ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Howard out

Novocaine

I.T.S. Head Coach
Mar 15, 2004
Guess we're going to see Guzan for the next two. He's had plenty of experience making saves with a shaky Villa defense this year in the EPL.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yeah, I'm not getting too worked up about the injury. Guzan should feel right at home if Klinsmann pulls another back line stunt again.

Not a problem, it is just another chrous of the same tune .... Let's change the defensive lineup every single game.

Frankly, Im not that worried about it. Howard has his liabilities and tends to be invisible in the press when he is clearly to blame for his long list of howlers. He's a great keeper at times -- dont get me wrong -- but just like the US has had better strikers than the current team, we have had better keepers too. And a lot of that gapping space that offenses rush into to beat our back line has more than a little to do with Howard's skill set than the American press is willing to cover -- or even has the knowledge to discuss.

Azteca looks to be 3-nil, regardless of who is in goal and if the US cant beat Costa Rica at altitude with a keeper that plays in the EPL, then Brazil shouldnt be in the conversation anyway.

If you want to worry about Guzan, worry about the goal differential, if there is a tie at the end of the qualifying. We may end up giving goals we regret later.

Frankly, I love the idea of Guzan getting a shot on national team duty. He's hungry and will be motivated to perform so he can get the heck out of Villa if they go down.

With Howard, you have to wonder if he would be taking chances in a mid-season qualifer with his team anywhere between 4 and 9 in the table over the next month. I dont care about how professional you are ... if you've got an outside shot at Champion's League money, you may not leave it all on the qualifying pitch.

Guzan is bruta,l and he is part of the reason Villa is going to get relegated. Harry will lead QPR out of the dredges and Prince William's teams will go down in the :crap:ter. Just a little prediction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT