ADVERTISEMENT

This Just In - Obamacare

rabidTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Jan 2, 2004
Obama will address the Obamacare fisco at 10:35 CT.

How does any President have the unilateral authority to change a law which was passed by Congress? Isn't Obama attempting to set a dangerous precedent where a sitting President can re-write the laws of the land without any action from the other two branches of government nor the courts?

Originally posted by lawpoke87:

How does any President have the unilateral authority to change a law which was passed by Congress? Isn't Obama attempting to set a dangerous precedent where a sitting President can re-write the laws of the land without any action from the other two branches of government nor the courts?
He is the Princeps.. not the President.

Hail Caesar!

The latest CBS poll, a group historically very favorable to the Pres, now show the healthcare law 30 points underwater with a 31% approval rating. Obama's approval rating sits at 39%. Hard to understand how the Administration could screw this up to this scale.

The next problem is going to be the lack of healthy young people buying these plans. This group is needed to transfer the costs of the older and unhealthy policy holders. Without young people the cost of the plans overall will skyrocket in the next year.

Quite the mess.

There is also a 3 months grace period. So you don't have to buy HI until
You need it.

Kind of like waiting to buy home owners insurance,
After your house catches fire.

This post was edited on 11/20 9:31 PM by aTUfan

My very good friend (pretty liberal on most things) and I were talking about the website on the way to the game last night and his reply to it was "it'll be fixed". I think most good folks on the left think that because they have so much faith in govt that they are blinded to reality.

I know one thing, if I don't get insurance by Jan 1st, I will be among the uninsured. I went to my provider this week and talked directly to their agents who addressed some of my concerns. I asked them when I could sign up and they said I should do it no later than mid December, but recommended it be done by the 7th. I told them I had concerns about the security and they replied that it wasn't an issue since they also had to access the site to get everyone signed up. In effect, you can't worry about what you cannot control.

So I asked them if I could sign up immediately and they informed me that they couldn't since the website isn't working. So its a "Catch 22" IMO. I have to abide by a law I do not agree with and be penalized for not doing it and the ones making me do it, have a system that won't even allow me to do that. Now I know most of you haven't had a cancellation notice . . . . yet. But when you do, you'd better get ready for a shock.

BTW, you DO get a subsidy to "entice" you to buy federally controlled healthcare, but that will vanish after they have "hooked' you into their system. The premiums will increase and your health services will begin to decline. Delay, rationing and triage as I've said in the past. Death panels are a form of triage.

I'm choosing what is the equivalent of catastrophic insurance - low premiums and very high deductables. In effect, i'm gambling I won't get sick. Oops, its time to go workout after I eat that protein bar and drink my V8.
grin.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 11/21 12:51 PM by rabidTU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT