ADVERTISEMENT

The state of our union?

We have an admistration that rules by edict and executive order instead of the Legislative process defined in the Constitution.

we now have a system where a politician can get away with anything ( pulling the wool over the voters eyes, lying, ignoring protocol, . . .. ) as long as they make the other party look bad while doing it.

Based on my conversations with my ultra conservative friends this poll doesn't surprise me one bit.

Not particularly shocking. Does anyone think that there wouldn't have been similar percentages in 2007 if democrats were asked the same question about Bush? Another yawn-fest article pretending conservatives have a monopoly on anything that's bad.

Our biggest threat is an executive branch of the federal govt that views middle class US citizens as a world problem, not a solution to those problems. A president that sees evil in everyone else and none in himself. But that affliction is shared by the DC political class in general who lose touch with their constituents after a term or two and settle in for a long self absorbed tenure at the top of the economic food chain.

But the title of the thread is "state of the union". Right now there IS no union. When one group/party ignores/diminishes a large segment of the people that supply them with the resources to govern is dismissed as mean, ignorant know nothings, they are encouraging an insurrection. The govt is supposed to listen to the people, but THIS exectutive branch of the govt does NOT. That is the state of this union IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT