ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2022-2023

A couple of three people were looking at WR coming into the portal, and I said we might have to shed a receiver or two if we picked one up, because we have 14 on scholarship. I was thinking a 15th is really too many.

Guess what, I moved some folks around on my depth chart, and forgot about pasting one back into a spot. We actually have 15 on schollie now! I forgot to put Shoulders back on. So if we added another WR, it would be 16.

Tagged Spurrier Jr...both were, obviously, at Miss State together.

Last edited:
A big get! EDIA=twitter]1612590124608688128[/MEDIA]

This kid was an absolute stud in HS. Let's hope he gets some of that back.

Is BTW still a magnet school? If it is then it is possible for one student to go to one school and the other go to a different school. If it’s not then that shows how long I have been gone from TPS
It is but not based on academics necessarily. BTW's admissions is based on taking certain # of kids from certain zip codes. TPS did this about 20+ years ago after the SCOTUS ruling that schools couldn't admit students based on race just to achieve diversity (think it was a case involving the U of Michigan Law School).

Reactions: loca2874
It is but not based on academics necessarily. BTW's admissions is based on taking certain # of kids from certain zip codes. TPS did this about 20+ years ago after the SCOTUS ruling that schools couldn't admit students based on race just to achieve diversity (think it was a case involving the U of Michigan Law School).
I believe there is still an achievement test with a min threshold for admission. That is my recollection from 4 Years ago when we toured.

200w.gif

Priorities For Offense

1. Transfer portal tackle(s)
2. Depth at wide receiver
3. Depth at IOL

Priorities For Defense

1. Depth at Defensive Line
2. Depth, starter, at edge ends now that TU is going to a 4-2

Special Teams

1. Kicker
2. Punter

Depth at defensive back has been largely addressed?

Priorities For Offense

1. Transfer portal tackle(s)
2. Depth at wide receiver
3. Depth at IOL

Priorities For Defense

1. Depth at Defensive Line
2. Depth, starter, at edge ends now that TU is going to a 4-2

Special Teams

1. Kicker
2. Punter

Depth at defensive back has been largely addressed?
I mentioned it in a thread on here...can't remember which one....the next priority is offensive line. We have tons of weapons on offense and Wilson and Spurrier, Jr. are going to spread things out on people...we need to keep Braxton upright for at least a 3 count so he can make a play.

Reactions: Oak775
I mentioned it in a thread on here...can't remember which one....the next priority is offensive line. We have tons of weapons on offense and Wilson and Spurrier, Jr. are going to spread things out on people...we need to keep Braxton upright for at least a 3 count so he can make a play.
Don't we still need WRs? Maybe I'm blanking who we have here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT