ADVERTISEMENT

Online Universities

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
So I've decided I want to finish getting my college degree. Obviously with my current career, being a full time student isnt possible. My technical training has gotten me pretty far in life, but I just feel like something is missing, and I think finishing college might help. At least it can't hurt. If anything help set an example for my 5 year old.

Does anyone have any recommendations for online options? There are a ton out there anywhere from $150-$500 a credit hour.

Does staying in state save money? I'm pursuing an engineering degree if that helps.

Thanks ahead of time.

Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley

Reactions: jesterondirt
So many of the main stream brick and mortar schools will also offer degree programs online as well. I don't know how it works with different engineering tracts as many will have a lab component that just isn't the same away from an actual lab setting. And be careful to read the fine print. I know that even at TCC an online class is going to incur an additional fee of $40-$80 per class (online service fee).

Buy local.

Go down to TU, meet with a transfer admissions counselor, figure out what you need to finish at TU and what you can take at TCC to get you back up to speed. Transfer back in when you’ve built your foundation, if the numbers and length of time makes sense versus online. They can help you map out a timeline and a projected cost.

Buy local.

Go down to TU, meet with a transfer admissions counselor, figure out what you need to finish at TU and what you can take at TCC to get you back up to speed. Transfer back in when you’ve built your foundation, if the numbers and length of time makes sense versus online. They can help you map out a timeline and a projected cost.
Yeah, TCC is going to give you a good foundations option for some engineering, specifically electrical. But a lot of what they will do is also put you on an engineering tech path which is going to be more industry/manufacturing related. Call 918-417-1047 to speak with Nathan Harris at TCC. He specializes in admissions for individuals who are returning to school after some time away. He can also put you in touch with a transfer counselor that will be able to help map out a 2 year program where your classes will transfer into a 4 year program at TU or most other 4 years with the program you're looking to go into.

Buy local.

I love the idea that I could have a degree from TU. I've spent my entire life coming to 11th and Harvard every fall. It's never once crossed my mind that I could be a part of it. I always felt it was a too out of reach.

Yeah, TCC is going to give you a good foundations option for some engineering, specifically electrical. But a lot of what they will do is also put you on an engineering tech path which is going to be more industry/manufacturing related. Call 918-417-1047 to speak with Nathan Harris at TCC. He specializes in admissions for individuals who are returning to school after some time away. He can also put you in touch with a transfer counselor that will be able to help map out a 2 year program where your classes will transfer into a 4 year program at TU or most other 4 years with the program you're looking to go into.
Appreciate the help

I love the idea that I could have a degree from TU. I've spent my entire life coming to 11th and Harvard every fall. It's never once crossed my mind that I could be a part of it. I always felt it was a too out of reach.
I’m living proof anyone can do it and everyone should.

Does your current employer provide tuition assistance? If so, TU will waive tuition payment until the end of the semester for employers that reimburse after completion.

We'd be damn proud to have you. What an amazing accomplishment that would be. Imagine your elementary school kid (by then) watching dad walk across the stage with a diploma. TU or not, I hope it works out for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT