ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2022-2023

Another Presti mistake shows up every time I watch the Thunder - trading up to get Poku when he could have waited and still drafted him plus another player who may have added some value.

This poor kid can’t get out of his own way.
You clearly haven't been watching. This rebuild is about patience and Poku has been pretty damn good this season.

Jalen Williams- a big time hit...disagree?

They're 2 games out of the play in....wanna bet next season after adding Chet, another year for the younger guys, and ANOTHER lottery pick we aren't top 6 or so in the west?

You clearly haven't been watching. This rebuild is about patience and Poku has been pretty damn good this season.

Jalen Williams- a big time hit...disagree?

They're 2 games out of the play in....wanna bet next season after adding Chet, another year for the younger guys, and ANOTHER lottery pick we aren't top 6 or so in the west?
I’ve been watching. Williams was a very good selection. I’m just not sold on Poku, although his dive for the loose ball last night with the game on the line was a nice play.

I just don’t think he’s worth what they gave up to get him, especially since he would have very likely still been available without trading up.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the other half of the Thin Towers is ready to play.

Not only are we not on the right institution,(U of Tulsa) we can't even keep on the right sport.

We're talking bout football portal here not basketball.

That is knowing your playing time was not going to be there with the new staff

I believe with the current draft rules either or both of these players can return if they aren’t drafted and have eligibility left.

RB is the most interchangeable position and if it weren’t for Covid they’d already be gone. Hope they do well

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
Not only are we not on the right institution,(U of Tulsa) we can't even keep on the right sport.

We're talking bout football portal here not basketball.
We’re dysfunctional. Haven’t had much to keep our attention for a while. Can you blame us when our models for the last ten years have been Levitt, Graig, Monty, and Haith. It’s gonna take us a while to snap out of it.

Hopefully they will give C Carolina, James Madison, and Marshall, somebody to contend with this year.

Reactions: drboobay
Hopefully they will give C Carolina, James Madison, and Marshall, somebody to contend with this year.
Sunbelt fans think they’ll be the 6th best conference next year (and moving forward)… they’re all over Twitter and that horrid aac board going on and on about it.

Normally I’d lol in their face, but with the teams coming in, it may be closer than a lot of us would like to admit.

Hopefully TU can right the ship and ascend to the upper 1/4 of the conference.

I'm thinking Brin should be at least as good as Vantrease was for them, and likely better, if he has equal personnel around him. They have two of their top 4 receivers who I believe are out of eligibility, and they have a WR coach who joined Hugh Freeze at Auburn. So one or both of the two with eligibility might transfer. And if their leading receiver doesn't transfer, he might skip his covid year. So we will see who he has around him to catch the ball next year.

Sunbelt fans think they’ll be the 6th best conference next year (and moving forward)… they’re all over Twitter and that horrid aac board going on and on about it.

Normally I’d lol in their face, but with the teams coming in, it may be closer than a lot of us would like to admit.

Hopefully TU can right the ship and ascend to the upper 1/4 of the conference.
they are a lot closer than many of us would like to admit but we are closer to the B12, PAC, B10 and ACC than those school fans would like to admit. Take out a few really dominant programs nationally (4-7 year in year out) and everything is pretty close. Tulane won 2 games last year and TCU wasn’t ranked until 5 weeks into the season.

So now we have Akporoghene(OL) and Ray(S) still in the portal.

Will be interesting to see if Ray pulls out. If he does transfer, and we go away from the 3/3/5 defense, then it would be more useful to replace him with a DT.

For our best interest, I think it would be good if Akporoghene transfers, and we pick up a couple of OT.

We lost an OL(Wade), DE(Goodlow), P(Wilson), LB(Wright), QB(Brin) to the portal. Seems like I'm forgetting one or two?

The first three could hurt a little. The last two, we can deal with. That's not bad, considering the coaching change, and the slow grind of waiting on Wilson for OSU's playoff game. And we only lost two recruits.

Reactions: drboobay

Will be interesting to see if Ray pulls out. If he does transfer, and we go away from the 3/3/5 defense, then it would be more useful to replace him with a DT.

For our best interest, I think it would be good if Akporoghene transfers, and we pick up a couple of OT.

We lost an OL(Wade), DE(Goodlow), P(Wilson), LB(Wright), QB(Brin) to the portal. Seems like I'm forgetting one or two?

The first three could hurt a little. The last two, we can deal with. That's not bad, considering the coaching change, and the slow grind of waiting on Wilson for OSU's playoff game. And we only lost two recruits.
Our LB core is thin now. I think Wright is the biggest loss. He has been our leading tackler and all around leader on D. Wish him well since he gave us his under grad years. Hate that he choose Pickens St. Would really like to have Ray stay. With his size could play SS, FS or LB. Wilson has done a very good job punting hopefully he will stay as well.

Our LB core is thin now. I think Wright is the biggest loss. He has been our leading tackler and all around leader on D. Wish him well since he gave us his under grad years. Hate that he choose Pickens St. Would really like to have Ray stay. With his size could play SS, FS or LB. Wilson has done a very good job punting hopefully he will stay as well.
I thought Wilson committed to Cal?

I thought Wilson committed to Cal?
I didn’t realize that
Yep! That's why I only included Akporoghene and Ray in the portal.

Those others listed are already 'lost' to greener(Cali?) and yellower(OSU) pastures.

The rest have pulled out of the portal, excepting Akporo(don't really want to spell his name again)ghene, and Ray.

That's my other reason for wanting him to transfer.(spelling) 😁 No I didn't mean Ray.

Last edited:
For some reason, I feel like Wilson/Guerrieri can replace Wright with an equal or better LB, than they can with Goodlow at DE.

Seems to me like you have a handle on it, but do we know anything about Anderson / Deneric Prince? They both declared for the draft I believe. If they receive a poor response from the league, can they return?

Seems to me like you have a handle on it, but do we know anything about Anderson / Deneric Prince? They both declared for the draft I believe. If they receive a poor response from the league, can they return?
Yes, both can return if they have eligibility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT