ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal 2022-2023

Not sure how you can be so reserved? It's pretty obvious the talent level is increasing fast and this is our best coaching staff in a long, long time.
I completely understand the reservation. Culture and willingness to play for the guy next to you has a great deal to do with taking that next step vs having the potential to take it. The dumpster fire that is Texas A&M had a loaded talent pool at the start of the season and an elite staff, but couldn't gel and play like a team.

I completely understand the reservation. Culture and willingness to play for the guy next to you has a great deal to do with taking that next step vs having the potential to take it. The dumpster fire that is Texas A&M had a loaded talent pool at the start of the season and an elite staff, but couldn't gel and play like a team.
They're also the kind of program who will hire Bobby Petrino out of desperation, so I'm not even coming close to comparing the two situations.

They're also the kind of program who will hire Bobby Petrino out of desperation, so I'm not even coming close to comparing the two situations.
You’re correct, but the toolbox was full and the couldn’t fix the problem, and as you alluded to, it’s a people problem. Until the staff gets to work on the culture component there should be some reservations. We won’t have a solid grasp until the team hits the field and both success and adversity are faced.

You’re correct, but the toolbox was full and the couldn’t fix the problem, and as you alluded to, it’s a people problem. Until the staff gets to work on the culture component there should be some reservations. We won’t have a solid grasp until the team hits the field and both success and adversity are faced.
I'm not even worried about the culture. Has anyone watched the coaches intro interviews? That new D-Coordinator is so personable, upbeat, and you can see why guys want to play for him. Same with Spurrier and his attitude. No reservations at all for me.

Not sure how you can be so reserved? It's pretty obvious the talent level is increasing fast and this is our best coaching staff in a long, long time.
Pretty easy. We have to replace our top 3 receivers. Maybe they are already on the team but one of our biggest issues last year was out OLine. They are going to be installing a different offense and a different defense. Now does it look like they are making noticeable moves? Yes. Will it work? We will see. Here is the thing. Some of you are over here doing cartwheels and backflips over all of this and they haven’t had a practice yet. Do I like the moves that are made! Yes for the most part. I will stay cautious until I see them play. Then I will gauge my excitement at that time. You guys keep pumping this up then you will be so high that if they come out and play flat the whole game you’re going to come down hard and crash like a junkie in the drunk tank. I’ll stay reserved

Last edited:
Pretty easy. We have to replace our top 3 receivers. Maybe they are already on the team but one of our biggest issues last year was out OLine. They are going to be installing a different offense and a different defense. Now does it look like they are making noticeable moves? Yes. Will it work? We will see. Here is the thing. Some of you are over here doing cartwheels and backflips over all of this and they haven’t had a practice yet. Do I like the moves that are made! Yes for the most part. I will stay cautious until I see them play. Then I will gauge my excitement at that time. You guys keep pumping this up then you will be so high that if they come out and play flat the whole game you’re going to come down hard and crash like a junkie in the drunk tank. I’ll stay reserved
That's all we have to go on right now. If some of the recruits didn't look this good, then we wouldn't be this excited. Getting a little excited about the recruiting is natural for now. When practice starts we can look at performance over recruiting ratings & videos. This 'high' doesn't necessarily carry on to the first game. Just wait for it, the negativity will come way before the first game. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: loca2874
That's all we have to go on right now. If some of the recruits didn't look this good, then we wouldn't be this excited. Getting a little excited about the recruiting is natural for now. When practice starts we can look at performance over recruiting ratings & videos. This 'high' doesn't necessarily carry on to the first game. Just wait for it, the negativity will come way before the first game. 😜

At least we have something to be excited about for a change. It’s been a long time!

I’m sticking with what I said earlier. I will withhold judgment until we play APB
Same here , I have been disappointed too many times when I thought a certain season would be “ the year “ only to end up being a terrible season

Reactions: loca2874
Pretty easy. We have to replace our top 3 receivers. Maybe they are already on the team but one of our biggest issues last year was out OLine. They are going to be installing a different offense and a different defense. Now does it look like they are making noticeable moves? Yes. Will it work? We will see. Here is the thing. Some of you are over here doing cartwheels and backflips over all of this and they haven’t had a practice yet. Do I like the moves that are made! Yes for the most part. I will stay cautious until I see them play. Then I will gauge my excitement at that time. You guys keep pumping this up then you will be so high that if they come out and play flat the whole game you’re going to come down hard and crash like a junkie in the drunk tank. I’ll stay reservedE

6’1” Corners is always welcome! Linebackers who were 10th best in the class of 2021 are also welcome! Talent on defense has increased. I’d love to see at least one good DT and one good EDGE but we still have plenty of time before the season starts.

Lol Still making it incredibly vague whether we will be 3/3/5 or 4/2/5. A second LB/DB recruit to go after, along with 2 DE, and no DT. Thanks for the hints.

Defense Statistics​

SeasonGPSOLOASTTOTTFL-YDSSACKS-YDSINTPDFFFRBLK
201710000-00-000000
201854260-00-000020
20194138214.5-221-1100000
2020-21393121-10-000000
2021116110016115.5-665-2402210
20221153409310-333.5-2302011
Total3514015329331-1229.5-5804241

Reactions: TU_BLA
Starting to look like we could be staying with the 3/3/5. That would put us at 4.5 deep at a minimum with just two spots on the LB pos if we went to the 4/2/5. I have a feeling Elijah Wilson will commit second session. And we haven't heard a thing about any DT's being recruited.

Starting to look like we could be staying with the 3/3/5. That would put us at 4.5 deep at a minimum with just two spots on the LB pos if we went to the 4/2/5. I have a feeling Elijah Wilson will commit second session. And we haven't heard a thing about any DT's being recruited.

Defense Statistics​

SeasonGPSOLOASTTOTTFL-YDSSACKS-YDSINTPDFFFRBLK
201710000-00-000000
201854260-00-000020
20194138214.5-221-1100000
2020-21393121-10-000000
2021116110016115.5-665-2402210
20221153409310-333.5-2302011
Total3514015329331-1229.5-5804241
Smith looks like he has a real good motor, and moves well laterally.

My thoughts exactly. Wonder why he went lower division out of high school...definitely has a D1 motor and his feet are exceptional.
Looking at his career numbers, he steadily improved. Maybe he was a late bloomer/ grower. It's a double-edged sword with these one year transfers, nice to have the experience but he has to contribute immediately.

Reactions: TU_BLA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT