ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Graham and Bubba Cunningham

Tuloma

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Jun 30, 2004
Did Bubba hire Graham while at TU? The reason I ask, is with the North Carolina job being open, I am wondering if Bubba would go after Graham?

Bubba hired Graham back from Rice. Graham was DC under Kragthorpe. Luster was wearing off K and then he got hired away. Bubba raised money through ND and other connections to keep Kragthorpe. Then he got same money to hire Graham. It was a brilliant move at the time. Graham’s first moves were to get Herb Hand and Malzahn. No one took the HUNH seriously to that point. We found gold.

No way he hires him at UNC to coach football. If they have a program where you cuss in front of your preacher or piss off university staff, then yes. And I say that as one of the foremost Graham fans on here.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I can’t imagine NC hiring a guy who got fired from a school that NC considers at best to be a horizontal move.

Stead hired Graham. Graham was on staff when Stead came to campus. They knew each other for several years. Graham left a month after Bubba was hired. Stead made the decision on who to offer. Graham was the number one target.

I heard Mr. Warren was very upset when Kragthorpe left for Louisville & pushed for using Kragthorpe’s offer to be offered to Graham.

What changes can we make to improve.

Hire an OC. That would be the biggest change with the greatest impact.

It would free up Monty in game for decisions and give him outside perspective.

Any chances Rice hires TG for next season? Because I have an idea.

Afraid not, we'll be hoping for someone to have a collapse. Maybe UNT will randomly be horrible. Or Spav will dominate at Texas St and bring the Milkman in with him?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT