WR's John Paul Richardson, Bryson Green, and now Stephon Johnson have hit the portal.
Someone mentioned that the OC was fired/let go/not retained. Don't know the specifics but that might drive some guys away. Also there is an unsourced report that Spencer Sanders wanted to w/d from the portal and return to OSU and was told no and that might have prompted the WR exodus as well.

Goodlow is probably questioning what he has done. Gumby seems to have a Titanic situation ongoing. Dude is Captain Smith at the moment.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Spencer Sanders can’t find a place to land. As I’ve said before, the portal giveth and the portal taketh away.

Turns out she was spot on, also explains why the WR's are getting the hell out of Dodge, er, Stillwater.

Not the point. You can be right or wrong when you throw speculation out there, but she made a big deal a couple years back about how she’s above what the guys on this website do because real journalists don’t engage in speculation.

Last edited:
Not the point. You can be right or wrong when you throw speculation out there, but she made a big deal a couple years back about how she’s above what the guys on this website do because real journalists don’t engage in speculation.
I see, didn't know that history. Sanders was receiving a lot of NIL money to play at OSU, his entering the portal for a possible bigger deal at another was risky.

Gibbs would be a great signee. I believe he has an offer from Fresno State too. Here an NFL scouting report on him.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS​

• Flashes strength and leverage to bull rush tackles into the quarterback; able to rip inside or outside and reach the quarterback while engaged.
  • Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
  • Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #37. He wrote, "Injuries limited him to four games last season, but he was productive, making 15 tackles and three TFLs. In the offseason, Gibbs vertical-jumped 37 inches, got 10 feet in the broad jump and had a terrific 10-yard split of 1.58 seconds. He also bench pressed 400 pounds."
  • He’s explosive coming out of his stance, and Gibbs shows the ability to ward off blockers with quick, violent hands.
  • His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and he displays a very good motor.
  • He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Gibbs has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
  • He’s a high-motor player, and he shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.

A great hidden gem. Can he qualify?

Glad the coaching staff is out kicking tires and beating the bushes.

Gibbs would be a great signee. I believe he has an offer from Fresno State too. Here an NFL scouting report on him.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS​

• Flashes strength and leverage to bull rush tackles into the quarterback; able to rip inside or outside and reach the quarterback while engaged.
  • Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
  • Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #37. He wrote, "Injuries limited him to four games last season, but he was productive, making 15 tackles and three TFLs. In the offseason, Gibbs vertical-jumped 37 inches, got 10 feet in the broad jump and had a terrific 10-yard split of 1.58 seconds. He also bench pressed 400 pounds."
  • He’s explosive coming out of his stance, and Gibbs shows the ability to ward off blockers with quick, violent hands.
  • His spin move is already NFL-caliber, and he displays a very good motor.
  • He’s very good with his hands, a technician with the violence, quickness, and the long arms to ward off blockers. Gibbs has a great motor and enough creativity to make plays late in the down as a pass rusher.
  • He’s a high-motor player, and he shows good enough hand use, as well as a tight spin move, to win as an edge rusher.
I believe Bowling Green and James Madison are in on him too.

Should be really good next year with another year of recovery from that injury

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT