ADVERTISEMENT

An Alignment Idea

OKTornadoes

I.T.S. Freshman
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2022
I am hoping if the conference shuffling isn't finished, and the PAC12 brand somehow has viability, that we could see something like the following:

Tulsa
Tulane
Memphis
Army
UNLV
Navy
Boise State
Air Force
Oregon State
Washington State
Hawaii
Colorado State
Wyoming
UTSA
USF
Rice

A divisional split could then be incorporated and leave each team 4 open slots for non-conference games. I know many would disagree, but this is something I could live with.

The conferences have learned nothing from the lessons of the past. Keeping travel costs reasonable for all sports is imperative as future costs will be much more as well as nationwide travel affecting student athletes. Regional conferences would make the most sense, but the idiocy rules the day until it all blows up in their faces.

The conferences have learned nothing from the lessons of the past. Keeping travel costs reasonable for all sports is imperative as future costs will be much more as well as nationwide travel affecting student athletes. Regional conferences would make the most sense, but the idiocy rules the day until it all blows up in their faces.
I 100% concur on the idea of regional conferences.

I know it would never happen, but my ideal conference for fantastic fantasy conferences (NCAA games) was:

Tulsa
OU
OSU
Missouri
Kansas
Kansas St.
Colorado
Arkansas

Texas
Texas A&M
Rice
Baylor
SMU
Houston
Texas Tech
TCU or UTSA

LOL, that's why ACC conference games involving the west coast schools will be played at a neutral site in Dallas. Nothing says "looking out for student athletes and fans" like having games in front of 9 fans in some rental facility 2 time zones away from home.

Since it is just a wish list of schools here is mine:
TU
ND
OU
OSU
UT
T A&M
Pitt (state in Kansas)
Hutchinson JUCO
Kiefer Trojans

SMU
TCU
Rice
Tulane
Baylor
T Tech
Hardin Simmons
Tyler JUCO
Leakey High School (TX)

why? Because UH gets screwed and that is worth the price of admission

Might be the smartest thing you‘ve ever proposed!
48 might be a bit much. 16 is a good number for playoffs. So good the NBA, NHL, and MLS use it. MLB and NFL are headed that way (Believe they stand at 12 and 14 respectively right now).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT