ADVERTISEMENT

Temple game thread

I'm behind watching off of DVR... But the substitution penalty was a stupid coaching mistake that reuined any chance of a goal line stand. Dumb dumb dumb.

WTF!!!!!

Coaching 101.

Your wr is 6 inches taller than a DB.

You tell your QB to throw it over his head. 3 rows up in the stands, I don't care. But you throw it short to him one time sit the bench.

How are we this incompetent? How can we have kids passing classes at this University and our coaches can't teach them to make simple smart plays?

Reactions: TUGrad06
Terrible play on the ball by Hobbs. We desperately need a new #1 receiver. This guy is no Keyariss.

Good grief. Keyariss would’ve caught that and brought the corner to the ground with him and then ran right back to the LOS for the next play.

We need a YUUUUUUUGGGGEEEEEEEE upgrade at WR. And while I’m dreaming let’s upgrade the OTs, play calling, and QB.

Love seeing Christian Williams in the sideline cheering his teammates on and keeping them motivated.

Reactions: sonofbird
Underthrown ball

Hobbs had him beat. He's 4-6 inches taller and Skipper threw it to the back shoulder because that is what he has been taught to do when the DB has his back turned. I see them do it all the time, that big highlight catch Hobbs had last year was that way.

Hobbs had him beat. He's 4-6 inches taller and Skipper threw it to the back shoulder because that is what he has been taught to do when the DB has his back turned. I see them do it all the time, that big highlight catch Hobbs had last year was that way.

Yep, I hate it but Monty and Co coach the QBs to throw it that way. Evans threw it to the same place for Keyarris and Atkinson.

I actually agree. I just don't think he played the ball as well. If the CB could catch it like he did, Hobbs with his huge arms should be able to at least get a hand on it.

Really is amazing how bad this offensive line is. With all the preseason hype.

Also for those who wanted creative play calling there you go.

Instead of repeating what just took you down the field we tried to fake the slant and hit a go.

How about we just do what we're good at until somebody proves they can stop it?

Our O-line and rb can keep us in the game. Our big receiver can dominate small dbs in short throw situations. Also happens to be where skipper excells because it's just pitch and catch. A solid defense and that O is gonna probably get you to a bowl if you play mistake free.

Or gamble over and over again and maybe you can beat the odds.

Skipper can run just as well as President.

President should never, ever see the field. Unless he's a WR.

Temple 38, Tulsa 13.

We. Are. Really. Really. Really. Bad.

I’ll stop melting for the rest of the game.

False starts... mental penalties.
That's all coaching. Monty should quit. Are Tulsans calling into the radio programs and screaming for this guy's head???

Through 2 1/4 games against FBS teams, we have as many pick 6s as touchdown passes. That’s probably not optimal.

I actually agree. I just don't think he played the ball as well. If the CB could catch it like he did, Hobbs with his huge arms should be able to at least get a hand on it.

Go wrap your arms around a child and then try and catch a football. That's essentially what you said Hobbs should be able to do. Except the kid is fighting for the ball too.

Throw it over his head. Either he high points it, or the ball goes out of bounds and you get to run another play.

Just make smart decisions. It's either the receiver catches it or no one does.

I’m a basketball guy but isn’t this read exchange taking much longer to develop than we are used to seeing?

Reactions: sonofbird
Temple's line is pretty good. We've ran the ball fine, even pass protection has been decent. We are just a horribly coached team.

These are all Monty's players and his coaching. I see talent but a lot of dumb mistakes. So ......

Also for those who wanted creative play calling there you go.

Instead of repeating what just took you down the field we tried to fake the slant and hit a go.

How about we just do what we're good at until somebody proves they can stop it?

Our O-line and rb can keep us in the game. Our big receiver can dominate small dbs in short throw situations. Also happens to be where skipper excells because it's just pitch and catch. A solid defense and that O is gonna probably get you to a bowl if you play mistake free.

Or gamble over and over again and maybe you can beat the odds.[/QUO
No they can't. .... We have to be creative, running up the middle every play isn't working

Maybe coaching but we are getting our asses kicked on the defensive and offensive lines.

I’m a basketball guy but isn’t this read exchange taking much longer to develop than we are used to seeing?

Because skipper is actually reading the defense yes.

Because the running backs have gotten use to him just handing it off they're also trying to keep it when skipper wants to pull and run or hit the slant. It's throwing the timing off. My guess is skipper was told to not run unless it was wide open the first three games. Now they realized the box us getting loaded and told him to pull it a few times to lossen up the d.

If he hadn't been told to not run it to start the defense would already be loosened up and we would be running the play smoothly every time.

Situational coaching is so important to setting up future success in a game where tatics and strategy are important factors in winning. It's like playing a chess game that lasts all year long.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
I have 4 tickets in the end zone for the rest of the season. Who wants them?

I can’t watch this crap, it’s making me physically ill. If Manny Bunch Ike’s another f-ing tackle instead of squaring his damn shoulders against the runner, Ima gonna throw a brick at him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT