ADVERTISEMENT

St. Louis Restaurant

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
We're passing through St. Louis on I44. Any recommendations for a restaurant that's convenient from there? It's going to be a long drive so someplace fairly quick, sit down is ok as long as it's pretty quick. Thanks!

We're passing through St. Louis on I44. Any recommendations for a restaurant that's convenient from there? It's going to be a long drive so someplace fairly quick, sit down is ok as long as it's pretty quick. Thanks!

Oh man, this looks great, thanks. And if my kids are pissing me off, I'll just get the chilimac and lock their windows the rest of the way to Tulsa.

I'm looking at going to a concert in Nov at the Pageant in St Louis. What's the best restaurants in the Del Mar Loop area? Thinking bout staying at the Moonrise Hotel before we come back from the show.

El Maguey for Mexican. Salt and Smoke for St Louis ribs and brisket. Blueberry Hill for a diner with standard american fare. Save room for a root beer float for dessert at Fitz's. Hard to go wrong in Del Mar. Maybe 20 places worth your money. 5 or 6 excellent Asian themed choices.

El Maguey for Mexican. Salt and Smoke for St Louis ribs and brisket. Blueberry Hill for a diner with standard american fare. Save room for a root beer float for dessert at Fitz's. Hard to go wrong in Del Mar. Maybe 20 places worth your money. 5 or 6 excellent Asian themed choices.
Any recommendations on the Asian restaurants. I love Thai, Vietnamese, Hmong, Korean, etc, restaurants.

Any recommendations on the Asian restaurants. I love Thai, Vietnamese, Hmong, Korean, etc, restaurants.
Fork & Stix for legit northern Thai food. Corner 17 for old school Chinese, including several soups made with hand pulled noodles prepared on the premises.

No prob! Enjoy!! Recommend the khao soi at Fork.
If I could convince the people I was going with, I'd do both Corner & Fork. But I doubt they'd go for that, so I'm tending towards Corner 17. I'll try and push Corner 17 & Salt & Smoke. Thanks again.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Both Corner and Fork are casual. If you want fancy sit down cloth napkin Asian, let me know.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Both Corner and Fork are casual. If you want fancy sit down cloth napkin Asian, let me know.
I have better luck w/ casual hole in the wall Asian restaurants.(w/ the exception of Sushi restaurants) Too many fancy Asian restaurants disappointed me.

Concur with all these choices. Blueberry Hill used to have some fantastic stuff back in the day. My MIL used to run a hardware store at the end of the loop. Fitz's has great root beer and cream soda but I'd even go a step further and say their orange soda and grape soda are among the best I've had.

My in laws like Smoke and Weber's also runs a BBQ joint in St. Louis, not sure if it's in the Loop or not but it's not far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT