ADVERTISEMENT

The difference between a food hall and a food court?

Same as the difference between a stewardess and a flight attendant or between a secretary and an administrative assistant.

Reactions: drboobay
Same as the difference between a stewardess and a flight attendant or between a secretary and an administrative assistant.
Apparently big news that a "food hall" is coming to the BOK Tower. Of course I remember well the "Food Court" at the BOK Tower.

Reactions: Gold* and TU 1978
Inquiring minds want to know.
The average income and educational level of the people in the surrounding zip code...

But seriously, food courts tend to have a broad variety fast food chains. Food halls tend to be curated around some theme or locality and tend to be operated by local restaurateurs. The effect is generally higher end and higher quality with more creative offerings and more attention on the setting and atmosphere.

Reactions: TU_BLA and rusty-c
Pokenmike was quoted on a local station saying’ “Food Hall is the food ya kin buy at the pool hall and Food Court is the food ya buy at the concession stand at the basketball court”. It was very insightful but then said something about sheep, his mother and OSU… 😆

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA and TU 1978
When I think of “food hall” I think of Fassler Hall. When I think of Fassler Hall, I think of beer. Perhaps they’ll have a Beer Hall.

When I think of “food hall” I think of Fassler Hall. When I think of Fassler Hall, I think of beer. Perhaps they’ll have a Beer Hall.
I've been to 2 or 3 food halls and all definitely had high end alcohol consumption as part of the concept.

I like that the article lists QT as an “eatery.” They also act like it’s one of the few QTs ever without a gas pump, but there was such a QT downtown back in the day. I wonder how well that works once the Day Center crowd figures out they don’t have to walk as far to 15th and Denver.

Also, I had the same thought about this being a re-do of the old concept. Before long, someone will want to add an ice rink and a movie theater.

I enjoyed the Magic Pan.

And that Sports Bar at the entry to the circle of shops. Cannot remember the name.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Apparently big news that a "food hall" is coming to the BOK Tower. Of course I remember well the "Food Court" at the BOK Tower.
They have a walkway from the tower to where skating rink used to be with shop spaces on the N side.

I’m guessing they’re breaking up that slave to use and since it’s a hall and will have food on one side it’s a food hall?

They have a walkway from the tower to where skating rink used to be with shop spaces on the N side.

I’m guessing they’re breaking up that slave to use and since it’s a hall and will have food on one side it’s a food hall?
I remember that walkway. Used to be tie shop there that I visited often in the late 80s early 90s. And a pretty cool bar and restaurant on the east entry area. Cannot remember the name.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT